Author Topic: Which politician in their right mind can support Koran burning?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
Which politician in their right mind can support Koran burning?
« on: September 09, 2010, 03:33:32 PM »
To support the Koran burning, would mean political suicide for any mainstream politician.  Even if they would agree with it, they can't say anything.  However, on the other hand, they don't necessarily need to come out against it.  They should just simply remain silent on the issue until some reporter asks them about it. 

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Which politician in their right mind can support Koran burning?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »
True, as you can see in today's environment the media will claim you are worse than Hitler + bin Laden combined if you even consider burning a koran. Just look at how this poor minister is getting attacked.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:06:53 PM »
There's no reason for burning a Koran other than cause drama. That pastor who wanted to do it is an idiot. What person in their right mind goes "Hey maybe today I'll burn a Koran?"

Seriously.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 05:54:28 PM »
I don't agree with the burning because I think it's unnecessary and will profit nothing, besides the fact that the arguments given by that minister are quite intolerant and could be backfire on Jews. He said that non-Christian books lead people to hell.
BUT... i have just heard a Muslim cleric on a local channel saying that Koran burning is madness because "one must not burn the word of G-d". Behind his apparent moderate and peacefull speech, that single sentece hides an intromision on private concience. It just implies that not only burning the Koran but also refusing to believe in it is an attack. We must be extremely careful about many Muslims. Behind their victims role is usually a hidden attempt to conquer the world. He also said "It would be just like burning a Bible or a Torah, burning a Divine revelation". Another hypocrite statement, since Muslims DO NOT believe in the Bible or the Torah as Divine revelation! (Muslims DO believe in many prophets of the Tanach and the Bible but they are not bound to believe in the actual text. There is a Muslim belief that Jews altered the Torah. Some interpret it literarily. Others understand that Jews have "altered" the Torah by not keeping it, but not by changing the text. But anyway, both opinions are allowed to them, and so they are not bound by their faith to believe in the Torah text. So he was an hypocrite by stating that he believes in it).
Also, a journalist here said that burning the Koran would threaten world peace. Let's see. What do Jews and Christians do when their faith is attacked or when a blasphemy or desecration occurs? They fast! Jews fast on Av 9th to mourn for the Temple, they don't attack Rome! Catholic fast or offer a reparation mass when they hear a blasphemy. They don't attack the blasphemer, let alone the world! If this can threaten peace, it only shows how violent and uncivilised many Muslims are!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 06:00:28 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
re:  "True, as you can see in today's environment the media will claim you are worse than Hitler + bin Laden combined if you even consider burning a koran. Just look at how this poor minister is getting attacked. "

I guess folks in Texas will just have to go back to dragging a schwartze wrapped in chains through the woods with their pickup truck for entertainment!     :o

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 08:21:24 PM »
This whole scenario shows how we are down the path to an inevitable world conflict between non-muslims and muslims. No matter how much these leftist animals in the media tell us muslims are good people their inhumanity makes them incapable of living on the same planet as the rest of us. Is the entire muslim world going to change and give up their nazi faith? They won't.

I will say, if this pastor simply wanted to make a scene he has effectively beaten the Obama administration in a game of poker. They've given him all that he wants and then some. It really shows how stupid and idiotic Obama and friends are. How can they run American foreign policy when they can't even deal effectively with a single pastor?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 08:26:31 PM by The Coon »
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 08:39:14 PM »
I am of the mind that, "if you can't say something nice about the "B.B.Q.uran", don't say anything at all."  ;D

One should certainly not say anything that Muslims can perceive as kowtowing to their threats of violence, and that goes double for the violence that has already occurred.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:34 AM »
There's no reason for burning a Koran other than cause drama. That pastor who wanted to do it is an idiot. What person in their right mind goes "Hey maybe today I'll burn a Koran?"

Seriously.

There's no reason to kill thousands of people in a vicious, unprovoked attack. The reason for burning the Qu'ran is to draw atttention to the fact that Islam is a hateful religion based around a hateful book (the Qu'ran). The hadiths are also bad, maybe they should burn them too.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 05:26:58 AM »

Seriously.

There's no reason to kill thousands of people in a vicious, unprovoked attack. The reason for burning the Qu'ran is to draw atttention to the fact that Islam is a hateful religion based around a hateful book (the Qu'ran). The hadiths are also bad, maybe they should burn them too.

But does he want to burn it just because it's a violent book? This reason he gave is quite disturbing. What's left for Jewish and Noahide material?

One

The Koran teaches that Jesus Christ, the Crucified, Risen Son of G-d, King of Kings and Lord of Lords was NOT the Son of G-d, nor was he crucified (a well documented historical fact that ONLY Islam denies). This teaching removes the possibility of salvation and eternal life in heaven for all Islam's believers. They face eternal damnation in hell if they do not repent.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 06:00:14 AM »
He's not about to start burning the Jewish Bible because technically he's supposed to believe in that too. If he starts wanting to burn the Talmud or other Jewish books I'd say that's motivated by anti-Semitism. Jews aren't the ones murdering people. However he hasn't come out against anything Jewish so for now I am supporting him.

