Author Topic: Kabbalah  (Read 15629 times)

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
Kabbalah
« on: June 15, 2010, 08:41:40 PM »
Hi! I am curios about a thing, if you can tell me...

What do you know about Kabbalah?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Kabbalah
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 10:57:52 PM »
Why do you ask this in the general discussion section?

This would be better asked in the Torah section, and we have discussed the Kabbalah many times there. Maybe you can do a search first and maybe you will find an answer to your question.

Also why are you interested in Kabbalah? It is not the kind of thing that the average Jew needs to be concerned with..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:11:48 AM »
Ouch lol

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:29:20 AM »
Come on, Kabbalah has gotten a rotten image because of people like Madanno, or Esther or whatever her name is...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:54:32 AM »
Apparently a lot of people are reading this thread..

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 01:39:17 AM »
i think that the kabbalah is just a supernatural idiocracy.nothing more.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 02:29:57 AM »

What an atrocious statement.   

As the old saying goes, Stupid is as stupid says.   Or something like that.   Watch the movie forrest gump and you'll know what I'm saying.    Ben, did your mom used to tell you life was like a box of chocolates too?

In any case, kabbalah is not for the ignorant, immature, unengaged and insincere to delve into.   If a person is a Shomer Shabbat Jew, he can then even think about looking into Kabbalah, but even then one should have a grasp of the basics of Judaism first.   And certainly kabbalah is not intended for non-Jews to study.

What I find amazing about ben's comment is that someone can dare reject something he has never even studied or looked into.  The height of the "Arrogance of ignorance."    Then again, let's consider the source.  This was also someone who thought the Jewish people died out for over 500 years.   Forever discredited to say anything about Judaism, Jewish history, or Jewish anything.

???

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 02:30:20 AM »

That is easy for you to say because you are an atheist and you have no belief in Hashem. But Kabbalah is just a part of the Jewish tradition, the hidden meaning of Torah which is a part of most Jewish faith.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 03:30:07 AM »

That is easy for you to say because you are an atheist and you have no belief in Hashem. But Kabbalah is just a part of the Jewish tradition, the hidden meaning of Torah which is a part of most Jewish faith.

do you call supernatural hidden meaning?
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 03:30:50 AM »

As the old saying goes, Stupid is as stupid says.   Or something like that.   Watch the movie forrest gump and you'll know what I'm saying.    Ben, did your mom used to tell you life was like a box of chocolates too?

In any case, kabbalah is not for the ignorant, immature, unengaged and insincere to delve into.   If a person is a Shomer Shabbat Jew, he can then even think about looking into Kabbalah, but even then one should have a grasp of the basics of Judaism first.   And certainly kabbalah is not intended for non-Jews to study.

What I find amazing about ben's comment is that someone can dare reject something he has never even studied or looked into.  The height of the "Arrogance of ignorance."    Then again, let's consider the source.  This was also someone who thought the Jewish people died out for over 500 years.   Forever discredited to say anything about Judaism, Jewish history, or Jewish anything.

???
give me a scientific proof to the kabbalah

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 04:09:36 AM »

???
give me a scientific proof to the kabbalah

What does that mean?  Who said the kaballah was "science?"   
Biology is science.  Physics is a science.  Kaballah is something else and has to do with interpreting the Torah and spiritual worlds, but you obviously have not studied it so how can you speak about it?   It's like a plumber giving me value judgements of string theory.

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »
I'll tell you what I have heard/met as 'Kabbalah' before (one or two years):

- the title means "Introduction in Kabbalah - The Perception of Reality"

I've read in wikipedia that there are more kinds of Kabbalah, not only Jewish Kabbalah
"This article is about traditional Jewish Kabbalah. For other Kabbalistic traditions see Christian Kabbalah, Hermetic Qabalah, and Practical Kabbalah."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabalah) - do you know something about them?

I have also once watched these 2 videos from here:
http://karen.kabbalah.com/
which was as disgustful as hearing muslim imams explaining how Islam is the "true religion".

btw, watch this:
http://www.kabbalah.info/ro/intrebri-frecvente/natura-umana/292-human-nature
the text that is written below the video is the same as the subtitles of the videos.

the interactive faq is here:
http://www.questionyourreality.com/
- you can browse through topics

great kabbalists during history:
http://www.kabbalah.info/ro/istoria-cabalei/cabalisti-de-a-lungul-istoriei

here (http://www.kabbalah.info/eng/content/view/frame/2373?/eng/&main) it is written that
"The wisdom of Kabbalah is the most ancient of all wisdoms. It goes back to the time of Abraham the Patriarch, in the 18th century BC, 3800 years ago. Abraham the Patriarch was an ordinary Bedouin tribesman in Babylon, who discovered the existence of Godliness, a reality outside this world. He then wrote a book about it called Sefer Yetzira (The Book of Creation), which is actually the very first book about the wisdom of Kabbalah" - do you really believe that???

by the way, read the text from here:
http://www2.kabbalah.com/12.php

My conclusions:
Kabbalah teaches that God is a force subject to us, that people, using their minds and wishes, can do supernatural things (like splitting the water in two) - In other words, it teaches that men are gods.

