Author Topic: Dubai/UAE buying American sports companies, purchased 10 percent of UFC  (Read 2362 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Well it looks like the Arabs are slowly buying up American companies, this is a shame as I consider myself a MMA fan and UFC is 10 percent owned by the UAE now. Granted there aren't really any current Jewish fighters, but I think I will start watching strikeforce instead or Dream.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/15237/ultimate-fighting-islamists-abu-dhabi-buys-10-of-ufc/

Longtime readers know that I like boxing, fights, and that one of my guilty pleasures is watching a good martial arts movie.  Sometimes, since I can’t do that stuff to get out my own stress, I like watching those who do.  It’s a vicarious thing for the non-violent and physically tiny and powerless (i.e., me).

So, it really bugs me that even something as viscerally American as UFC–the Ultimate Fighting Championship–is now 10% owned by an anti-Semitic Gulf state, which has a policy of travel apartheid and won’t let Jewish Israelis into its borders.  Yup, the UFC is now 10% owned by the sons of the late Sheikh Zayed Al-Nahyan, whose Zayed Center funded anti-Semitic, Holocaust-denying, anti-Israel, and 9/11 Truther speakers, authors, and books.

These Islamofascists are buying EVERYTHING.  Like I always say, remember the good old days . . . when the Japanese owned everything in America?

Flash Entertainment, an event management company owned by the Abu Dhabi government, bought a 10 percent stake in Zuffa LLC, owners of the Ultimate Fighting Championship and World Extreme Cagefighting as the sport grows in popularity.

Flash shares “our vision, passion, and enthusiasm for the UFC,” said Lorenzo J. Fertitta, UFC Chairman, in the PRNewswire statement today. “We are confident that this partnership will accelerate the worldwide growth of the UFC.”

Hmm . . . does UFC have a “vision, passion, and enthusiasm” for Judenrein like Abu Dhabi does?

Abu Dhabi, capital of the United Arab Emirates which is home to about 8 percent of the world’s oil supply, has embarked on an expansion and modernization plan as it looks to diversify away from its crude-driven economy. The government’s 2030 plan, devised in 2007, foresees the population growing to as much as 5 million from an estimated 1.6 million in 2008. The emirate hosted its first Formula One race in November. It is also building a branch of Paris’ Sorbonne University and Louvre and Guggenheim museums.

Uh, you can’t “modernize” if you are obsessed with ancient, backwoods Middle Eastern anti-Semitism, as UAE and Abu Dhabi are.  You can have all the fancy museums in the world, but if you don’t get rid of rabid anti-Semitism, you’re nothing more than savages with money and nice cars, which is essentially what the Gulf states are.

Wrestling is not new to the emirate. The Abu Dhabi Combat Club was created in 1998 by Sheikh Tahnoon Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the son of the U.A.E.’s founder. The club spawned the ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship, an international martial arts event.

More:

Ossama Khoreibi, Chairman of Flash Entertainment, commented, “Since our very first meeting, we were impressed by Lorenzo, Frank and Dana’s commitment to growing UFC as a global sport.” He continued, “Flash is equally committed to building Abu Dhabi’s profile as an international entertainment destination, and this partnership provides further proof of our company’s bold ambitions. We look forward to an exciting future ahead, working closely with our UFC partners to activate this sport in the UAE, the region and across the world.”

The Raine Group acted as financial advisor to Flash Entertainment. Goldman Sachs served as UFC’s financial advisor.

Um, FYI, Mr. Khoreibi, “global” means every country in the world, including Israel. There are many top Israeli martial arts champs. What happens when one of them earns the right to compete in the UAE, and Abu Dhabi won’t grant him a visa? Will UFC say nothing the way the entire international tennis community (except Andy Roddick) says nothing when Israeli tennis players are excluded?

It’s gonna happen. Bet on it.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Oh there is more to it than just that...

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/20317/new-muslim-owners-ban-jesus-christ-thank-g-d-ultimate-fight-championship/

April 9, 2010, - 4:13 pm
New Muslim Part-Owners Ban “Jesus,” “Christ,” “Thank G-d” @ Ultimate Fighting Championship

By Debbie Schlussel

For more than a decade, I’ve written on this site and elsewhere about the dangerous ways Islam is invading and imposing itself upon our culture.  It’s the insidious, sub rosa take over that is the most dangerous.

