Author Topic: Super Size Me Movie  (Read 6619 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Re: Super Size Me Movie
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »
I have a copy of it. It's pretty good. I learned a lot... like because they mass produce everything, each beef patty has like a thousand cows ground up in it. Sick stuff.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 12:49:51 AM »
I have a copy of it. It's pretty good. I learned a lot... like because they mass produce everything, each beef patty has like a thousand cows ground up in it. Sick stuff.

That is disgusting.

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 01:40:35 AM »
I would like to see this. I'll have to rent it.

You can watch it online for free.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 04:42:20 AM »
I haven't eaten from a macdonalds outlet for about 5 years, and have no intention of doing so in the future. (yes I have seen the film...)

Could you give a summary?

Offline Yisrael

• Master JTFer
  • Oy!
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2007, 06:47:27 AM »
 Super Size Me is an Academy Award-nominated 2004 documentary film, directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock, an American independent   filmmaker. It follows a 30-day time period (February 2003) during which Spurlock subsists exclusively on McDonald's fast food and stops exercising regularly. The film documents this lifestyle's drastic effects on Spurlock's physical and psychological well-being and explores the fast food industry's corporate influence, including how it encourages poor nutrition for its own profit. During the filming, Spurlock dined at McDonald's restaurants three times per day, sampling every item on the chain's menu at least once. He consumed an average of 5,000 calories (the equivalent of 9.26 Big Macs) per day during the experiment.

"Secular Zionism is racism. Religious Zionism is Judaism."
No one who votes for Obama cares that he is a crack addict or a fag. That's the scariest thing about him. --- Bonecrkr

"When I take action, I’m not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It’s going to be decisive."
- George W. Bush, 43rd President of the United States of America

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 10:30:21 AM »
I would like to see this. I'll have to rent it.

You can watch it online for free.

Thanks!

Offline JewishTeddyBear

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 06:49:15 PM »
before i read what anybody else has written about that movie Super Size Me, let me say that that is probably the single dumbest movie i have ever seen.  i mean, what does the guy expect will happen if he spends an entire month eating nothing but mcDonads, that he will then be able to run the marathon?  does one have to go to graduate school to figure out that such a diet is not healthy for you?

and furthermore, what exactly does it prove?  any idiot already knows that eating there every day for every meal is unhealthy.  but that says NOTHING about eating there once in a while, which really is not a terrible thing to do.

what has happened to people that they have become so stupid?

newman

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 06:54:35 PM »
He's just doing a 'Michael Moore'. Taking a cheap shot at any big corporation.

Erica

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »
McDonalds sucks. I see people in threr that buy 20 hamburgers for themselves. I think McDonalds is worse than Cigarettes.
Free will is what drives people to eat McDonalds to excess. My stepdaughter works at the McDonalds here and when I'm there to pick her up, I see lots of HUGE babies and parents...I don't know if its a result of them eating McDonalds all of the time, though.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 12:59:34 AM »
Good call!

newman

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 04:04:39 AM »
He also ate at branches in many different states.

I won't even eat at their kosher branches in Israel. I prefer Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken.

MMMM HMMM!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 07:19:41 AM »
I didn't really enjoy the movie

Offline SerbChicago

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2007, 02:13:04 PM »
it was great
The truth,justice and Serbian way