So, what are your conclusions?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »

My conclusions:
Kabbalah teaches that G-d is a force subject to us, that people, using their minds and wishes, can do supernatural things (like splitting the water in two) - In other words, it teaches that men are gods.

So, what are your conclusions?

My conclusion is that you have been misled by charlatans, and you have no business studying Kabalah, but watching a few youtube videos cannot be considered "studying kabbalah."   So I would advise you to spend your time on other things.

Btw, "practical kabbalah" is completely forbidden by Judaism, whether it works or not.  One is forbidden to try.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:47 AM »
the interactive faq is here:
http://www.questionyourreality.com/
- you can browse through topics

Who is this guy?  Where is his kipa?  Where are his tzitzit?   This is phony nonsense.

The people who popularize kabbalah for the masses (and even for non-Jews) and especially those who are not Shomer Mitzvot Jews and popularize kabbalah are usually sex maniacs and egomaniacal nutcases and manipulators.

I read recently the "Kabbalah Center" is now embroiled in a sex scandal.  There is a reason for that.

Without supporting it on the Mitzvot and real Judaism (including the provisions of Jewish law), all so-called mystical "kabalah" is fraud.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 12:09:41 PM »
Zenith,

You have not studied any Kabbalah because nowhere does it say anything that Man is G-d... That is utterly ridiculous..

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 12:17:53 PM »
Zenith,

You have not studied any Kabbalah because nowhere does it say anything that Man is G-d... That is utterly ridiculous..

now do you see why we need science.you can be like god after a few years of scientifical development.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 12:19:53 PM »
Zenith,

now do you see why we need science.you can be like G-d after a few years of scientifical development.

Hissssssss

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 12:26:50 PM »
Quote from: muman613
Zenith,

that Kabbalah doesn't say that Man is G-d, but that men are gods. If by his own mind one splits the water in two I don't know what's the difference between a G-d and a man.

"As the Zohar makes clear, the purpose of the 72 Names is hidden in the story in which they are found. The Names are a tool to help humanity gain control over chaos by controlling physical nature. By their use of the 72 Names, the Israelites overcame the ego-based negativity of doubt and thus changed the nature of water until it no longer flowed. According to Kabbalah, humanity is destined to have control over physical nature; the only obstacle is our ego. Overcoming ego at its very foundation brings control of the physical world, and that is the purpose of the INSTRUMENT THAT IS THE 72 NAMES."
(http://www2.kabbalah.com/12.php)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:10 PM »
This is beginning to sound like "The Secret"!! :::D :::D :::D

http://thesecret.tv/

Quick, everyone here needs to make a "vision board"!!!  :::D :::D :::D

[please no one take that last bit seriously]

:'(
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 12:41:50 PM »
So after "a few years of scientifical development a man can create another universe?"

And I suppose he'll live long enough to see what the universe will be come like?
 :laugh: :::D

Zenith,

now do you see why we need science.you can be like G-d after a few years of scientifical development.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 12:44:50 PM »
So after "a few years of scientifical development a man can create another universe?"

And I suppose he'll live long enough to see what the universe will be come like?
 :laugh: :::D

Zenith,

you know.the whole series of experiment in the new particle acclerator is aimed at creating the enviroment of the big bang.a decade or two like that and we could create a mini universe the size of an electron.

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
Zenith,

Scientists (and especially atheists) say so. Evolutionists (especially atheists) say we will evolve into perfect being that would live in harmony and hapiness (because of their state of evolution), muslims say that they will rule the earth soon enough, others say that their religion or philosophy will prevail soon, etc.
However, you cannot know until it happens, if it will ever happen.
Leaving beside the wishes and the fantasies, it is impossible to know if one will do the things you fantasize.
That because you can't know all the laws of the universe, and by this, how much it can limit technology advancements.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 12:46:10 PM »
Kabbalah is not man trying to control G-d. It provides a means for understanding why things are the way they are. By understanding how Hashem interacts with this world we gain more understanding of him.

PS: You cannot accept everything that people are calling Kabbalah... The only site I have found which is good about Kabbalah is http://www.koshertorah.com . I also don't recommend everyone to learn this before they learn the basics of Judaism because Kabbalah is useless without understanding of Torah.

Offline Zenith

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:11 PM »
and, by the way...
maybe the earth will be hitted by an asteroid or something much earlier, so men would experience not much scientific development.

by the way, did you watch "Idiocracy"?

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2010, 12:49:20 PM »
and, by the way...
maybe the earth will be hitted by an asteroid or something much earlier, so men would experience not much scientific development.

by the way, did you watch "Idiocracy"?
yes i watched idiocracy.we could counter that with a simple genetical manipulation.that is why we need to invest in genetical reaserch.