Author Topic: IDF being 'sensitive' to Muslims during Ramadamn  (Read 1125 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
IDF being 'sensitive' to Muslims during Ramadamn
« on: August 10, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
This news inflames my spleen {H.T. Rabbi Singer}.... The IDF this year will show sensitivity to the Muslim population by refraining from eating, drinking, or smoking in front of the animals, I mean arabs... I don't think the IDF even refrains from eating or drinking during the fast of Yom Kippur {1 day}.... Why does the IDF show respect for this foreign invading religion? Why doesn't it even observe the fast of the High Holiday? What has happened to the 'Jewish State'? Have I just been dreaming all these years with the belief that there exists a Jewish state in this world? How can the IDF observe a foreign religions holiday? This kind of news makes me sick...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139051

Ramadan: Soldiers Told Not to Eat or Smoke in Front of Arabs
Av 30, 5770, 10 August 10 10:45
by Gil Ronen

(Israelnationalnews.com) Instructions issued by the IDF for the Muslim month of Ramadan forbid soldiers from eating, drinking or smoking in front of the Arabs of Judea and Samaria. A statement issued by the IDF Spokesman said that as the Muslim holiday approaches, representatives of the Civilian Administration "briefed the forces operating in the field about the holidays and customs of Ramadan.”

"The soldiers were instructed to show greater consideration toward the residents, and to refrain as much as possible from eating, drinking and smoking in public in front of the population, especially at the crossing points, and to be alert and accommodating.”

Devout Muslims refrain from eating, drinking or smoking during the daytime hours of Ramadan.

Several checkpoints will operate until later hours because of Ramadan. In addition, first-degree relatives of Arabs living in pre-1967 Israel will be allowed to visit them for a one-week period during the month of Ramadan.

Two hundred entry permits for foreigners from Arab countries will be issued for “humanitarian cases.”

The grassroots Samaria Residents' Council was not happy with the instructions issued to the soldiers. “It is sad to see how the Minister of Defense shows such grand consideration for the Muslim faith, and at the same time sends IDF soldiers and Border Police to tear down synagogues, beat up rabbis of communities, issue demolition orders for yeshivas and drag Jewish youths by their earlocks.”

The Council asks: “Is he Ehud Barak or Ahmed Barak?”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
Re: IDF being 'sensitive' to Muslims during Ramadamn
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 04:55:26 PM »
one word... PATHETIC!

i'm convinced ehud barak is having a gay affair with a muslim arab!  He looks like a fagale

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 05:02:17 PM »
That's right, forget the past, including the Yom Kippor War!!!!! >:(

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:48 PM »
THIS IS DISGUSTING.
I think Israel can be taken over if any more appeasement continues.

It certainly does not help with AmeriKa allowing a mosque on G. Zero.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »
OK, this is absolute BS. those A-holes attacked us on our most sensitive holiday in '73, why the heck should we respect their's? if anything, we should be doing more during Ramadan!!

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »
Vexation.  >:(
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:59 PM »
I think the IDF soldiers should carry around pork chops for defensive purposes.  Also, they should use boars for sniffing bombs.  I hear those animals have a great sense of smell.  Maybe the boars can make a meal out of the fakestinian terrorists.