Author Topic: I bought today steaks at a Russian store  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I bought today steaks at a Russian store
« on: July 19, 2010, 01:07:31 PM »
Wow this are steaks! I have already roasted one. The price was only 4,50 pro kg. The pieces were gigantic. Every steak was over 1000 gramm!!!! The second one I have put in the freezer. I think from the first one I will eat only half if at all. The rest I will eat tomorrow.

The stores name was MixMarkt

I hardly got it into my great pan. It was from the neck of the cow.

It tastes nice. Tender, but not lean at all and with a great bone inside. As I ate it tastes like oxtail.  :::D :::D

Never got this kind of steaks somewere before. Perhaps it is a Russian speciality - Who knows.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
Re: I bought today steaks at a Russian store
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
Where do you live? Israel?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:16:04 PM »
He's in Germany. How many Russian stores are there in Germany, Ulli?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 08:26:29 PM »
He's in Germany. How many Russian stores are there in Germany, Ulli?

In Germany I don't know. But in my city are a few. The one were I bought is by far the greatest one. They have there some interesting products. So lemonade made from bread. No Joke.

From the steak I finished not even half.  :::D

It was 6cm thick.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 08:43:09 PM »
6cm
Wow! Is this beef imported from Russia?

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:09:29 PM »
6cm
Wow! Is this beef imported from Russia?

I went just to the kitchen to ckeck the cash register receipt. There I discovered, that I forgot to put the meat in the freezer.

Thank you Dr. Brennan Fan!  :)

But on the receipt is not where the meat is from.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 01:18:10 AM »
There I discovered, that I forgot to put the meat in the freezer.
:o :o :o

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 01:33:46 AM »
Yum steak... Only I cant eat it now... I should have just ignored this thread, but it smells so good...

:'(
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 05:03:14 AM »
Yum steak... Only I cant eat it now... I should have just ignored this thread, but it smells so good...

Muman, right now I am warming the rest of the steak up.

And I am drinking from the bread drink called Kwas. It is ice cold. Otherwise the bread taste is too strong.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 05:13:25 AM »

Why not?
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 05:15:35 AM »

Muman, right now I am warming the rest of the steak up.

And I am drinking from the bread drink called Kwas. It is ice cold. Otherwise the bread taste is too strong.
I heard of kwas what does it taste like
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 05:20:55 AM »
It tastes like gingerbread solved in water, a little bit lemon and  carbonic  acid added.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 05:23:11 AM »
It tastes like gingerbread solved in water, a little bit lemon and  carbonic  acid added.
sounds alright
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 05:30:22 AM »
The steak sounds like it was out of this world Ulli. I am almost tempted to skip normal breakfast and get one started now myself. I don't think I have anything as grand in my freezer as the one that you describe however I think I have a nice rack of ribs that seem to be calling my name  :::D . When it comes to meat I don't need much temptation... Did you use anything on the steak.... Onions, garlic, ginger? That drink however doesn't sound like something I would go for...It sounds sort of medicinal.   
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2010, 05:37:25 AM »
No CJD. I used only a little bit of salt and black pepper. Oil only a little bit, because the meat was unbelievable fatty for cow.

I will look for my camera, and when I roast the second one I will make some photos.

The drink is really strange, but I think if you used to it ... But it is not exactly my taste too. It comes in 2 liter bottles.

There are thousands of products like this in this store called MixMarkt. And it is cheap too.

No fear, I didn't work there  :::D

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2010, 05:47:28 AM »
The store does sound interesting... I could see where meat cut from the neck section of a cow would tend to be more on the fatty side... I myself don't seem to have good luck when cooking thick steaks like that they always end up over cooked or far to raw.  The steak you describe sounds like it might work well on a grill.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2010, 06:59:30 AM »
The store does sound interesting... I could see where meat cut from the neck section of a cow would tend to be more on the fatty side... I myself don't seem to have good luck when cooking thick steaks like that they always end up over cooked or far to raw.  The steak you describe sounds like it might work well on a grill.

The trick to cook steaks is to use medium heat and longer time. Than it will be usually fine. In the beginning of the cooking you need a little bit more heat than in the rest of the time in order to seal the surface of the meat.

This thick steak needed 30 minutes from each side.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 07:06:45 AM »
Every time you talk about food you always make it sound so good! :)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2010, 07:09:29 AM »

The trick to cook steaks is to use medium heat and longer time. Than it will be usually fine. In the beginning of the cooking you need a little bit more heat than in the rest of the time in order to seal the surface of the meat.

This thick steak needed 30 minutes from each side.

:clap:

Crank up the heat for a couple of minutes (depending on thickness) per side and then use medium-high indirect heat on the grill to finish it off. Once you have the total time needed (depending on thickness) down, you should be able to cook a perfect steak every time.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2010, 07:45:52 AM »
You guys are making me want to start the barbecue for breakfast.  :eat:.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2010, 04:35:25 AM »
Do you have the drink Ginger Ale in Germany ?i think it's like it a little

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2010, 04:36:56 AM »

Ginger ale is tasty. But the Kwas tastes different.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2010, 04:41:02 AM »

Ginger ale is tasty. But the Kwas tastes different.
yes i thought it was like Ginger ale

Shot at 2010-01-03