Author Topic: Krav Maga[Israeli Defence Forces Fight Training] Anyone? [Update 6/13]  (Read 6651 times)

Allen-T

I've decided to start training for the impending hell that's upon us. I am going on Saturday morning to sit in on a class in NYC at Rhon Mizrachi's school. Anyone want to join me? Here is the schools website; http://www.kravmagafederation.com/schools.php?school=1 If attending Saturday is not possible, a schedule is on the website. I was informed by e-mail that you can show up 10 minutes before a class to watch or participate. Happy head bashing!!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:41:15 AM by Allen-T »

Allen-T

Re: Krav Maga[Israeli Defence Forces Fight Training] Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 06:57:58 AM »
Nobody? It'll be fun!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 07:30:31 AM »
TELL THEM AT KRAV MAGA DOJO ABOUT JTF
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 07:31:03 AM »

Of course!!!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 07:38:21 AM »
mAYBE AT LEAST THEY'LL VOTE ON YOUTUBE

Of course!!!
MAYBE AT LEAST THEY'LL VOTE ON YOUTUBE.btw I KNOW A GIRL IN ARIZONA SHE'S BEEN TAKING KRAV MAGA FOR ABOUT 4 YRS SHE IS NOW LEARNING SOMETHING THAT'S HAS A DIFFERENT NAME IT'S ADVANCED KRAV MAGA

« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:40:50 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 04:00:48 PM »
It went well, I signed up for the first month. You can go unlimited times during the month, I am going 3 times a week for starters. Trial membership is $100/month, after $150/month.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 04:04:43 PM »
150 a month are the instructors good guy or schmucks

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 05:53:19 PM »
150 a month are the instructors good guy or schmucks

The guy who owns the school has fought in Israeli wars, he and the other instructer seem like very cool no-nonsense people that love what they do. It seems like a great style of brutal street fighting, just what is needed in NYC!!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 08:57:33 PM »
Hey Allen-T that sounds like a good deal actually!  I'm happy to hear that you're doing it, let us know about your progress and maybe post some tips now and again.  ;) 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Allen-T

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2007, 03:17:18 AM »
Hey Allen-T that sounds like a good deal actually!  I'm happy to hear that you're doing it, let us know about your progress and maybe post some tips now and again.  ;) 

I need to lose weight!! ;D What I saw yesterday was about 20 minutes of strenuous warm-up, various punching and kicking exercises and dealing with an attacker with a blunt object, not being hit,getting the object away from them and using it on them.

Allen-T

Re: Krav Maga[Israeli Defence Forces Fight Training] Anyone? [Update 6/3]
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 09:27:19 PM »
I have just finished my first class. Well, good news, 2 people at the school are big JTF fans, one guy from Queens loves Chaim and the QPTV shows & another guy also knew us from Chaim's MNN days. I am so out of shape ;D, but I don't feel as wracked as I thought I would. The guy I was practicing with was really slamming me in my upper body, I'll probably feel worse tomorrow. We are learning basic punching techniques and also protecting one's self against attackers with blunt objects[stick,pipe] including bashing their face in,a knee to the groin and getting the object away from them. The class is men and woman and I encourage all, especially the women, to consider it. It's only gonna get worse. We need to terrorise the savages, not the other way around.  >:(   

Allen-T

Re: Krav Maga[Israeli Defence Forces Fight Training] Anyone? [Update 6/8]
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 07:35:28 AM »
Last nights lesson didn't go as well. I tried to keep pace during the warm-ups and over exerted myself. I had to stop 15 minutes early because I had gotten horrible stomach cramps from the sit-ups. This is NOT easy at all. It's gonna be a long,long journey!!! Must lose weight!! 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 08:00:24 AM »
Is'nt krav maga a fighting system as opposed to a martial art?yet i know a girl in Arizona who has been studying it for 5 yrs that sounds like  martial arts,and yes shes in great shape and could kick most guys ass

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2007, 08:21:55 AM »
Is'nt krav maga a fighting system as opposed to a martial art?yet i know a girl in Arizona who has been studying it for 5 yrs that sounds like  martial arts,and yes shes in great shape and could kick most guys ass

Yes, it's more combat fighting than a "martial art". And yes there are girls there that could probably kick my ass[a couple I wouldn't mind if I was single ;)]

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2007, 08:40:22 AM »
Last nights lesson didn't go as well. I tried to keep pace during the warm-ups and over exerted myself. I had to stop 15 minutes early because I had gotten horrible stomach cramps from the sit-ups. This is NOT easy at all. It's gonna be a long,long journey!!! Must lose weight!! 

