Author Topic: Pantera - Metal Magic  (Read 868 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Pantera - Metal Magic
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:20:16 PM »
Funny thing

This is what Pantera played before Phil Alensmo joined.  They were pretty much a glam band back then:

Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Pantera - Metal Magic
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 08:14:24 PM »
Good to see another JTF metalhead. I like, or have liked, material from Slipknot, Killswitch, Demon Hunter, ICP, Mushroomhead, Autumn to Ashes, Lamb of G-d, Poison the Well, Slayer, In Flames, and many others.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 08:17:37 PM »
Metal  :yuck:

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 08:24:10 PM »
Is there not a lot of patriotic Israeli heavy metal?

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 08:27:18 PM »
Is there not a lot of patriotic Israeli heavy metal?

Yes, my friend founded a heavy metal band called Golgolot.
But I still hate this kind of music - I only like Mizrahit.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 08:41:05 PM »
Yeah the Golgolot singer, HEBREWHONOR, used to post here, right?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:46:48 PM »
Good to see another JTF metalhead. I like, or have liked, material from Slipknot, Killswitch, Demon Hunter, ICP, Mushroomhead, Autumn to Ashes, Lamb of G-d, Poison the Well, Slayer, In Flames, and many others.

In Flames is good [their newer stuff is not as good as their older stuff like "Colony" and "Whoracle" but I still like them].  I like Meshuggah ["Destroy, Erase, Improve" is one of my favorite albums of any music I listen to... all their stuff is pretty interesting... poly-rhythm maniacs], Strapping Young Lad [all of their work is always top notch, an example other bands should strive for], Fear Factory [only mid-older stuff, "Digimortal", "Demanufacture"]...  sometimes Soilwork [a bit poppy for my taste but they have a few good tunes].  Meshuggah is a Yiddish word but I don' think there are any Jews in their band!

My "guilty pleasure" metal bands are, Stratovarius, HammerFall, and Avenged Sevenfold [A7 = total radio cheeze].  When I worked as a recording engineer I used to put on Stratovarius or HammerFall to annoy clients if they were younger kids in punk bands whose parents paid for the sessions.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:37:27 PM »
I saw Pantera play a show with Metallica in the early 90s... I believe I saw the show at Dominguez Hills...

I love the Israeli Heavy Metal band Amaseffer and their Slaves for Life album which is about the Exodus...

The Burning Bush:
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 05:08:02 AM »

I used to listen to some "metal" in a broad sense (Metallica, Rammstein, Megadeth, Slayer, Sepultura...) because I like powerful sound but I stopped listening to most of these bands because I don't like their lyrics.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:11 AM »
Did you understand Rammstein's lyrics?

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 10:12:08 AM »
Did you understand Rammstein's lyrics?

No, I didn't. I liked their sound and music.
Why, are they particularly awful ?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2010, 11:01:32 AM »
Rammstein are German and they are very anti-religious, so more likely than not they have Nazi sympathies, although I have not heard of them having any actual Nazi lyrics.

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »
I saw Pantera play a show with Metallica in the early 90s... I believe I saw the show at Dominguez Hills...

I love the Israeli Heavy Metal band Amaseffer and their Slaves for Life album which is about the Exodus...

The Burning Bush:

I liked this band's material, thanks for putting me onto them!  Where can I purchase their album?

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010, 04:11:05 AM »
Rammstein are German and they are very anti-religious, so more likely than not they have Nazi sympathies, although I have not heard of them having any actual Nazi lyrics.

Not that it matters much, but I wasn't completely honest when I said I didn't understand the lyrics because I actually know some German. The truth is I realized I was not exactly comfortable with some of the lyrics, but I did not try to know more because I must confess I really liked the music.

HOWEVER, had I found out anything Nazi in their lyrics, I would immediately have stopped listening to them, there is no question about that. Anything Nazi triggers unconditional and absolute hostility in me. I would go to Hell if that allowed me to shoot Nazis.

As far as I know, there is nothing Nazi in Rammstein's lyrics, nor have I ever heard of Nazi sympathies of them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2010, 06:12:01 AM »
Not that it matters much, but I wasn't completely honest when I said I didn't understand the lyrics because I actually know some German. The truth is I realized I was not exactly comfortable with some of the lyrics, but I did not try to know more because I must confess I really liked the music.

HOWEVER, had I found out anything Nazi in their lyrics, I would immediately have stopped listening to them, there is no question about that. Anything Nazi triggers unconditional and absolute hostility in me. I would go to Hell if that allowed me to shoot Nazis.

As far as I know, there is nothing Nazi in Rammstein's lyrics, nor have I ever heard of Nazi sympathies of them.
I said more likely than not, not that I could prove that they are. Actually I don't know them very well at all.