Now, No Jesus, Christ, or Thank G-d Allowed, Either

One of the latest examples is UFC–Ultimate Fighting Championship.  I told you, recently, that anti-Semitic Muslim princes, the Al-Nahyans from the Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, bought a 10% stake in UFC.  (Since then, I’ve heard they are looking to buy a majority or complete stake, so they can control the entire organization outright.)  And I predicted there would be changes.

Sadly, I was right.  This weekend, UFC debuts in Arab Muslim Mid-East. On Saturday pro Mixed Martial Arts fighters will compete in Abu Dhabi.  Yup, American dhimmis will be the minstrel entertainment for the fat Arab Muslim oil sheiks and their harems and retinues.  And there is a lot of buzz going on throughout the Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) community about the restrictions that have been placed on fighters.

Apparently the contract fighters in the UFC event were required to sign in order to participate gave a pretty good taste of what we all know is the oxymoron called, “Islamic tolerance.”  Whereas we must bend over backwards to tolerate their every move, here’s what those in the know from the MMA Underground Forums say the Muslim owners of UFC forced upon competitors (and I’ve heard confirmation of this from others in the MMA community–thanks, reader, brave American soldier/hero, actor & FB Friend, Carlos Ortiz):

It is part of the contract with the Abu Dhabi people that they are not allowed to mention “G-d” or “Jesus” or “Christ” by name in their post fight interviews.  I doubt that those who would have mentioned them would be in favour of mentioning “Allah,” and several fighters have complained to the UFC management about it.

Yeah, good luck with that.  Predictably, I hear, these complaints fell on deaf (Islamic) ears.

UFC fighters are worried that this will be the policy throughout the UFC if and when Abu Dhabi’s Al-Nahyans buy the rest of–or a controlling stake–in UFC. And their fears may be realized. Frankly, this one event’s restrictions are scary and intolerant enough.

Think about this the next time you hear Muslims preaching to you about “tolerance.”  They don’t want “tolerance.”  They want to shove their religion down your throat and up your rear . . . and eliminate all traces of your religion and way of life.

UFC is only a tiny microcosm of the Islamic invasion and dominance over our culture that is slowly, invisibly metastasizing all over the West like cancer.

And we will see more and more of this corporate pandering to Islam as more and more companies are either acquired by Muslim investors or seek to expand their customer base onto the Arab Street.  We’ve seen it with FOX News/News Corp, now UFC, and so many others.  More like it to come.

Mourn what we had, America.

I do Krav Maga.  I don't care for UFC or MMA very often [Krav Maga is not allowed to compete].  But its really a shame when a Muslim buys up shares in something and ruins it for all the people who enjoyed the thing beforehand [especially Fox News; what kind of news ignores the fact Islam and Nazism are scarcely different from each other, minus the "G-d stuff".].

May G-d drown every Muslim in a flood of pigs blood.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
this is not new.in the uk there is a new stadium called the emirate stadium.in melnourn there is an emirate building.they are trying to buy the world with their oil money.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krav_Maga
Krav Maga (pronounced /ˌkrɑːv məˈɡɑː/; Hebrew: קרב מגע‎, IPA: [ˈkʁav maˈɡa], lit. "contact combat" or "close combat") is an eclectic hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel which involves wrestling, grappling  and striking techniques, mostly known for its extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks, as it is also taught to elite special forces around the world. [1][2]  It was derived from street-fighting skills developed by Imi Lichtenfeld, who made use of his training as a boxer and wrestler, as a means of defending the Jewish quarter during a period of anti-Semitic activity in Bratislava[3]  in the mid- to late 1930s. In the late 1940s, following his immigration to Israel, he began to provide hand-to-hand combat training to what was to become the IDF, developing the techniques that became known as Krav Maga. It has since been refined for both civilian and military applications.[4]

Some refinements include, but are not limited to, the incorporation of elements from traditional Asian martial arts.[1]

Krav Maga has a philosophy emphasizing threat neutralization, simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers, and aggression.[5] Krav Maga is used by the IDF Special Forces units and several closely related variations have been developed and adopted by law enforcement and intelligence organizations, Mossad, Shin Bet, FBI, SWAT units of the NYPD[6] and United States special operations forces. There are several organizations teaching variations of Krav Maga internationally.[7][8][9]
Contents

