Author Topic: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (08/16)  (Read 2504 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (08/16)
« on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
בס''ד

www.jtf.org/c.mp3

http://www.4shared.com/audio/9mDPukXF/_67__.html

The program was 2 hours and 22 minutes this week.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (08/16)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 05:08:17 AM »
Thanks for answering my question Chaim, and for the rest of your great program.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 06:01:03 AM »
Thanks for another great program, Chaim!!! I enjoyed it as always!!!!

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 09:17:28 AM »
Thank you so much for an outstanding job as always, Chaim.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 09:32:15 AM »
Shkoyach

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »
Did anyone else have a problem with the audio at around 38-39 minutes into the program?

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 03:21:57 PM »
Did anyone else have a problem with the audio at around 38-39 minutes into the program?

I did. Other than that, it was a great program as always.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »

בס''ד

This is really frustrating. I apologize for the problem.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
 Question:

Does Real PLayer not play MP3s??

Normally I listen to this on Real Player, but I notice most times ASK JTF is an MP2 file.  anyone know how to help me?  Thanks

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 06:47:39 PM »

בס''ד

This is really frustrating. I apologize for the problem.

No problem.  Luckily it only lasted a very short time.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »
"anyone know how to help me?  Thanks"

Try this:

- Note:  If you have a firewall program that stands alone, you first need to set it to it's "training mode" or whatever it calls the mode where it learns new programs rules" (or you might have to turn it off while you reset your player).

-Then close any open browser or other files or programs.

Then,
1) Open Real Player.

2) Click on "Preferences" usually on the upper tool bar.

3) Then, usually on the 'media' section under preferences, it usually says something like "make Real Player my default player for the following file types:"

4) Easiest to click "select all".
5) Then click "APPLY".
6) Then click "OK".
7) Then close the program and browser and restart your computer and you should be ready.

NOTE: *You can always repeat this same pattern on most all media players, etc. and you can always change your preferences any time you choose to do so on any of your players.
However, best to avoid conflicting programs and always choose one player or the other for sound files.

Good Luck!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »
No Massa, it says that Real player does not have the software available to play this content, that is only if I save it first. I can open the link and it will play, but not if I save it to my hard drive and then try and play it.  Normally ask jtf is an mp2

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 07:24:56 PM »
Do you have Windows Media Player?

If so, open preference on it and try to play the file, and see if you have the ability on the program to "Save this file as a .WAV file.
If so, saving it as a wave file will enable you to burn CD's with it, as well as transcode it into any other type of file format from the .wav.
And if you need a good program to transcode audio files from one format to another, then let me know and I can recommend a few to you.  Some have a one time cost but the license is for life and they're not very expensive.  Some are FREE!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 07:39:19 PM »
Thanks Massa, I give up.  I cant get it to play

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »
You can download AUDACITY for free.  http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/features

I definitely recommend TOTAL RECORDER Standard Edition costs but not too much. http://www.totalrecorder.com/faq_tr.htm#16

dBPoweramp (others might be better than this overall but it's great for transcoding all types of files)  http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-power-register.htm

Then there's always the famous WINAMP.

KRISTAL AUDIO ENGINE is free and a real powerhouse of a home recording studio right on your desktop - might be too much but it's free!  http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index.php?section=help

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 07:59:39 PM »
p.s. -- try QUICKTIME PLAYER

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »
Massa,

But do you know why real player or my itunes wouldnt work with this recording. 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 09:19:27 PM »
Chaim,    thanks for another very informative and interesting program.    And for re-doing the first 30 + minutes of the program.

Of all the questions I asked on "  Ask JTF"   in the last 2 1/2 years,   your answer regarding Sharron Angle surprised me more than the answers you gave to any of my other questions in this time span.     At worst,   I thought you were going to mention that she's an establishment candidate,   despite her ties to the Tea Party Movement.       I'm glad I asked your opinion of her,   because I wasn't aware of her history with Scientology.    Sharron Angle's campaign sent a number of letters to my home address the last two months,   asking for contributions  ( Thankfully,   I never gave her any money ).     After hearing your input,   I decided to unsubscribe to her official ZooTube Channel.    And I won't be supporting her in any way.     I regret not supporting Sue Lowden during the primary process.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 10:25:02 PM »
Re:  "do you know why real player or my itunes wouldnt work with this recording. "

Deeeeeemmmmmooooonnnnnsssssss?

What's up with that mp2? 

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp2.htm

MP2 is a lossy audio codec, meaning that audio quality is lost during encoding. It has found its place in professional broadcast applications as well as VCD video CDs. Using a higher bitrate will minimize the effects of the compression, the higher the bitrate the better the quality. 256kbps is generally accepted as a bitrate at which the quality is "good" and is used for many broadcast applications. 384kbps is considered to be "high quality" and is also used for broadcast and audio archiving applications. Video CDs use a bitrate of 224kbps.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »
Massa,

I dont understand.  I followed your the steps you outlined and everything is checked off and clicked as it should be.  Real Player says that it plays MP3, but it's not playing.  Very frustrating. And why can't I get it to play on Itunes??  I dont understand.  I'm not good with computers and this is really frustrating.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 10:45:20 PM »
Perhaps your programs are causing the file to be corrupted in some way when you download it to your hard drive.

Maybe it is an mp2 or mp3, but your hard drive is transcoding it upon download into a format incompatible with Real Player.

Another possibility:  you might not have the very latest updated Real Player program on your computer able to handle all types of formats.

" ------ I have in the past sometimes downloaded from share sites and then clicked the file to play and gotten silence.  So I "right clicked" the file and then clicked "properties" only to see that the number of minutes of the recording was reading 0.00 which of course means that only the name of the file was downloaded for some reason.  Happens every now and then...see if that's not the problem...it could be the fault of the site where the file was originally uploaded.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 10:51:13 PM »
If I right click on Chaim's link, and click open in new window, then it loads and plays, but if I right click and click 'save as' it does save it but then does not recognize it when I go to open it (after it is saved).  I have an archive of JTF on my computer for easy listening.  And If I do open it and it plays, I can't then save it from Real Player, I tried.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2010, 03:33:45 AM »
JTFE, VLC player which is free and light should play ask jtf. But The file is mp3... at least it appears so when I download it.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 04:41:55 PM »
where do I get VLC?  What does it stand for?

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 05:14:07 PM »
VLC is a great player. It plays a lot of movies and audio