Author Topic: lets stop the name calling  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
lets stop the name calling
« on: October 12, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »
We have a lot of passionate people on this forum. However we have to act in a mature manner. Kahanist liberal and Daniel are not trolls and posters like them with different views make this forum much more interesting and educational. I ask some of the posters here to refrain from name calling with these two and engage in civil debate.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: lets stop the name calling
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:21:06 PM »
I agree, but IMs are open here.  My name should not have to be "A response to AsheDina" to a person seeking to change the way we are, then cause US NAZIS.

I dont fight fair when attacked, and thats the way it is.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:26:10 PM »
I agree, but IMs are open here.  My name should not have to be "A response to AsheDina" to a person seeking to change the way we are, then cause US NAZIS.

I dont fight fair when attacked, and thats the way it is.

Linguistic Krav Maga.  ;D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 08:03:46 AM »
We have a lot of passionate people on this forum. However we have to act in a mature manner. Kahanist liberal and Daniel are not trolls and posters like them with different views make this forum much more interesting and educational. I ask some of the posters here to refrain from name calling with these two and engage in civil debate.

I agree, you poopy head!  :P

(kidding)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 08:18:26 AM »

(kidding)

gooz batcheh ;D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »
Mr Smarty Pants....

:P

:::D

(kidding)

gooz batcheh ;D
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:14:41 PM »
I think it would have been a good test case to implement than one-on-one debate thread with Daniel and his queer obsession vs. one representative from the other side like Dr. Dan or KWRBT. Sometimes, when someone defends his opinions alone against many who are opposed, he can't help feeling belligered. 

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 02:02:55 PM »
Didn't you laugh at my joke????
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 02:24:01 PM »
I think it would have been a good test case to implement than one-on-one debate thread with Daniel and his queer obsession vs. one representative from the other side like Dr. Dan or KWRBT. Sometimes, when someone defends his opinions alone against many who are opposed, he can't help feeling belligered. 

Please define 'belligered'... It is not an English word.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 02:45:17 PM »

Yes.  It is.

be·lea·guered be·lea·guer·ing\-g(ə-)riŋ\
Definition of BELEAGUER
: besiege
: trouble, harass <beleaguered parents> <an economically beleaguered city>
— be·lea·guer·ment\-mənt\ noun

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beleaguered

I understood what he meant.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:56:28 PM by bullcat3 »
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 03:11:36 PM »

Yes.  It is.

be·lea·guered be·lea·guer·ing\-g(ə-)riŋ\
Definition of BELEAGUER
: besiege
: trouble, harass <beleaguered parents> <an economically beleaguered city>
— be·lea·guer·ment\-mənt\ noun

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beleaguered

I understood what he meant.
Thank you, that is the word I was supposed to write.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
No problem.  You were close enough to be understood.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »

No, it was ambiguous..

It could have been Belligerent...

People should attempt to use English words with proper grammar in order to be understood. Sometimes people here are too 'lazy' to correct their spellings even when the spell checker highlights improperly spelled words. If a person wants to appear lazy and ignorant then spelling mistakes are acceptable, but if they expect people to listen to their ideas they should attempt to express them properly, with proper spelling and grammar.

bellegered != Beleaguered
belligered != Belligerent
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 04:25:52 PM »
 :P  Cut it out Muman.  You make the forum a miserable place to be sometimes.  We can't all be as perfect as you.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »
:P  Cut it out Muman.  You make the forum a miserable place to be sometimes.  We can't all be as perfect as you.

Im sorry Bullcat3... I do not mean this as an insult or anything derogatory. What is wrong with trying to exhort people to write in a manner which is understandable to others? Certainly we all are on different levels, we are different ages, and sometimes speak different native languages. But we should attempt to use proper English in the English forum.

I really am sorry if you find my suggestions irritating, that is not my intention at all..

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 04:56:53 PM »
Because, Muman, some of us use the android phone and the words come out wrong and the letters on the screen are too damn small to notice spelling errors...so hmmmph, poopyhead... :P

Im sorry Bullcat3... I do not mean this as an insult or anything derogatory. What is wrong with trying to exhort people to write in a manner which is understandable to others? Certainly we all are on different levels, we are different ages, and sometimes speak different native languages. But we should attempt to use proper English in the English forum.

I really am sorry if you find my suggestions irritating, that is not my intention at all..

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
Dnot tlel em ouy cnat udnredastn tish. hTe tinntere si lufl fo miksstae. lDae hitw ti.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 05:04:49 PM »
Muman, intelligence is nothing without diplomacy and commonsense.

People do not come here to be called stupid or lazy.
Some of the smartest people I know don't have good grammar or spelling abilities.
I would put my life in their hands though.
I wouldn't trust you, with my life, and you are super intelligent.

If you can't understand what someone means, ask them to explain or skip the post.
Don't pretend that they made up a word.  That is stupid if you ask me.  No offense meant.
For many of our members English is a second language.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 05:12:35 PM »

No, it was ambiguous..

People should attempt to use English words with proper grammar in order to be understood. Sometimes people here are too 'lazy' to correct their spellings even when the spell checker highlights improperly spelled words. If a person wants to appear lazy and ignorant then spelling mistakes are acceptable, but if they expect people to listen to their ideas they should attempt to express them properly, with proper spelling and grammar.

I think he just made a mistake, Muman.  Zelhar is very intelligent and usually types well here.   He's not one of these serial english-destroyers we sometimes get.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 05:24:25 PM »
am i allowed to call everyone names as that is being fair ;)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 05:27:53 PM »
christians4jews:  "am i allowed to call everyone names... "

Why most certainly!

This forum certainly can use a little "name calling" to spice things up!      :o

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 05:30:01 PM »

No, it was ambiguous..

I think he just made a mistake, Muman.  Zelhar is very intelligent and usually types well here.
   He's not one of these serial english-destroyers we sometimes get.
Exactly!

He's not one of these serial english-destroyers we sometimes get.   :o
Yes.  The point of a forum is to discourage people, with poor grammar and spelling, from sharing their thoughts.
Good grammar and spelling are the most essential qualifications to post.  ::)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
Muman, intelligence is nothing without diplomacy and commonsense.

People do not come here to be called stupid or lazy.
Some of the smartest people I know don't have good grammar or spelling abilities.
I would put my life in their hands though.
I wouldn't trust you, with my life, and you are super intelligent.

If you can't understand what someone means, ask them to explain or skip the post.
Don't pretend that they made up a word.  That is stupid if you ask me.  No offense meant.
For many of our members English is a second language.

BC3,

Im sorry but your suggestion above is EXACTLY what I did before you started to get belligerent with me.

Here is my initial message:
Quote from: muman613

There is nothing insulting or denigrating in my question. I simply stated that the word 'belligered' does not make sense to me, I initially suspected belligerent but he actually meant beleaguered...

Why does BC3 always take such a tone with me? I have nothing but good intentions in trying to get members to write their ideas in a manner which is understandable.

I do not imply that Zelhar did anything wrong...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 05:39:28 PM »

No, it was ambiguous..

Because this is what you really mean when you correct people.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »

No, it was ambiguous..

Because this is what you really mean when you correct people.

Yes, I did say this... But it was not specifically adressed to Zelhar...

I do sometimes get a little frustrated that so many people are willing to hit the send button with posts full of spelling and other errors.

But I don't think I say this is a derogatory way... Im really sorry if this sounded derogatory..