Etymology

The name in Hebrew means "hand-to-hand combat". Krav (קרב) meaning "combat" and Maga (מגע) meaning "contact" or "touch".[10][11][12]
Basic principles

Generally, there are no rules in Krav Maga, as it is a defense fighting technique which is not regulated, but utilized to keep the user safe and incapacitate the opponent by any means necessary. Men and women generally undergo the same drills.[9][13] It has no sporting federation, and there are no official uniforms or attire, although some organizations do recognize progress through training with rank badges, different levels, and belts.[14][15]

General principles include:[1]

* Counter attacking as soon as possible (or attacking preemptively).
    * Targeting attacks to the body's most vulnerable points such as the eyes, jaw, throat, groin, knee etc.
    * Neutralizing the opponent as quickly as possible by responding with an unbroken stream of counter attacks and if necessary a take down/joint break.
    * Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, objects that could be used to defend or help attack and so on.

Basic training is a mixed aerobic and anaerobic workout. Protective pads and other personal protection equipment may be used during initial training. Scenarios are used to train personnel for situations typically encountered in street patrol or combat situations. Training scenarios teach students to ignore distractions.[16] Other training methods to increase realism might include blindfolding or exercising trainees to near exhaustion before dealing with a simulated attack, as well as training outdoors on a variety of surfaces and restrictive situations.

Training also covers situational awareness to develop an understanding of one's surroundings and potentially threatening circumstances before an attack occurs. It may also cover ways to deal with potentially violent situations, and physical and verbal methods to avoid violence whenever possible.

History

Krav Maga was developed in Czechoslovakia in the 1930s[1] by Imi Lichtenfeld , also known as Imi Sde-Or (Sde-Or - "Light Field" - a calque of his surname into Hebrew). He first taught his fighting system in Bratislava in order to help protect the local Jewish community from the Nazi militia. Upon arriving in the British Mandate of Palestine, Imi began teaching Kapap to the Haganah, the Jewish underground army. With the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Imi became the Chief Instructor of Physical Fitness and Krav Maga at the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) School of Combat Fitness. He served in the IDF for 15 years, during which time he continued to develop and refine his hand-to-hand combat method.[12] In 1964 he left the military though continued to supervise the instruction of Krav Maga in both military and law-enforcement contexts, and in addition, worked indefatigably to refine, improve and adapt Krav Maga to meet civilians needs.[17] In 1978, Imi founded the non-profit Israeli Krav Maga Association with several senior instructors.[12] He died in January 1998 in Netanya, Israel.[18]

Expansion to the USA

Prior to 1980, all experts in Krav Maga lived in Israel and trained under the Israeli Krav Maga Association. That year marks the beginning of contact between Israeli Krav Maga experts and interested students in the United States. In 1981, a group of six Krav Maga instructors traveled to the US to demonstrate their system, primarily to local Jewish Community Centers. The New York Field Office of the FBI and the FBI's Main Training Center at Quantico, Virginia saw it and expressed interest. The result was a visit by 22 people from the US to Israel in the summer of 1981 to attend a basic Krav Maga instructor course. The graduates from this course returned to the US and began to establish training facilities in their local areas. Additional students traveled to Israel in 1984 and again in 1986 to become instructors. At the same time, instructors from Israel continued to visit the US. Law Enforcement training in the US began in 1985.[19]

Krav Maga is currently being taught as a primary hand-to-hand combat technique among Police Departments in the United States.

Expansion to South America

In 1990, Lichtenfeld appointed Kobi Lichtenstein to introduce Krav Maga to South America.[20][21]

Expansion to South Africa

Within the last 2 years a new Krav Maga company has set up in South Africa. The training is mostly for civilian, although they train to help prepare to join military units. Warrior Sports in Centurion outside Pretoria currently provide training in Krav Maga [22]

Current usage

All Israel Defense Forces soldiers, including all Israeli Special Forces units[9], learn Krav Maga as part of their basic training, although most non-Special Forces trainees only spend a small amount of time training in Krav Maga, up to a week of training for a few hours per day.[23] Further, Krav Maga is the defensive tactics system used to train the Israeli Police,[14] Israeli Intelligence and all Security Divisions. Krav Maga is also taught to civilians, military, law enforcement and security agencies around the world. The Swedish Army uses Krav Maga lightly in close combat training for urban warfare. The International Krav Maga Federation in Netanya outside of Israel trains some of the world's top body guards, who use Krav Maga as a trade fighting art since it includes several exercises in evacuating a VIP through a hostile crowd. Also, the tactics for dispatching several opponents quickly is vital for personal protection agents.[14][24]