I'm right there with ya buddy, I need to lose a bit of weight too. I would get slaughtered by that kind of intensive work-out!  It sounds like you're pushing yourself though, that's good.  Don't worry, it'll all be worth it if and when the day comes when you'll have to kick some muzzie butt! 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 08:56:13 AM »

Yes, it's more combat fighting than a "martial art". And yes there are girls there that could probably kick my ass[a couple I wouldn't mind if I was single ;)]
LOL i asked her if she wants to do some ground fighting with me :laugh:

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

Last night's session went much better than last time. It's definitely about not pushing yourself too much during warm up exercises. I laid back just enough last night during warm ups and had full mental and physical facilities for the duration. We worked on chest and head kicks and also two different ways to undo a choke hold one involving hooking your hands on the enemies wrists while simultameously crushing his testicular region with your knee, the second involving a full swing of your arm while grabbing his hands and elbowing his brains out, lovely!! It was a bit overcrowded last night but otherwise it was great. I feel I have made a tiny bit of progress. I have cut out carbs which has made me lose a few pounds. Saturday is my next lesson, though I may go tomorrow night depending on how much work I get done.

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
Hi Allen-T, and good day to you.

It  sounds as if you're having a great time.   I boxed for quite a few years, and training yourself in the combat sports is something I've always considered worthwhile.   Continued success, and good luck.

Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Allen-T

Hi Allen-T, and good day to you.

It  sounds as if you're having a great time.   I boxed for quite a few years, and training yourself in the combat sports is something I've always considered worthwhile.   Continued success, and good luck.

Thanks!!

ftf

If you want to make really good progress physcially, the trick is to push yourself to the top limit of what you can do, as often as you can, don;t hold back in the warm ups, and don;t hold back in the session, if you collaps from exhaustion it will do you good in the long run, as long as it doesn't make you give up.

Allen-T

If you want to make really good progress physcially, the trick is to push yourself to the top limit of what you can do, as often as you can, don;t hold back in the warm ups, and don;t hold back in the session, if you collaps from exhaustion it will do you good in the long run, as long as it doesn't make you give up.

But then I am unable to focus mentally and perform physically. The point of the class is to learn how to crush evil doers, not some endurance experiment. I know what you mean in theory, but practically it's better as I said. The two times I did it my way I walked away with useable knowledge. I figure as I lose weight my endurance and stamina will increase naturally and the more I exercise the more I'll be able to stretch myself.   

ftf

But then I am unable to focus mentally and perform physically. The point of the class is to learn how to crush evil doers, not some endurance experiment. I know what you mean in theory, but practically it's better as I said. The two times I did it my way I walked away with useable knowledge. I figure as I lose weight my endurance and stamina will increase naturally and the more I exercise the more I'll be able to stretch myself.   
I push myself past the limit at every Judo session, I've nearly been physically sick from exhaustion a few times, and I started burping up blood once... But my limit keeps going up.

Allen-T

I push myself past the limit at every Judo session, I've nearly been physically sick from exhaustion a few times, and I started burping up blood once... But my limit keeps going up.

Maybe it's because I am really overweight. Once that gets under control I can experiment.

ftf

I'm not saying I find it easy, I often push myself to the point where I feel like I'm dying. I sometimes then find it hard to focus, I have to force myself to, this takes mental strength as well as the physical.

Offline BOAZdavid

• New JTFer
Dear beloved Jewish friends.
I am an evangelical Christian, and in terms of the perception of the Muslim/Islamic threat, I assure you, we are on the same page.

I'm in Australia, and have teamed up with some Jews and even Atheists, who share the vision to respond with truth and boldness to the Islamic scourge occurring around us.

I also began kickboxing to prepare myself personally for defense against any physical attack experienced at any of the protests/demonstrations we are involved in.

I urge and encourage each one of you do take such a step.. Krav Maga, kickboxing or any decent martial art. (in any case, I combine many moves from many styles.

Please visit  http://www.islammonitor.org   this is the focus of our team. (in Australia) 

IF any of you reading this, have contacts or friends in Australia,  please refer them to this. (Melbourne section led by a Jewish lady/Sydney by a Christian)  We would most welcome any help in public action.

We will become like a mighty army. We may not share the exact same faith, but most evangelicals support Israel and their claim on the land as divine right, so I hope you will embrace us in this particular goal, and participate or..invite participation from Christians in increasingly large public events.

Possible Events.
-Have a sign "Islam calls for destruction of Jews and Christians" Quran 9:30  and have a rally at a major Church !!! or..and/or.. a major Synagogue. (such sayings are in fact hate crimes ..i.e. saying like this in the Quran) 
If you can gather enough people... have a rally at the offices of CAIR... or.. a MOSQUE or an Islamic book shop.
-Be on the lookout for any proposed Islamic rally where they might trample the American/Israeli flag, and have a strong presence against such.
-Make use of the MEDIA.. alert them to what will be going down, they can amplify whatever we do.

I recently made known to the Media and wrote to the Prime minister about some Muslim hate videos on YOUTUBE.
The following day,
-it was headlines on all major newspapers.
-Prime minister, Opposition leader, Police, Education dept, Lebanese Muslim council spokesperson, were ALL scrambling for relevance in TV interviews, and it became world wide in blogs etc.

"The power of one"

This is one of the video's   

blessings/shalom
BOAZ