Author Topic: Quote where Arafat explains 'Palestinian' identity was created to fight Zionism?  (Read 980 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
I thought I had a source for this quote bookmarked in my browser.  I cannot seem to find it at this time.  I have seen it before, and I am almost sure I have seen it also on this site.  If anyone can cite a link where Arafat [YS"V] explains the 'Palestinian' identity is a lie created to fight Zionism I would be most appreciative.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Do you mean PLO executive commitee member Zahir Muhse'in?

In a March 31, 1977 interview with the Amsterdam-based newspaper Dagblad de Verdieping Trouw, PLO executive committee member Zahir Muhse’in said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct ‘Palestinian people’ to oppose Zionism. For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

[/quote]

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
In a great book from the 1970s, Joan Peter's "From Time Immemorial", she discusses how Jewish settlement in Eretz Yisrael actually encouraged Arab immigration into the land of Israel from nearby, surrounding countries.  The Arabs were there to get jobs in construction and working the fields.  Until 1948, Palestinians were known as Jews who were living in then Palestine.  It wasn't until the PLO was created in 1964, that a Palestinian, Arab identity was established.  The myth grew rapidly after the 6 day war in 1967, especially after Israel took control of the so called "West Bank" and Gaza strip. 
   Obviously, the Left-Wing, Jews included, have bought the story of the victimized Palestinians, who have been kicked off their land by the colonialist Jews.  The news media has spread Arafat's lies for 46 years now, and it's now viewed as fact in most of the world. 
   The so-called Israeli-Palestinian conflict is incorrectly named.  It's simply apart of the Muslim vs. Jew conflict.  The Muslims view themselves as superior to the Jews, and can't tolerate a non-Muslim state in the Middle East. 

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
Do you mean PLO executive commitee member Zahir Muhse'in?

In a March 31, 1977 interview with the Amsterdam-based newspaper Dagblad de Verdieping Trouw, PLO executive committee member Zahir Muhse’in said:

The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct ‘Palestinian people’ to oppose Zionism. For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan.

[/quote]

Thanks Ron, that is exactly what I was looking for.  I had forgotten it was no Arafat [YS"V] who had said it.  Todah.  ;D

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
In a great book from the 1970s, Joan Peter's "From Time Immemorial", she discusses how Jewish settlement in Eretz Yisrael actually encouraged Arab immigration into the land of Israel from nearby, surrounding countries.  The Arabs were there to get jobs in construction and working the fields.  Until 1948, Palestinians were known as Jews who were living in then Palestine.  It wasn't until the PLO was created in 1964, that a Palestinian, Arab identity was established.  The myth grew rapidly after the 6 day war in 1967, especially after Israel took control of the so called "West Bank" and Gaza strip. 
   Obviously, the Left-Wing, Jews included, have bought the story of the victimized Palestinians, who have been kicked off their land by the colonialist Jews.  The news media has spread Arafat's lies for 46 years now, and it's now viewed as fact in most of the world. 
   The so-called Israeli-Palestinian conflict is incorrectly named.  It's simply apart of the Muslim vs. Jew conflict.  The Muslims view themselves as superior to the Jews, and can't tolerate a non-Muslim state in the Middle East. 

It is indeed a good book.  Not well written [only in the sense too much passion is in it, which I agree with, but does not work well to convince a skeptic], but it is mostly factual.  I cannot remember the name of another book which houses the truths of this book, but in a more scholarly fashion [I should re-look into it now that I think of it].