Leadership

There are numerous organizations around the world teaching Krav Maga or variants. Since the death of its founder, differences have arisen, with competing claims to heirship. Some organizations and individuals claim to be the sole heir while others contend it is an "open" art which should not be owned by any person or group.[25]

Despite attempts to trademark Krav Maga, there is no official head-instructor or organization.[26]

I actually had to use what I have learned in a situation this year.  An irate motorist honked his horn belligerently at me and my roommate [who is a female] while crossing the street madly.  I asked what his deal was [he was driving like a madman, it should have been safe for us to cross the street except he was out of control].  Instead of responding, without a word he stopped his car in the middle of the street and got out and came over to me and threw a punch.  I blocked the punch and socked him 3 times [2 jabs and a hook], he fell, he got back up, and he threw another punch at me, I blocked it and socked him 2 more times [a jab and a hook], he fell, and he started to get up again and I knocked him out with a kick to the head [what did it take to stop this monster!  He was a really big guy!].  -- Much of my neighborhood saw the fight happen.  Everyone agreed the man only got what he asked for [being quite bloodied and knocked out].  My roommate took a picture of the guy and we went to the police station and spoke with an officer about what happened.  When I thought about it afterward I realized I had been pretty scared at the time, but really happy Krav Maga works extremely well, and very happy I had taken my lessons. -- I have no idea if this guy was a Judenhasser because he never said what is problem with me was, but I have a big beard and was wearing a kippah...

I encourage every single Jew to learn this fighting technique [or perhaps another one which is effective, I don't really know which ones of them are good], anti-Semitism takes no rest [Jews receive over 2/3's of all religious based hate crimes each year in America].  I recommend it to every righteous Gentile as well, you never know when you might need it.

Ka-pow!

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
These scum are taking over everything.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
What's next? WWE? They better not since I'm a huge wrestling fan.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Krav Maga (pronounced /ˌkrɑːv məˈɡɑː/; Hebrew: קרב מגע‎, IPA: [ˈkʁav maˈɡa], lit. "contact combat" or "close combat") is an eclectic hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel which involves wrestling, grappling  and striking techniques, mostly known for its extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks, as it is also taught to elite special forces around the world. [1][2]  It was derived from street-fighting skills developed by Imi Lichtenfeld, who made use of his training as a boxer and wrestler, as a means of defending the Jewish quarter during a period of anti-Semitic activity in Bratislava[3]  in the mid- to late 1930s. In the late 1940s, following his immigration to Israel, he began to provide hand-to-hand combat training to what was to become the IDF, developing the techniques that became known as Krav Maga. It has since been refined for both civilian and military applications.[4]

Some refinements include, but are not limited to, the incorporation of elements from traditional Asian martial arts.[1]

Krav Maga has a philosophy emphasizing threat neutralization, simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers, and aggression.[5] Krav Maga is used by the IDF Special Forces units and several closely related variations have been developed and adopted by law enforcement and intelligence organizations, Mossad, Shin Bet, FBI, SWAT units of the NYPD[6] and United States special operations forces. There are several organizations teaching variations of Krav Maga internationally.[7][8][9]
Contents

Etymology

The name in Hebrew means "hand-to-hand combat". Krav (קרב) meaning "combat" and Maga (מגע) meaning "contact" or "touch".[10][11][12]
Basic principles

Generally, there are no rules in Krav Maga, as it is a defense fighting technique which is not regulated, but utilized to keep the user safe and incapacitate the opponent by any means necessary. Men and women generally undergo the same drills.[9][13] It has no sporting federation, and there are no official uniforms or attire, although some organizations do recognize progress through training with rank badges, different levels, and belts.[14][15]

* Targeting attacks to the body's most vulnerable points such as the eyes, jaw, throat, groin, knee etc.
    * Neutralizing the opponent as quickly as possible by responding with an unbroken stream of counter attacks and if necessary a take down/joint break.
    * Maintaining awareness of surroundings while dealing with the threat in order to look for escape routes, further attackers, objects that could be used to defend or help attack and so on.

