Author Topic: Piratebay down, police raids across Europe  (Read 8160 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Piratebay down, police raids across Europe
« on: September 07, 2010, 07:16:47 AM »
http://www.thinq.co.uk/2010/9/7/pirate-bay-down-police-swoop-across-europe/

UPDATE, 14:02 GMT: Pirate Bay site now back online in UK, though torrent trackers appear not to be working. Further news as soon as it's available.

Torrent-tracking site The Pirate Bay is currently unavailable as reports come in of co-ordinated police raids against file sharers across Europe.

Police in up to 14 countries carried out raids against suspected file-sharing servers this morning.

According to file-sharing news site TorrentFreak, the bulk of police action seems to have taken place in Sweden.

Swedish Internet service provider ISP, which hosts both The Pirate Bay and whistle-blowing site WikiLeaks, earlier denied rumours of a police raid, saying that officers had visited them to ask questions over two suspect IP addresses, and that no computers or other goods had been seized.

Swedish Prosecutor Frederick Ingblad confirmed to Swedish newspaper Expressen that WikiLeaks was not involved in the current action.

"At 9:00 this morning, five policemen were here," PRQ director Mikael Viberg said. "They were interested in who was using two IP addresses from 2009 and onwards.

"We have no records of our clients but we're handing over the e-mail addresses for those behind the IPs. However, it's rare that our clients have mail addresses that are traceable."

It appears that a number of other locations in Sweden have been the subject of police action, including Stockholm, Malmö, Umeå university and Eskilstuna.

Four individuals are said to be being questioned on suspicion of breaching copyright law. Servers and computers are reported to have been seized.

Simultaneous raids are also said to have been carried out in The Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Germany, Great Britain, the Czech Republic and Hungary.

The action, targeting the so-called 'Warez Scene', is said to have been in planning for two years, and is believed to have taken place at the request of Belgian authorities.

We'll keep you updated as further details emerge.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Piratebay down, police raids across Europe
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 07:21:27 AM »
What can I say, the multinational recording industry has almost as much money as the oil sheiks.  :o ::)

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:41:03 AM »

The recording industry can go to hell. I certainly don't want that junk they produce.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 01:31:30 PM »
I hope that they'll be able to come back up and functional soon. It's really disgusting how multinational corporations use their profits to do evil things. I don't see anything wrong in making them a bit less profitable. Especially when most of their films have evil content that you wouldn't want to support. Sometimes you don't realize how morally bad a movie is until you've already paid for it.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 01:53:19 PM »
I thought Piratebay moved its servers offshore. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 02:02:35 PM »
Theft is Theft no matter how you rationalize it...

I am 100% against theft of movies software or any other WAREZ these criminals are involved in...

I am ashamed that many here consider stealing to be acceptable. If you don't like the movies don't watch them, but why would you steal them if you don't like the content very much? You are fooling only yourself if you think that you are not involved with the sin of theft when you copy movies and software... Anyone who is involved with trafficking in stolen property should do time in prison.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 02:04:20 PM »

The recording industry can go to hell. I certainly don't want that junk they produce.

Then why would you care that piratesbay is down? Only those who are involved with theft of property would be concerned...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »

(seizure warning) lol

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 02:37:43 PM »

Then why would you care that piratesbay is down? Only those who are involved with theft of property would be concerned...

I didn't say anything about piratebay.
I said the recording ind. is crap.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 08:51:10 PM »

I am 100% against theft of movies software or any other WAREZ these criminals are involved in...

I am ashamed that many here consider stealing to be acceptable. If you don't like the movies don't watch them, but why would you steal them if you don't like the content very much? You are fooling only yourself if you think that you are not involved with the sin of theft when you copy movies and software... Anyone who is involved with trafficking in stolen property should do time in prison.

I hardly consider a kid clicking the download button for the latest spiderman movie as serious as someone who was involved in murder, rape, or breaking into a persons home.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 10:01:51 PM »

I hardly consider a kid clicking the download button for the latest spiderman movie as serious as someone who was involved in murder, rape, or breaking into a persons home.

A Jew looks at the Ten Sayings {Asirat HaDibrot} and says that he keeps the mitzvot not because it is right or wrong, but because the Torah instructs us to.

