Author Topic: JTF'ers Please Help if You Can  (Read 825 times)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
JTF'ers Please Help if You Can
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:26:42 PM »
Hi all!

I was just about to fill out a job application for a government agency, and part of the application was to write an essay. Now, as this would seem to be a simple task, I ran into a brick wall. I was wondering if you could help. The topic is to take a recent international current event and talk about it. I took the so called "Peace Flotilla" from last May. I was doing well until I had to mention Obama. I was wondering, is there any event that I can mention that won't get me a visit from the American Gestapo? Has Obama done ANYTHING right? Thanks guys!

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: JTF'ers Please Help if You Can
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »
Perhaps you should consider a less controversial event. I would suggest Southern Sudan as a topic.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 07:19:36 PM »
Don't write about the Flotilla.  Perhaps you can stick to a tame topic like the economies of Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Greece? 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »
Why does obama have to have done something right?  Will they deny you if you criticize him?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 03:41:43 AM »
Hi all!

I was just about to fill out a job application for a government agency, and part of the application was to write an essay. Now, as this would seem to be a simple task, I ran into a brick wall. I was wondering if you could help. The topic is to take a recent international current event and talk about it. I took the so called "Peace Flotilla" from last May. I was doing well until I had to mention Obama. I was wondering, is there any event that I can mention that won't get me a visit from the American Gestapo? Has Obama done ANYTHING right? Thanks guys!

Just describe how he (mis)handled the situation and don't give an opinion one way or another about those actions.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
The Flotilla seems to be a real touchy subject since we all have to be politically correct in critisizing the Left and Extremists.