Basic training is a mixed aerobic and anaerobic workout. Protective pads and other personal protection equipment may be used during initial training. Scenarios are used to train personnel for situations typically encountered in street patrol or combat situations. Training scenarios teach students to ignore distractions.[16] Other training methods to increase realism might include blindfolding or exercising trainees to near exhaustion before dealing with a simulated attack, as well as training outdoors on a variety of surfaces and restrictive situations.

Training also covers situational awareness to develop an understanding of one's surroundings and potentially threatening circumstances before an attack occurs. It may also cover ways to deal with potentially violent situations, and physical and verbal methods to avoid violence whenever possible.

History

Krav Maga was developed in Czechoslovakia in the 1930s[1] by Imi Lichtenfeld , also known as Imi Sde-Or (Sde-Or - "Light Field" - a calque of his surname into Hebrew). He first taught his fighting system in Bratislava in order to help protect the local Jewish community from the Nazi militia. Upon arriving in the British Mandate of Palestine, Imi began teaching Kapap to the Haganah, the Jewish underground army. With the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, Imi became the Chief Instructor of Physical Fitness and Krav Maga at the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) School of Combat Fitness. He served in the IDF for 15 years, during which time he continued to develop and refine his hand-to-hand combat method.[12] In 1964 he left the military though continued to supervise the instruction of Krav Maga in both military and law-enforcement contexts, and in addition, worked indefatigably to refine, improve and adapt Krav Maga to meet civilians needs.[17] In 1978, Imi founded the non-profit Israeli Krav Maga Association with several senior instructors.[12] He died in January 1998 in Netanya, Israel.[18]

Expansion to the USA

Prior to 1980, all experts in Krav Maga lived in Israel and trained under the Israeli Krav Maga Association. That year marks the beginning of contact between Israeli Krav Maga experts and interested students in the United States. In 1981, a group of six Krav Maga instructors traveled to the US to demonstrate their system, primarily to local Jewish Community Centers. The New York Field Office of the FBI and the FBI's Main Training Center at Quantico, Virginia saw it and expressed interest. The result was a visit by 22 people from the US to Israel in the summer of 1981 to attend a basic Krav Maga instructor course. The graduates from this course returned to the US and began to establish training facilities in their local areas. Additional students traveled to Israel in 1984 and again in 1986 to become instructors. At the same time, instructors from Israel continued to visit the US. Law Enforcement training in the US began in 1985.[19]

Krav Maga is currently being taught as a primary hand-to-hand combat technique among Police Departments in the United States.

In 1990, Lichtenfeld appointed Kobi Lichtenstein to introduce Krav Maga to South America.[20][21]

Within the last 2 years a new Krav Maga company has set up in South Africa. The training is mostly for civilian, although they train to help prepare to join military units. Warrior Sports in Centurion outside Pretoria currently provide training in Krav Maga [22]

Current usage

All Israel Defense Forces soldiers, including all Israeli Special Forces units[9], learn Krav Maga as part of their basic training, although most non-Special Forces trainees only spend a small amount of time training in Krav Maga, up to a week of training for a few hours per day.[23] Further, Krav Maga is the defensive tactics system used to train the Israeli Police,[14] Israeli Intelligence and all Security Divisions. Krav Maga is also taught to civilians, military, law enforcement and security agencies around the world. The Swedish Army uses Krav Maga lightly in close combat training for urban warfare. The International Krav Maga Federation in Netanya outside of Israel trains some of the world's top body guards, who use Krav Maga as a trade fighting art since it includes several exercises in evacuating a VIP through a hostile crowd. Also, the tactics for dispatching several opponents quickly is vital for personal protection agents.[14][24]

Leadership

There are numerous organizations around the world teaching Krav Maga or variants. Since the death of its founder, differences have arisen, with competing claims to heirship. Some organizations and individuals claim to be the sole heir while others contend it is an "open" art which should not be owned by any person or group.[25]

Despite attempts to trademark Krav Maga, there is no official head-instructor or organization.[26]