One lesson to learn from the story of Noach and the Ark is that one of the primary reasons the world was destroyed was because of the rampant theft which the generation engaged in. People would not steal valuable things, many people would steal low-value things. Because of this wickedness Hashem decided to wipe all animal life off the planet, except for those which Noach took with him on board the Tevah.

http://www.thirdtemple.com/NoahsLaws.html
Do not steal

Theft is the broadest category with the most intricacy of all Seven Laws. The prohibition of theft is equally applicable to men and women in every aspect, detail and category. Theft is punishable regardless of whether the act was secretive or public. The courts will deal with revealed, known lawbreakers. Secretive theft will ultimately be punished by the Hand of Heaven. Stealing includes any amount of money or material goods, large or small, even the insignificant. Intellectual property such as music, books, formulas, programs and photographs is owned by the copyright, trademark or patent holder. Kidnapping is a form of theft as is rape or seduction. False weights and measures, overcharging, misrepresentation and lying are all forms of stealing. A dispute or the injuring of another person carries a liability that must be paid. Trespassing is a form of theft as well as the moving of landmarks on property. The withholding of wages that come due to a worker according to agreed upon terms is a form of theft as well as the failure to return a borrowed object. Dealing in stolen property falls into this category. An insidious form of theft is pollution and environmental destruction as well as quality of life issues. This includes the damaging of air, water, sight (offensive eyesores) and sound (decibel increases). Toxic chemical and/or radioactive level increases in the environment is a form of theft and may lead to the killing and/or damaging the health and well-being of the resident population.

http://www.shemayisrael.com/Parasha/kahn/archives/noach67.htm
Corrupt behaviour

Besides continuing to further develop idol worship, these ten generations fell further and further into immorality and dishonesty. There was neither respect for other people's wives or for their possessions. As it says in the beginning of this week's Torah portion (Bereishis 6:11): "And the Earth had become corrupt before G'd and the Earth became full of robbery." Earlier it says, (Bereishis 6:2): "And the sons of the rulers saw the daughters of man that they were good [looking], and they took for themselves wives from whoever they chose." Rashi quotes the Midrash Rabba (26:5) that this refers to the conduct of the sons of the princes and the judges who abused their power and even snatched away young brides when they were all dressed up on the way to their weddings. Rashi further explains that their level of indecent behaviour was to such an extent that they would not refrain from taking other people's wives as partners. The Midrash (ibid 26:9) says that they even made official marriage contracts not only between the same gender, but even between humans and animals. In similar ways, they would steal and rob from each other, thus undermining the whole basis of a lawful society. At this point, G'd decided that mankind had lost its right to continue to exist. As it says, (Bereishis 6:12-13): "And G'd saw the Earth, and behold it had become corrupted, for all flesh had corrupted its way upon the Earth. And G'd said to Noah, 'The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the Earth has become filled with robbery …'"

One more:

http://www.ou.org/torah/tt/5765/balak65/print.htm

As a consequence of this perversion of monotheism, mankind became debased physically, spiritually and morally. "The Torah (5:1-3) says of Seth and of Enosh that they were created in the likeness of Adam, who was created like the image of G-d, whereas of the following generation there is no such reference. In the days of Enosh, the mountains became rocky [Adam and Chava had disturbed the natural equilibrium that existed in nature, so nature became an adversary that had to battled against] and men had the appearance of monkeys and became wild horsemen [actually the phrase used was centaurs, half horse and half man, to denote their fierceness; uncivilized and warlike, replacing the peace of Eden]. Disease appeared in the world [Adam was created in Divine Wisdom, perfect in every way, now after Enosh by their idolatry they caused the environment to become impure and hazardous to their health; that was expressed in the gradual shortening of human lives. This comment by Ramban, Abarbanel and Radak offers a different view than the one often held that their years were measured differently than ours]. Rabbi Yitzchak taught that they who started to do harm to themselves by becoming idolaters, thus demeaning their humanity, ended up in worshiping and subjecting themselves to the strong and powerful men [The real source of moral democracy and freedom lies not in the elitist Greek cities, but in the Torah which sees all human beings as created in His image]" (B'reishit Rabba 23:6).

