Author Topic: Minimum wage for outsourced work.  (Read 1394 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Minimum wage for outsourced work.
« on: May 30, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
   Ok at least I am fed up when I make a phone call and get transfered to someone in India or Pakastan who is taking away jobs from are economy. What does everyone think about imposing the same or greater minimum wage laws for outsourced jobs. I hear the arguement that we need to oursource in order to remain competitive with the rest of the world. How can American trying to find a minimum wage job compete with someone who makes pennies to the dollar?
   I also hear that we need foreign skills for some jobs. I can understand if a company receives better service from outsourced work than if they had to hire affirmative action morons. I do, however, feel they should have to pay the same amount for this service.
   The other question becomes, how is the difference accounted for? Should the companies pay the same to the workers or should the difference be collected as a tax(something I would be against if it was domestic).
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?