Author Topic: My Message to Chaim (I think it's relevant for the forum as well)  (Read 2633 times)

Offline Hidden Author

• Junior JTFer
While I still disagree with you in certain areas, I sound far more dismissive of you and your movement than I am in reality because I am a cynic. While I am a conservative to a certain extent, I am above all a cynic. I am especially sorry that I referred to your member--I was just infuriated that everyone was flaming me for refusing to bow to your great insights.

Now if I'm going to be more respectful, then I'd like JTF to be more respectful. I don't appreciate being called a Holocaust Denier, a homosexual and a monster! Have I ever said anything that would prove any such allegation to be true? If you think such criticisms are fair, then tell me and I'm leave the forum. Otherwise could you please tell everyone to stop flaming me? Thanks.

ftf

Re: My Message to Chaim (I think it's relevant for the forum as well)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 09:04:15 PM »
Everyone's going to kill me for this, but I don't think we should be flaming hidden author, e has made one or two slightly rude comments, and he has been very cynical about things, that is all he has done, so I say leave him alone.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »
Remember it's like 55 to 1, Hidden Author.  So while I admire your bravery challenging all of us, be aware that a lot of us will try to chew you alive...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:18:46 PM »
I think people are angry with you because some of your initial questions on Ask JTF programs sounded quite arrogant and dismissive.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 11:30:02 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with asking the challenging questions on the forum. In fact, I think it's beneficial and even necessary to look at the other side of the coin. We can't fully understand our own perspectives unless we understand the opposing viewpoint's perspective. But then again, that was the major premise I learned in an argumentation course I took at a liberal college. But whether someone is liberal or conservative on any given issue, I believe strongly in this concept.

Anyway, I was a little taken aback when Chaim stated to Hidden Author a couple of weeks ago that Hidden Author was asking a "self-hating question" and then proceeded to be in complete shock about the term "dispossessed." I don't see what since that is an expression that the Arabs in Israel use all the time to describe what happened to them. I always leanred that there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. I think that's it's important to look at both sides of an issue. Even if you don't agree with the other side, it's still good to look at it and to at least "understand" it. I'm a very strong Zionist and believe in Israel's right to exist. At the same time, I also think it's important to look at the Arab point of view and their issues they bring up. But I wonder if I ask about house demolitions, uprooting of olive trees, settler violence, Rachel Corrie, or any other issues raised by the Arabs, would Chaim and the rest of you consider this asking self-hating questions? Or are Chaim and the rest of you open to at least take a look and have an understanding of the other side and have a conversation about it? Just something that has been on my mind for a while now.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 11:31:59 PM »
Hidden Author, no more threads about how you disagree with Chaim.  Post all your comments into one thread which so far you said nothing useful or even what you disagree with him on. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 11:52:03 PM »
I don't think there's anything wrong with asking the challenging questions on the forum. In fact, I think it's beneficial and even necessary to look at the other side of the coin. We can't fully understand our own perspectives unless we understand the opposing viewpoint's perspective. But then again, that was the major premise I learned in an argumentation course I took at a liberal college. But whether someone is liberal or conservative on any given issue, I believe strongly in this concept.

Anyway, I was a little taken aback when Chaim stated to Hidden Author a couple of weeks ago that Hidden Author was asking a "self-hating question" and then proceeded to be in complete shock about the term "dispossessed." I don't see what since that is an expression that the Arabs in Israel use all the time to describe what happened to them. I always leanred that there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. I think that's it's important to look at both sides of an issue. Even if you don't agree with the other side, it's still good to look at it and to at least "understand" it. I'm a very strong Zionist and believe in Israel's right to exist. At the same time, I also think it's important to look at the Arab point of view and their issues they bring up. But I wonder if I ask about house demolitions, uprooting of olive trees, settler violence, Rachel Corrie, or any other issues raised by the Arabs, would Chaim and the rest of you consider this asking self-hating questions? Or are Chaim and the rest of you open to at least take a look and have an understanding of the other side and have a conversation about it? Just something that has been on my mind for a while now.

I agree with you about asking chaim opposing questions maybe even to challenge him...but truth be told, there is a right way and a wrong way of asking those types of questions.  Remember the passover sedar there are four sons: the wise, the wicked, the simple, and the one who is incapable of speaking.  Hidden Author asks questions like he is the wicked son...am I right about that guys?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 12:36:54 AM »
I think Hidden Authorn has Bipolar Disorder. He seems to have some form of mental illness questioning Chaim when histroy has proven over and over again who really is correct.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Bannedfan

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:46:53 AM »
Hidden, none of your phony pseudo-clarifications are gonna change anybodys' minds. You wonder why people think you are gay... hmmm, maybe something about you talking about performing oral intercourse on Chaim gave us that impression?

Fortunately for you, the mods are choosing to be really gracious, but I do not forget or forgive your smart-aleck, and more recently obscene, attacks on our forum and JTF's national chairman.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 10:22:29 AM »
Guys, I like the fact that we're all very protective of Chaim.  But since Hidden Author is apologizing, I think we should give him/her the benefit of the doubt. 

Hidden Author, as I see it, your questions to Chaim would sound less arrogant and dismissive if you would preface them with some information on where you are coming from and why you are interested in the subject matter.  Remember, we're not interacting face to face.  So all we have to go by is what you wrote. 

You say you are in college.  What are you studying?  Where are you from?  You say you are a cynic.  How long have you been a cynic for?  And what do you think made you become a cynic?