Author Topic: Hello all  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
Hello all
« on: November 16, 2010, 01:44:53 AM »
Hello / Shalom all,
                         My name is .... well you guessed it, Brett and i'm located in Australia. I've just decided to undertake a journey to convert to Judaism. Even though I have been living a TORAH obedient lifestyle for some time now i've decided to leave my old life behind and bind myself to the tribe of Judah.

I hope to expand my knowledge and learn the finer aspects Judaism via this site. **really need to learn Hebrew and traditions**

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 05:13:56 AM »
Shalom Brett and welcome,

You have here a whole section dedicated to Torah and Judaism and several knowledgeable members who, I'm sure, will be happy to answer your questions.
You also have a special section for the Hebrew language. Once you have achieved enough command of Hebrew, I advise you to watch our translated videos, it will be a fascinating way to make progress.
As you will see, discussions here are often heated and exciting !

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:22:55 AM »
Shalom and welcome!
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:59:22 AM »
That's awesome my Australian friend!!!!

It's good to know more and more people are converting to Judaism!

Welcome to the forum!
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 05:29:27 PM »
Welcome to JTF!

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »
Welcome aboard.  :)
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »
Welcome to JTF Forum !
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »
Welcome!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
what made you want to convert to Judaism?

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 12:56:37 AM »
yaakov,
I indeed intend to make good use of the information here but I will be mindful to keep the more 'simple' questions to a minimum :)

White Israelite
When I was young my Grandmother used to read the Torah to me although she was a conservative Anglican she stressed the importance of Torah. She also observed passover each year which left an impression on me.

A few years ago I had a nagging need to read  the Torah this left me with many questions about Christianity. I could not and would not disregard the divine Law and this led me to becoming militant in my Biblical views.

I saw the Pagan institutions embracing 'other' beliefs which is a NO NO, ordination of Homesexual clergy and ordination of Female clergy as an absolute disgrace. I will NEVER set foot in another Church for the rest of my life.

After looking into and studying about Orthodox Judaism I found that was what I was looking for. No concessions, Biblical all the way.

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 12:59:22 AM »
Sorry I forgot to add a

Thank you for the warm welcome   :fist: :israel:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 07:52:07 AM »
Welcome
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 08:41:10 PM »
Just curious Brett, but what do you think made your greandmother observe the Jewish holiday of Passover?

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 03:33:01 AM »
JTFenthusiast2,
Sorry for the late reply. Work has been absolutely horrendous lately, 1 step forward 6 steps backwards.

To this day I do not know why my Grandmother put so much emphasis on observing Passover or reading the Torah to me as a child. She had a passion for Biblical history. On many, many occasions when I was a child she would be having talks and asking questions to Hashem, I never understood at the time, but now I do. Unfortunately she passed away 11 years ago which hit me really hard and still does to this day, I have so many questions for her.

I was chatting to the Beth Din last month and they seem to think that she was a Jew but because of having lived and been born in England (1914 thereabouts) her family converted because of hostility towards Jews in Europe.

As i'm the only child and my family is scattered it's proving very hard to pin down my ancestry roots. I do know for certain that everything about Judaism feels right. It's that feeling in your heart when you feel ease, peace and longing to make our creator happy and proud. Everyday I ponder the Torah, evaluate my attitude and try my darndest to walk the narrow path.

Maybe in time it will become clear and all my questions answered, {{there's only 1 who know's that}}, but until then i'll keep growing and learning and teaching my  children.

Take care, shalom.