Author Topic: Anybody rack up over 200,000 miles on an American car?  (Read 3468 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Anybody rack up over 200,000 miles on an American car?
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
I am currently a little over 300,000 miles on my 1990's era Ford.

Best vehicle I ever owned.

let me guess: ford taurus.

That might be a good guess... And it might even have this engine...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Vulcan_engine

Have you guys seen the NEW FORD TAURUS? What do you think?
I just saw it today for the first time

I like the new ford taurus sho over 300hp twin turbos.
The new Ford Taurus is very nice... I like the interior more then I like the exterior...The car seems massive compared to prior models. The dash is sort of wrap around and  lower then the ones in most cars... Very sleek and very plush even in the basic model...The car is much more high end then in the past and the car looks like its price tag is going to be a great deal higher then before. I guess since Mercury is going away Taurus is going to be a higher end nameplate for Ford. They give very little problems and are very good in that respect like most of the Ford lineup has been for some time now.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 09:40:00 PM »
I am currently a little over 300,000 miles on my 1990's era Ford.

Best vehicle I ever owned.

CJD, how come they can't get that deep throaty sound from the exhaust dual exhaust pipes of the new 6cylinder mustang, with the 300 plus horse power it has?  You know, like the deep throaty sound that you get from a V8 dual exhaust.  I honestly don't think you can duplicate the sound, of the V8.  I wish they could though.  Becasue the 8 cylinders are a lot more money.

let me guess: ford taurus.

That might be a good guess... And it might even have this engine...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Vulcan_engine

Have you guys seen the NEW FORD TAURUS? What do you think?
I just saw it today for the first time

I like the new ford taurus sho over 300hp twin turbos.
The new Ford Taurus is very nice... I like the interior more then I like the exterior...The car seems massive compared to prior models. The dash is sort of wrap around and  lower then the ones in most cars... Very sleek and very plush even in the basic model...The car is much more high end then in the past and the car looks like its price tag is going to be a great deal higher then before. I guess since Mercury is going away Taurus is going to be a higher end nameplate for Ford. They give very little problems and are very good in that respect like most of the Ford lineup has been for some time now.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 09:41:20 PM »
CJD, how come they can't get that deep throaty sound from the  dual exhaust pipes of the new 6cylinder mustang, with the 300 plus horse power it has?  You know, like the deep throaty sound that you get from a V8 dual exhaust mustang .  I honestly don't think you can duplicate the sound, of the V8.  I wish they could though.  Becasue the 8 cylinders are a lot more money.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 07:34:05 PM »
CJD, how come they can't get that deep throaty sound from the  dual exhaust pipes of the new 6cylinder mustang, with the 300 plus horse power it has?  You know, like the deep throaty sound that you get from a V8 dual exhaust mustang .  I honestly don't think you can duplicate the sound, of the V8.  I wish they could though.  Becasue the 8 cylinders are a lot more money.

The extra cylinders, larger displacement and bigger exhaust components  make for a better sound...Also the 8 is a 4 valve 4 cam engine. The 6 is a 2 valve 2 cam engine which would make for a difference right there.  Last year I had access to some Shelby Mustangs and when one of them are started you did not have to see it to know what was running...The thing would vibrate everything around it. I think the sound of the 6 is just more tame by design...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »

People used to curse Kia, hyundai, and daewoo.
I think the only surviving daewoo is what became the chevy aveo.
I think its called the kia soul. If kia continues to improve, I may see about the soul.
I was also looking at the Ford flex. You can shove 7 people in there. I think its in the same league as the mazada microvan 5  or something.

For me the Kia is great. I have one that is a bit older 1995 and low milage. I would buy a new KIA in a second they are great. I go Asian before I go American. Even with the fact that i have an older car I still get 30 MPG and some tanks 31 it's great my last car got me only 15-16
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh