Poll

Which of the following best describes Rabbi Meir Kahane?

A hero and warrior
Almost a prophet, if not one
A wonderful human being
Wish he were alive today
all of the above
None of the above :(
#1,3,and 4 but not #2 ::)

Author Topic: A poll on this forum's thoughts of Meir Kahane  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
A poll on this forum's thoughts of Meir Kahane
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:12:19 AM »
Ok it's cheesy, but yes..he's the best!!! I love listening to him speak posthumously...He is a hero of today's and yesterday's and the future Jews and righteous people.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: A poll on this forum's thoughts of Meir Kahane
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:17:09 AM »
Everyone will pick choice #5.

ok let's say if one person says something else... ::)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:19:28 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Allen-T

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 11:59:23 AM »
1,3,4. Biblically speaking it's my view God stopped working through prophets before the Rabbi was born. Warrior should have been on the list too. I love the recent video posted on YT where mid speech he walks over to a violent heckler and starts throwing punches!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 12:15:40 PM »
Yes warrior should be added
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 12:21:31 PM »
You made this poll too easy!  Everyone's going to vote for choice #5 because he was all of the above.  He was truly like a prophet who preached G-d's word and awakened so many clueless Jews to their true faith.  He was a hero who put the interests of other Jews before his and inculcated this Jewish value in many, the true spirit of Ahavat Yisroel!  He was a visionary who awakened Jews to the beliefs and desires of arab muslim nazis and the need to eject arabs from the land of Israel, decades before the threat manifested itself clearly to only some. (still!!)  I have so many good thoughts of him that I cannot even begin to describe them in words because they would not do him justice.  He is definitely one of the finest Jews the world has ever known, and is an example for all to follow.       
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:21:26 PM by JabotinskyDisciple »
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 12:38:24 PM »
1,3,4. Biblically speaking it's my view G-d stopped working through prophets before the Rabbi was born. 

That's judaism's view as well.

But as they say "in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king."

Rabbi Kahane was not a prophet.

But in a time where noone has common sense, a man with common sense looks like a prophet.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:43 PM »
Judeanoncapta i agree with your remark that in todays world he would have been to the liking of the prophet but i think its wrong to say he was almost one.
I wish he were alive today.

Allen-T

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 12:55:50 PM »
1,3,4. Biblically speaking it's my view G-d stopped working through prophets before the Rabbi was born. 

But in a time where noone has common sense, a man with common sense looks like a prophet.

Very well put. In Christian circles some of the nuttiest people with no common sense whatsoever are hailed as prophets. Be grateful those perceived by some as prophets in Judaism at least have something worthwhile to say regardless!! The world a false christian prophets is a creepy place.  :-[

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 12:57:23 PM »
A man once came on stage at an event i went to and said he was the messiah, he was serious.

Allen-T

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »
A man once came on stage at an event i went to and said he was the messiah, he was serious.

a "christian" event?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 03:05:40 PM »

I said he "almost was one" if not one...

When i say almost it means that he probably wasn't..but some might think he was... I think he was almost like one.

Allen-T

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 03:21:42 PM »

When i say almost it means that he probably wasn't..but some might think he was... I think he was almost like one.

Danny, a prophet is someone God uses specifically to speak things that carry the same weight as scripture. The reason the Bible can be trusted as infallible is because it's a prophetically complete. If prophets were functioning today it would automatically render the scripture unstable. So he cannot be a prophet. That said, truth is still being revealed from the pages of scripture and new awarenesses of what is there is something different. For example the prophet Daniel's prophecies were "sealed" until the time of the end. This is because world events needed to be in place before the prophecies could be understood. Those interpreting Daniel today are not prophets, but certain prophetic truths are just recently being understood.   

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 04:17:34 PM »
For the reasons Allen-T listed, HaRav Kahane couldn't technically have been a prophet, for all of the canon of Scripture is done being written (whether you mean Christian or Jewish scripture). But he was definitely a social prophet, and his teachings were certainly consistent with Tanach commandments on how to deal with enemy nations that sought to exterminate the Israelites.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »
Remember by the standards they judged Rabbi Kahane, Moses, Joshua, David, Samuel, and pretty much all of the prophets were racists and fascists.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 04:23:02 PM »
Great point.

ftf

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 06:08:32 PM »

a "christian" event?
Proabably a muslims event, Islamic leaders claim to be the messiah or mahdi as they call him every few years, a few months back there was one in iraq, he lead a group that murdered a few thousand other muslims before he was gunned down.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 06:12:12 PM »
a few months back there was one in iraq, he lead a group that murdered a few thousand other muslims before he was gunned down.
We need more Muslims like that. Actually, there's no shortage of Muslims like that. Take away the uniting issue of Israel and the west and most ragtops resort to butchering each other in Baalist orgies in no time flat.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 10:39:46 PM »

Danny, a prophet is someone G-d uses specifically to speak things that carry the same weight as scripture. The reason the Bible can be trusted as infallible is because it's a prophetically complete. If prophets were functioning today it would automatically render the scripture unstable. So he cannot be a prophet. That said, truth is still being revealed from the pages of scripture and new awarenesses of what is there is something different. For example the prophet Daniel's prophecies were "sealed" until the time of the end. This is because world events needed to be in place before the prophecies could be understood. Those interpreting Daniel today are not prophets, but certain prophetic truths are just recently being understood.   

valid point..I'll take it!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »

a "christian" event?
Proabably a muslims event, Islamic leaders claim to be the messiah or mahdi as they call him every few years, a few months back there was one in iraq, he lead a group that murdered a few thousand other muslims before he was gunned down.

Actually it was just a local event, with mixtures of religions.....but the guy was a shvartza, with an awfully long beard.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 12:14:18 PM »
I wish he were still alive today. I sometimes wonder if he could have been a strong enough voice to convince the FBI and CIA that there was a terrorist conpiracy of Islamic terrorism taking place here which might have prevented 9/11. It would have also been great if could have had an "Ask Rabbi Kahane" forum!