Author Topic: Russian Jews  (Read 7742 times)

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
Russian Jews
« on: June 04, 2007, 10:04:17 PM »
Are there any Russian Jews here?

If there are any, please let us know how you heard about JTF.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:17:44 PM by Zvulun ben Moshe »
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: Russian Jews
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
I'm the son of a Russian Jew.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 11:15:41 PM »
My family originally came from Russia, but then they moved to Germany and then to Poland, and then to the States. (Back in the 1800's no less)
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 01:09:13 AM »
I think Zvulun ben Moshe is asking specifically for Russian Jews who were born and lived at least some time of their life in Russia.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 01:20:53 AM »
I think Zvulun ben Moshe is asking specifically for Russian Jews who were born and lived at least some time of their life in Russia.
You are right, but it is great to know the origin of our fellow JTFers.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 02:19:20 AM »
I am a Russian Jew. But I'm not in Russia. Somebody posted a link to this board on Little Green Footballs.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 09:31:07 AM »
My grandparents were from Russia, most of them anyway ;)
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Eitan

• Junior JTFer
  • Kahane was right
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:57:23 PM »
my  father is  from belarus
and  my mom azerbijan
the  made  aliyah in 1979

both of them were  part  of the  soviet  union

i know to speak russian also
becuse when i born they didnt know hebrew ::)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:04:37 AM by eitan »

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 12:48:56 AM »
Fantastic! I was born and raised in Azerbaijan.

How did you guys learn about JTF?

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 09:03:05 AM »

I heard there was relatively little antisemitism in Azerbaijan compared to other republics. Is this true, in your opinion?

Offline Eitan

• Junior JTFer
  • Kahane was right
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:50 AM »

after  second  lebanon  war
i started  to read  about Rabbi Meir Kahane TZ"L HY"D
and  after 2  months  someone  gave link to the  hebrew  fourm
 :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:08:24 PM by eitan »

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 09:49:15 AM »
I am a Russian Jew. But I'm not in Russia. Somebody posted a link to this board on Little Green Footballs.

You don't consider yourself loyal to Russia, do you? 

Few Russian Jews give Kahane or Chaim any credit for helping them get free from the Soviet regime. 

The only purpose for any of them to know anything of the Russian language should be to be aware of how Russia conspires with Iran, Syria, Hamas, etc, to try and destroy Jews.

The same should be said for Jews who have heritage from Iran. 

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »

You don't consider yourself loyal to Russia, do you? 

Few Russian Jews give Kahane or Chaim any credit for helping them get free from the Soviet regime. 

The only purpose for any of them to know anything of the Russian language should be to be aware of how Russia conspires with Iran, Syria, Hamas, etc, to try and destroy Jews.

The same should be said for Jews who have heritage from Iran. 

I am very sad about them conspiring with terrorist muslim countries. I think this is pure suicide. God is not going to like this. In addition, many in the Russian Orthodox Church have a strongly anti-Israeli position. I do love Russian people nonetheless. They are a great people. I hope and pray that they will leave the spiritual sickness of antisemitism behind them.

I strongly suspect that my family was helped by the Kahane organization directly. I won't write why I think so.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 11:34:34 AM »

I am very sad about them conspiring with terrorist muslim countries. I think this is pure suicide. G-d is not going to like this. In addition, many in the Russian Orthodox Church have a strongly anti-Israeli position. I do love Russian people nonetheless. They are a great people. I hope and pray that they will leave the spiritual sickness of antisemitism behind them.

I strongly suspect that my family was helped by the Kahane organization directly. I won't write why I think so.

Russia has always disliked Jews.  So it's a misconception to think it's a recent trend that Russia conspires with terrorist muslim countries.   I think Russia's philosophy was that they rather keep them in the USSR than allow them to go Israel.  They never wanted Israel to exist. 

There are reasons to believe that the USSR started the 1967 war against Israel. 

Israel's government has screwed up by allowing some non-Jewish people into Israel, who came from the former USSR.  Those people hate Jews.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 11:50:48 AM »
I do love Russian people nonetheless.
MY GREAT GRANDFATHER HATED THEM MUCH MORE THEN GERMANS
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »

I heard there was relatively little antisemitism in Azerbaijan compared to other republics. Is this true, in your opinion?

