Author Topic: The movie "the Frisco Kid"  (Read 2404 times)

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
The movie "the Frisco Kid"
« on: May 30, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »
Has anyone ever seen it? I think it's actually a pretty good movie in many ways. I also saw some people on this board mention that they have professional and familial ties to Hollywood, I have a couple of questions about the actors in the film.

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Re: The movie "the Frisco Kid"
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:42:46 PM »
I've seen the Frisco Kid. It's with Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford if I remember correctly. I love the film. I just have not seen it in forever.

Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 11:50:25 PM »
Got it on DVD..really funny movie.  The lesson of the movie is exactly my sentiment on Judaism and Israel.

If anyone recalls the ending: As Gene Wilder's character says, "Let us have San Francisco, you can have the rest of the world.  And if you ever come back, there will be trouble!"
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »
I think its a really good movie, does anyone know if Gene Wilder has any plans for a sequel?
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 12:01:01 AM »
I think its a really good movie, does anyone know if Gene Wilder has any plans for a sequel?

Don't be silly..what good would a sequel be?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 12:04:49 AM »
Gene Wilder is a good actor. Loved him in Silver Streak.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 12:15:16 AM »

Your right, but I still like movies from Hollywood that are actually positive and funny.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 03:15:38 AM »
I highly doubt there will be a sequel.  The movie was released 28 years ago - Gene Wilder's an old dude now.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 12:01:13 PM »

Your right, but I still like movies from Hollywood that are actually positive and funny.

I wish there was a sequel but the movie is an almost forgotten gem from the past. I think the Jews over at Hollywood finally did something good for a change and produced a quality movie with a nostalgic and fond twist on shtetl life and early american orthodoxy. The scenes where the 'rabbi' repeatedly risks his life to save the Torah scroll is an indication of that.

Does anyone know who the actor is in the very beginning? The first scene opens with a very agitated white-bearded Rabbi screaming about "de indians".