The teaching that idolatry must lead to oppression and immorality is the basis for understanding of what the generations leading to the Flood, were guilty. "Chazal teach us that the decree against that generation was only sealed when they indulged in theft. This is difficult to understand since we know that they were guilty of the three major sins - idolatry, sexual immorality and murder. However, when there is theft, the whole fabric of society begins to unravel and the other sins follow" (Shem MiShmuel). " The sons of the godly race saw the daughters of men, that they were faitr and they took themselves wives from wherever they chose" (B'reishit6:2). "The pious sons of Seth did not look from where the women were descended - the degenerate Cainites - and did not consider the types of mothers they would make for their children; therein lay their sin" (Rabbi S. R. Hirsch). The sons of the judges and the rulers, often called EloKim in the Tanach, who abused their power and their status and took these women by force (Ramban). Alternatively, the generations indulged in casual sex (Abarbanel).

There is a fascinating insight in the Midrash that sounds as though it was written today. When there had only been a few people on earth, there was plenty of space, water, land and natural resources for everyone. However, when the population multiplied, everybody became concerned that their quality of life would decline and that the resultant scarce resources would not suffice to support them all. Furthermore, as a result, inferior species would develop among the plants, the animals and the birds. So they legislated that only superior specimens could mate and in order to keep down general population growth they sought out non-procreative sex like homosexuality and bestiality thus perverting the whole creation. Then they started to steal from each other and when anyone opposed the thieves they simply killed them; idolatry, sexual immorality and bloodshed.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:46:21 PM by muman613 »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 05:37:27 AM »
Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho,
thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her Bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers
where we will we'll roam.

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

Some men have died
and some are alive
and others sail on the sea
– with the keys to the cage...
and the Devil to pay
we lay to Fiddler's Green!

The bell has been raised
from it's watery grave...
Do you hear it's sepulchral tone?
We are a call to all,
pay heed the squall
and turn your sail toward home!

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
never shall we die.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 05:39:01 AM »
Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
Heave ho,
thieves and beggars,
never shall we die.

The king and his men
stole the queen from her bed
and bound her in her Bones.
The seas be ours
and by the powers
where we will we'll roam.

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
never shall we die.

Some men have died
and some are alive
and others sail on the sea
– with the keys to the cage...
and the Devil to pay
we lay to Fiddler's Green!

The bell has been raised
from it's watery grave...
Do you hear it's sepulchral tone?
We are a call to all,
pay heed the squall
and turn your sail toward home!

Yo, ho, haul together,
hoist the colors high.
never shall we die.

Hate that movie

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 05:39:41 AM »
The first one was the best. I did like the first one.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:07 AM »

You remind me of Elizabeth

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:55 AM »

You remind me of Elizabeth

Is that good or bad?  ;D

I promise I wouldn't set the rum on fire.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 05:41:20 AM »
Sorry I meant Lord Beckett

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 05:45:15 AM »

lol I'm not some gay guy  :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 05:46:41 AM »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 05:48:46 AM »

He be British cracka no?

I think almost every main character in that film is supposed to be.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 05:52:23 AM »

He be British cracka no?

I think almost every main character in that film is supposed to be.

what about Jack?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:14 AM »
Yeah he's not actually working as a privateer though, he's just an independent pirate. There's a big dose of fantasy in all three films though, to show the stereotypical pirates. It's not really meant to be realistic in any way.

This is one of my favorite fan vids:
  :::D

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 05:58:03 AM »
I don't watch Disney movies anymore and don't listen to German music but I suppose it's funny because Brits know how to kick each other's a**es.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 06:02:24 AM »
I don't watch Disney movies anymore and don't listen to German music but I suppose it's funny because Brits know how to kick each other's a**es.

I haven't seen too many British movies, but I have watched some of their tv shows like Keeping Up Appearances, which is hilarious. Britain made some good animal cartoons like Animals of Farthing Wood (for kids) and The Plague Dogs (for adults, about two escaped dogs from a lab). I always saw them as a friend of the USA so I don't see them unfavorably, but it won't stay that way for long if they allow the Muslims to take over.

I don't like what they have done in much of their history either.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 06:05:15 AM »
Don't you feel guilt towards your fellow Americans who were oppressed and killed by them?