Azerbaijani president lights up minora on Hanukkah.
And that is a Muslim country.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
I do love Russian people nonetheless.
MY GREAT GRANDFATHER HATED THEM MUCH MORE THEN GERMANS

You know, Ukrainians are even worse antisemites then Russians (speaking statistically). And so are Poles and Balts. While arabs are worse antisemites than Eastern Europeans. It's all a matter of degree. I hate antisemitism, but I love Russians. And I do like Germans a lot, as it happens. I don't like arabs, in general. But I'm willing to embrace a righteous Arab as my brother.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 01:47:52 PM »
Israel's government has screwed up by allowing some non-Jewish people into Israel, who came from the former USSR.  Those people hate Jews.

I have heard of this phenomenon you are talking about. There is some kind of Slavic brotherhood in Israel that is fascist and antisemitic. But the great majority of non-Jews from the former USSR are family members of the Jews, and they are not harmful or hateful. I personally know many, who are loyal and patriotic Israelis.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »

I have heard of this phenomenon you are talking about. There is some kind of Slavic brotherhood in Israel that is fascist and antisemitic. But the great majority of non-Jews from the former USSR are family members of the Jews, and they are not harmful or hateful. I personally know many, who are loyal and patriotic Israelis.

You mean in the USSR, Jews intermarried and then brought non-Jews with them to Israel? 

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »
You mean in the USSR, Jews intermarried and then brought non-Jews with them to Israel? 

Yes, exactly.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 02:12:50 PM »

It used to be a very secular society. Now there is some resurgence of islamic fundamentalism. Some women started to wear a hijab and men grew beards. I've heard about this is from some Azeri people who emigrated to the West. They were very unhappy about the situation.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 02:28:20 PM »

It used to be a very secular society. Now there is some resurgence of islamic fundamentalism. Some women started to wear a hijab and men grew beards. I've heard about this is from some Azeri people who emigrated to the West. They were very unhappy about the situation.

What can I say? Azerbaijanis, before they were brutally converted into Islam by Arabs, were partially Christians and Zoroastrians. They call themselves "Muslims by sword" due to the recorded historic fact of the strongest resistance to Arabs. Nowhere else Arabs lost so many men. Later they become Shiite Muslims.

The rebirth of Muslim fundamentalism there has many roots. One of which is the continuing occupation of 20% of their territory by the neighboring Christian Armenia. The Christian West obviously took an unfavorable position of supporting Armenia, who is undoubtedly wrong in this war.

Even Iran, a major Shiite Islamic nation, supported Armenia both financially and militarily.

The reason is, Iran still occupies the so called Southern Azerbaijan, and doesn’t want to see the reunion of the two Azerbaijans.

More than 50% of Iran’s population is Azerbaijanis.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 02:40:14 PM »
Many people do not know that, but I will show you how lying scum the so called Islamic Republic of Iran is when they claim to help their “fellow Muslims”.

Somewhere in 1998, Azerbaijani president Heydar Aliev met a new Iranian ambassador to Azerbaijan. The meeting was broadcasted on the state TV.

There the Iranian guy said to Heydar Aliev something like this:

“Dear president, Azerbaijan is a Muslim country. We find it very troubling that you have both economic and diplomatic relations with Israel. You are aware how brutal they are to our brothers PaIestinians.”

In response, Heydar Aliev said something for which I will respect him forever:

“Azerbaijan does not have a common border with Israel. Nor we are in a war with Israel. Israel did not occupy our territory.

But you, Islamic Republic of Iran, support economically, diplomatically, and even militarily the Christian Armenia, who occupied up to 20% of our territory, caused over 1 million of refugees, tens of thousands of dead.

And YOU telling me I should not have any relations with Israel?”

I think this story should be spread around the world to show how disgusting Iranians are.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 02:49:09 PM by Zvulun ben Moshe »

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 02:44:32 PM »
You should have seen the face of the Iranian guy.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 02:52:38 PM »
The reason is, Iran still occupies the so called Southern Azerbaijan, and doesn’t want to see the reunion of the two Azerbaijans.

Yes, this is a big threat to them. Maybe Azerbaijan should play the "re-unification" card.