What he said makes sense in context. The context is that Islam is trying to replace Christianity in the USA with Islam. Therefore this is a stance against that replacement.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 06:10:25 AM »
He's not about to start burning the Jewish Bible because technically he's supposed to believe in that too. If he starts wanting to burn the Talmud or other Jewish books I'd say that's motivated by anti-Semitism. Jews aren't the ones murdering people. However he hasn't come out against anything Jewish so for now I am supporting him.

What he said makes sense in context. The context is that Islam is trying to replace Christianity in the USA with Islam. Therefore this is a stance against that replacement.

Pointing out that Islam is different from Christianity is right because many Muslims try to mislead Christians into believing that the two faiths are similar or believe nearly the same. But stating that ONLY Islam disagrees with Christianity and that every non-Christian goes to Hell, in the context of explaining his reason to burn a book, sounds quite offensive to Judaism and Noahidism.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2010, 06:24:38 AM »
In the USA it's primarily a conflict between Islam and Christianity.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 06:39:42 AM »

But consider this situation. What about a Jew burning a Koran in Israel and explaining: "Islam believes in two prohets outside the Tanach. It also rejects the hope in the coming of the Moshiach. So it's condemning people to error and its book must be burnt"? Even if the problem would be only with Islam, a Christian would be offended.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2010, 06:42:48 AM »

But consider this situation. What about a Jew burning a Koran in Israel and explaining: "Islam believes in two prohets outside the Tanach. It also rejects the hope in the coming of the Moshiach. So it's condemning people to error and its book must be burnt"? Even if the problem would be only with Islam, a Christian would be offended.

That wouldn't offend me because over there the conflict is primarily between Judaism and Islam (there are some Arab "Christians" but they are very Muslim-supporting and I think that makes them evil.) Muslims need to be made to feel unwelcome in Israel.

The Muslims there feel so welcome right now they want to take a piece of Israel and call it their own.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:30 AM »
That wouldn't offend me because over there the conflict is primarily between Judaism and Islam (there are some Arab "Christians" but they are very Muslim-supporting and I think that makes them evil.) Muslims need to be made to feel unwelcome in Israel.

The Muslims there feel so welcome right now they want to take a piece of Israel and call it their own.

In fact, Arabs in Israel, whether Muslim or Christians, are quite anti-Israel. The only difference is that Christian Arabs generally are little involved in terror. The reason is that they don't believe in 72 virgins for blowing themselves up and, perhaps, also that Muslim terrorists don't accept them.
Interestingly, Druzes, who are generally considered a sect of Islam, have been traditionally pro-Israel. During Shamir's govt., Druzes soldiers were usually sent to repress Arab attacks when leftis Jewish soldiers refused to face "poorly aramed Fakestinians" who used only stones at that time. Also a Druze cleric was part of the Israeli delegation to Madrid. But I think I have heard that younger Druze genearations are no longer pro-Israel

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 07:22:49 AM »
Yeah the Arab Christians are just as bad as the Arab Muslims in most cases.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 10:21:37 AM »
Are we allowed to burn the New Testament Bible because of the crusades, the fighting in Ireland, the blaming of the Jews for the plague, the expulsion of Jews from Catholic Spain, and other horrible events?

You do know that Evangelic Christians don't support scientific facts such as Darwin's theory and the fact that the world is older than 6000 years. Shall we burn some more because of that?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 10:29:27 AM »
Are we allowed to burn the New Testament Bible because of the crusades, the fighting in Ireland, the blaming of the Jews for the plague, the expulsion of Jews from Catholic Spain, and other horrible events?

You do know that Evangelic Christians don't support scientific facts such as Darwin's theory and the fact that the world is older than 6000 years. Shall we burn some more because of that?

Regarding violence on behalf of Christianity in the past you have a point. But what a person believes about Evolution or the age of the world is not your concern and it does not harm anybody. I don't care if I have a neighbour who believes the Earth is flat but I do care if he places a bomb in my house.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 10:40:52 AM »
Re:  "Are we allowed to burn the New Testament Bible because of the crusades, the fighting in Ireland, the blaming of the Jews for the plague, the expulsion of Jews from Catholic Spain, and other horrible events? "

Yes.     >:(

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »

You can if you want to although I wouldn't particularly like it, you are free to choose to do that. I don't think it would hurt Jesus and I can almost guarantee that Christians wouldn't murder each other because you did it.

I accept evolution but it's true that many others haven't really come up to speed on that issue.

I don't care if I have a neighbour who believes the Earth is flat but I do care if he places a bomb in my house.

Excellent point!

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 12:13:22 PM »
Christianity and Judaism aren't blueprints for world domination like Islam is. Burning the New Testament or the Torah doesn't matter because it is no threat to the religion or people who practice it. Each koran copy that is burnt prevents someone from reading that book and maybe, God forbid, becoming a muslim. The goal of islam is to have every man, woman and child on Earth become a muslim and muslims are required to work towards this goal. That is why the koran is so important to them because it's their blueprint for accomplishing that.

You could argue Christianity wants to see every man, woman and child become Christian as well but nowhere in the New Testament did Jesus provide instructions for violent or coersive methods for accomplishing this. You can provide people with the revelations within and they make their own decisions. If they don't want to become Christian, you simply aren't allowed to force them. Islam tells you to take power and force them to convert if they don't readily do so.

Burning a koran is a tragedy for Islam, but burning a Bible or Torah is a tragedy for the person who burns the book.