Author Topic: Why is the forum still open?  (Read 1719 times)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Why is the forum still open?
« on: September 11, 2010, 07:36:58 AM »
Isn't it supposed to close around this time for Shabbat?
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Re: Why is the forum still open?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »
i think it is open as its 9/11

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 08:56:17 AM »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 09:10:10 AM »
It's probably a mistake, but I'll admit, I'm always happy when this happens.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:48:32 AM »
I'd like it to be open all the time. I think our Jewish members are intelligent and strong-willed enough to avoid using the website if they're afraid of violating shabbat.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »
I'd like it to be open all the time. I think our Jewish members are intelligent and strong-willed enough to avoid using the website if they're afraid of violating shabbat.

It's a Jewish forum, not only that, but with "secular" Jews, and it should not be open on Shabbat.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 12:23:43 PM by Unknown Soldier »

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 12:17:07 PM »

A Jewish forum with "secular" Jews should not be open on Shabbat.

Agreed. Even secular Jews should not violate the Shabbat.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 04:14:44 PM »
^ Hi.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »

It's a Jewish forum, not only that, but with "secular" Jews, and it should not be open on Shabbat.
Does the Hebrew JTF forum close for Shabbat?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »

no it does not

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 07:56:31 PM »
Why does the Hebrew forum not close for Shabbat? 

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 07:58:36 PM »

no it does not

I believe you are mistaken.       There's a 7 hour time difference between New York and Jerusalem.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 12:11:21 AM »
Maybe they forgot to shut it for Rosh Hashana, but we Jews had a 3-day straight Yom Tov holiday, so once Rosh Hashana began at sundown Wednesday night, none of us could turn our computers on until after Shabbat ended Saturday night, so whoever was in charge could not get in to shut it for Shabbat if it was already left open for Rosh Hashana.   I think circumstances point to this being an accident.  People get really busy right before the holidays, especially a long one like this!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 08:08:40 AM »
I didn't know that Jews were not supposed to be on for the New Year.  I be on this baby whenever it be open mmmhmm

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 04:48:25 PM »
Maybe they forgot to shut it for Rosh Hashana, but we Jews had a 3-day straight Yom Tov holiday, so once Rosh Hashana began at sundown Wednesday night, none of us could turn our computers on until after Shabbat ended Saturday night, so whoever was in charge could not get in to shut it for Shabbat if it was already left open for Rosh Hashana.   I think circumstances point to this being an accident.  People get really busy right before the holidays, especially a long one like this!

This is probably what happened. Instead of being closed for 3 days it ended up zero days. Whoever is in charge of shutting this place down on Jewsh Holidays needs to be pay closer to attention to what holidays are supposed to be without a forum and when they start. I think something similar happened during the last two days of Passover.  September should have the most inactive forum days of any month.