I actually had to use what I have learned in a situation this year.  An irate motorist honked his horn belligerently at me and my roommate [who is a female] while crossing the street madly.  I asked what his deal was [he was driving like a madman, it should have been safe for us to cross the street except he was out of control].  Instead of responding, without a word he stopped his car in the middle of the street and got out and came over to me and threw a punch.  I blocked the punch and socked him 3 times [2 jabs and a hook], he fell, he got back up, and he threw another punch at me, I blocked it and socked him 2 more times [a jab and a hook], he fell, and he started to get up again and I knocked him out with a kick to the head [what did it take to stop this monster!  He was a really big guy!].  -- Much of my neighborhood saw the fight happen.  Everyone agreed the man only got what he asked for [being quite bloodied and knocked out].  My roommate took a picture of the guy and we went to the police station and spoke with an officer about what happened.  When I thought about it afterward I realized I had been pretty scared at the time, but really happy Krav Maga works extremely well, and very happy I had taken my lessons. -- I have no idea if this guy was a Judenhasser because he never said what is problem with me was, but I have a big beard and was wearing a kippah...

I encourage every single Jew to learn this fighting technique [or perhaps another one which is effective, I don't really know which ones of them are good], anti-Semitism takes no rest [Jews receive over 2/3's of all religious based hate crimes each year in America].  I recommend it to every righteous Gentile as well, you never know when you might need it.

Ka-pow!

I'm mixed about Krav Maga, I think in terms for military against someone who isn't trained in martial arts, it's fine.

Motti Horenstein from Israel who was trained in Krav Maga boasted how his style was elite and ended up losing 6 out of 7 of his fights fighting against other well trained martial artists in Brazilian Ju Jitsu.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
I wouldn't be too worried from Arab investment in Sports.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
This is a shame because I love watching the UFC.

I must say though. UFC fighting has so many rules that it is not applicable to real-life fighting. Many fights are won by a fighter skilled in wrestling/bjj simply taking the fight to the ground every chance he gets. The fighter gets points for takedowns and controlling the tempo of the fight, even if he really doesn't do much damage while controlling his opponent. Kind of a shame because its boring and I wish the refs would stop it and allow for some real fighting.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Look sports is a "trophy" investment which hardly ever makes financial sense. If the Arabs want to sink their money into this, and sponsor American and European athletes and trainers what;'s the big deal ?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
This is a shame because I love watching the UFC.

I must say though. UFC fighting has so many rules that it is not applicable to real-life fighting. Many fights are won by a fighter skilled in wrestling/bjj simply taking the fight to the ground every chance he gets. The fighter gets points for takedowns and controlling the tempo of the fight, even if he really doesn't do much damage while controlling his opponent. Kind of a shame because its boring and I wish the refs would stop it and allow for some real fighting.

I didn't think they got points for takedowns, however controlling an opponent also takes skill, wrestling is considered part of the MMA world so if he can dominate an opponent and they cannot get up then this in a way is controlling the fight similar to how Lesnar had full mount on Mir and ground and pounded him into a TKO. Yes that can be boring at times but it's the same how all these Karate or Taekwondo experts came into MMA thinking they were superior and ended up getting submitted by a guy trained in BJJ so they had to learn to adapt that into their style.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
They buy up many hares of German companies like Mercedes Benz and others. They still don't have the major part, but one day this might change. The reason for their shopping tour actually is because of their future. They have planned an enormous tourist industry but the tourism growth is far below their expectations. Their real estate bubble blasted and now they try to save their money by investing it in less speculative and things that REALLY have future. They may have less spectacular winnings, but they can be sure their money doesn't get lost. So I think this is quite normal.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I guess I could stick to K-1 kickboxing again, theres no Arab involvement with K-1 since it's primarily owned by Japan

There's a very talented Israeli by the name of Ariel Mastov he has a pretty decent record too and a impressive background. My guess is that a lot of the Israeli fighters are not well suited by hybrid combat and like to focus and master a primary skill which is possibly why not many have done well in MMA. There seems to be an MMA league in Israel though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Mastov

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Scooby over Dubai
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer

Contents

Etymology

Basic principles

History

Expansion to the USA

Current usage

Leadership

Ka-pow!

I'm mixed about Krav Maga, I think in terms for military against someone who isn't trained in martial arts, it's fine.

Motti Horenstein from Israel who was trained in Krav Maga boasted how his style was elite and ended up losing 6 out of 7 of his fights fighting against other well trained martial artists in Brazilian Ju Jitsu.

