Author Topic: Super Size Me Movie  (Read 6639 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Super Size Me Movie
« on: May 28, 2007, 12:34:02 AM »
I saw the documentary Super Size Me, and I fully recommend for everyone to watch it.  I am sure by now for those who haven't seen it, in a nutshell you know its about the guy who made a documentary on a crash 30 day diet of nothing but McDonald's.  I recommend that people also show this to their children on how horrible fast food really is.   McDonald's, BK.. etc.  All of it disgusting fried slop.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Super Size Me Movie
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:19:39 PM »
Yeah, I got to see that move.  I heard good things about it. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:44:46 AM »
The Macdonalds near my house has painted itself green suggesting its "organic", its also ironically got sport posters up. I think everyone should watch that film. Macdonalds is trying other manipulative methods of approach.

ftf

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:09:38 PM »
I haven't eaten from a macdonalds outlet for about 5 years, and have no intention of doing so in the future. (yes I have seen the film...)

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
McDonalds sucks. I see people in threr that buy 20 hamburgers for themselves. I think McDonalds is worse than Cigarettes.

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:51:58 PM »
Ever since I damn near vomited after eating a Big Mac and Super Size carcinogenic fries on March 3, 2003 in a Times Square McDonalds, I never set foot in a McDonald's ever again.  By the way, I saw that movie, and it was excellent.  I even have a book about that movie.  Anyway, it's Quiznos and Subway for me!

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline Bodhi

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 04:48:16 PM »
  Big Mac's are definitely not Kosher.....follow Chiams' example and eat kosher.

However....eggmcmuffins without the canadian bacon, with pancakes and hash brown aren't kosher either but I do enjoy them from time to time.........

The food there after 10:30 am is pretty much as low as it gets...do some charity, but a bum some hamburgers, but why would you degrade the temple that is your body, and dishonor yourself in front of G-d like that ?  I don't get it.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 02:40:48 PM »
20 HAMBURGERS! COSMOKRAMER THATS DISGUSTING!.......

Subway smells revolting, macdonalds is extremely unhealthy.....burger king i've never stepped into because the bright halogen lights scare me....and there aren't many more restaurants-if you can even call them that- out there.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 06:50:17 PM »
How can anybody eat McDonald's food after all that has been publicized about them. They're are feeding uneducated people poison and making them think that it's good. Having athletes and celebrities doing commercials now that's big time manipulation of the public. Mc Crap !
 Dollar value menu ONLY .99 cents - I see your point .
Subway is the biggest scam ever- It smells like a Hindu when you go inside and you don't get any meat or stuff on your sandwich, that's why that fat pig Jared (the guy on the commercial) lost weight.
White Castle- is for wiggers and ME . I love the mozzarella sticks they are the best. lol I had to indulge in something.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 08:29:17 PM »
Fastfood in general is disgusting but notice the creatures working in what you call fancy restaurants.  Rodents and insects, poor health risks.  I normally like to cook my own food knowing what I am eating.  And I know Chaim will say is not good for you but I do have a cup of coffee in the morning it helps spark up my motors when waking up.  Even coffee I rather make at home.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 08:47:13 AM »
How can anybody eat McDonald's food after all that has been publicized about them. They're are feeding uneducated people poison and making them think that it's good. Having athletes and celebrities doing commercials now that's big time manipulation of the public. Mc Crap !
 Dollar value menu ONLY .99 cents - I see your point .
Subway is the biggest scam ever- It smells like a Hindu when you go inside and you don't get any meat or stuff on your sandwich, that's why that fat pig Jared (the guy on the commercial) lost weight.
White Castle- is for wiggers and ME . I love the mozzarella sticks they are the best. lol I had to indulge in something.

Haha i found that funny...

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 09:56:03 AM »
Is pizza/pasta considered junk food?
You can get pasta dishes like my favorite (baked stuffed shells w/ricotta cheese inside and topped w/mozzarella), that is some what high in calories and carbs. but I think it's healthier than traditional 'fast food'. I know of a couple great Italian restaurants in the area(Flushing,Queens)  that I would consider for dinner...
I must be hungry, brb!

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 09:59:37 AM »
Like all food there are many ways of preparing pasta and pizza, and yes it can be unhealthy, especially when loaded with all the fatty processed cheese that isn't natural and comprises of mainly chemicals.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 10:08:52 AM »
Sarah,
 I get the feeling that you know a lot about this ... Can you please recommend for me an eatery that you think is healthy and tasty enough for me. I am in great shape (6ft, 168 lb) so I don't make a fuss about what I eat as now, but I figure to get a head start for the future.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 10:23:40 AM »
 :laugh: Danstx19 I'm no, nutritionist! However i would recommend eating everything you love eating but instead made by you! With suitable ingredients brought at the local supermarket. You can then make your own burgers, pizzas and everything else and actually see what goes into them. If you don't want to prepare your own food then just eat in moderation outside.

I'm not going to tell you to pack in fast food, go on strict coordinated diets because its not normal. You say you are healthy, then try to stick to a balanced diet eating what you want along with a substantial amount of fruit and vegetables and never forget to Exercise:)

Fresh air is also good to stay healthy into the future, thats why all the chinese people living in the mountains live until their late 90's :D

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 12:10:02 PM »
'I see ' said the blind man. I have achieved enlightenment...
Thank you for the info Sarah, I just feel a little deflated since my guru of 'natural cures' was exposed.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 03:05:28 PM »
As an Italian, I can say the best way to make pasta is Olive Oil in the water it doesn't clump the pasta together and it gives it a nice flavoring.  And if you want to add taste to the pasta never mind the parm grated cheese.  Use pesto with the olive oil again or a tomato based sauce with minced up garlic.  As far as pizza goes, look everything will be fine if you are on moderation if you eat a slice once a week or so it is not going to make your brain go into a tail spin and your butt 10 miles wide. 

ftf

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 03:09:27 PM »
I'm often referred to as a pizza adict, and I am also referred to as under weight. To keep weight off, exercise. Each night I do: 50 pressups, 100 situps, 100 squats, 50 pressups. (I can't manage 100 pressups in one go yet so I have to split it into the two blocks of fifty)

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »
I'm often referred to as a pizza adict, and I am also referred to as under weight. To keep weight off, exercise. Each night I do: 50 pressups, 100 situps, 100 squats, 50 pressups. (I can't manage 100 pressups in one go yet so I have to split it into the two blocks of fifty)

:o :o
In this heat, that London is facing now.....i think i'm going to dissolve any second.

ftf

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 02:18:35 PM »

:o :o
In this heat, that London is facing now.....i think i'm going to dissolve any second.
Windows open and curtains shut, then your room will not be too hot.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 02:29:57 PM »
Im not in my room, i'm in an internet cafe surrounded by sweaty people and a dozen or so computers, and strong lighting.

ftf

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
Im not in my room, i'm in an internet cafe surrounded by sweaty people and a dozen or so computers, and strong lighting.

That sounds utterly horrid, you have my sympathy.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 04:53:08 PM »
Ick I'd be running out of there, run home and hop in the shower.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 03:04:58 AM »
The doctor in that movie, Dr. Seagal(?) is my fathers doctor, he is a great doctor.

Offline Shoshana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 11:05:57 PM »
I would like to see this. I'll have to rent it.