There are a few standout differences between Krav and MMA's.  Krav Maga is not a sporting martial art, its a defensive combat system.  Krav is not designed to be used in a match system with rules or a referee, its not designed for when two people agree there will be a fight between them.

Groin strikes, neck strikes, and eye gouging are highly employed as 1st strikes.  In my training we create scenarios where one might be coming home with two arms full of groceries and need to react instantly to a mugger who suddenly appears or some sort of crazy man; a powerful kick to the testicles is the opening move before even dropping the bags [if you nail the guy and he falls over, great, time to poke his eyes or rip an ear off].  Other situations include, if someone comes behind you and chokes you out of nowhere, you break the hold and attack the groin in the same flow followed by an elbow directly to the throat as part of one move.  If someone throws a punch at you, you should be prepared to close the distance to avoid the hit and poke the persons eyes out at the same time, this may leave a man permanently blinded which is not a sporting way to fight, which is why Krav Maga is different than MMA.  On the streets there is no compassion for the assailant, the goal is to stop the criminal attacker by any means available.  The basic 1st idea of KM is not to beat or out class your opponent, but to injure them as an opening move so there is no need to fight [reduce the threat to nil, and go home and be with your loved ones].  Krav Maga is not designed for a prolonged fight either, although there is no reason one can't stay engaged in a long fight, a long fight is just less desirable [the longer the fight the more likely you are going to get hurt]; blind your opponent and the fight is done [very few people would continue to fight after their testicles have been pummeled, or lose the sight out of one or both of their eyes].  KM is about training your counter reactions to being surprised with an attack with a highly effective immediate stop to the situation.   If someone trains several hours each week with the idea of attacking the groin, throat and eyes with the idea of a simple stop to being attacked, and then goes to a sporting contest where they need to do things more like punching a guy in the nose and other body parts which are both not in the same locations where KM attacks are based, and are not as sensitive as the eyes/groin/etc. their training is useless.  Sure a MMA could attack someones eyes or groin as well but its not what they think about over and over and nor does their training focus on such moves.

Another advantage Krav Maga is fighting multiple attackers; if two people attack one person the one person cannot grapple with two people, with Krav it is more possible to fend off more than one attacker than some grappling MMAs allow.  I am sure the better UFC or highly skilled MMAs would do better than an ordinary guy in a multiple attacker situation, but how many of us will ever get to THAT level of skill in our efforts to become capable of self-defense?

In the military Krav Maga is taught with the idea of not only injuring one's attacker, but killing them as quickly as possible.  For a person who is trained to kill someone, such as this Moti fellow during his time in the IDF special forces, having to use their training in a non-lethal way reduces much of what has been taught to a person.  A person with military combat training in Krav Maga needs to change how they fight from all the hours and hours focused on lethal defense to non-lethal competitive sport fighting, that takes a lot of the Krav training and throws it right out the window, and will also make the fighter have to think slower about what they are actually doing.

Krav Maga is not a terribly complex system to learn which is why I think its an extremely good choice for regular people who have no great dreams or ability to devoting themselves to many years of study in a martial art and who only seek a way to defend themselves in real life scenarios.

The only time a person who trains in Krav Maga should use their skills is if they are being attacked or training to defend an attack.  Krav is not a sport, its not something to do for competitiveness.  I do not know what this Moti fellow claimed he could accomplish, but trying to adapt Krav Maga into being a sport seems like reinventing the wheel to me.  KM moves are taken from some martial arts, boxing, and wrestling and adapted for defensive combat situations, to then take these modified moves and modify them back into a competitive non-combat technique seems pointless, difficult, limiting and not worthwhile.

I have nothing but respect for MMA and UFC events, these people are very dedicated to what they do and many of them are extremely skilled at what they do.  They are the VERY last people I would ever want to find myself in a situation with [aside from a person with a gun].  My humble interest in fighting is to defend myself, and others I care about, from being attacked with as little threat to my own health as possible.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
I think Dubai could be trying to buy out all Zuffas assets

http://urdirt.com/2010/01/12/video-cnbc-asks-dana-white-and-lorenzo-fertitta-is-10-sale-of-the-ufc-just-the-beginning/

I wonder what other companies they are purchasing.