Author Topic: What can we do to ease the pain of the surviving Fogels?  (Read 558 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
What can we do to ease the pain of the surviving Fogels?
« on: March 13, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
Imagine yourself in the shoes of that 12 year old girl. You go into your house and you got from room to room and discover 1,2,3,4,5 dead bodies of your loved ones. You see the bodies wasting in their own blood. You smell the damage. You see 2 other family members injured, as well. How does somebody compose themselves to go get help? Forget about moving on and "healing" because only Hashem controls that, but imagine yourself at that very second after seeing what that little girl saw in her house - - - try to pretend it was you chas v'shalom. I watched my stepdad die of cancer, thankfully he didn't suffer much, and I was holding his hand as he took his last breath, but this trumps my tragedy. I know we can't compare and everybody has his/her own test that Hashem gives, but after going through my own tragedy, it was the shock that lingered for months that really caused me the most pain. How is this girl going to get over the shock? The shock. 5 of her family members DEAD before her eyes and it looked absolutely brutal (yes, I saw pictures because we should all see those photos in order to create proper anger and to make it real, as Muman explained). What the hell went through her mind as she went around the house? Did she check their pulse? Did she scream, scream, and keep screaming? How bout after the ambulances and cops came? What the hell was going through her head? I think I'd probably have killed myself if I were her. How and why can she go on? There is only one answer: Hashem. After my stepdad got sick the only thing AND I MEAN THE ONLY THING that got me through it (and that still does) is knowing Hashem is here for me. I might not be able to feel it, but I believe it. Maybe that works if one family member dies of cancer or gets a heart attack or is in an accident, but 5? Including BOTH parents? How? The nightmares are haunting, the days are endless, the nights are filled with hopelessness...... Everything is dark. Are you internalizing it yet. I feel so helpless, all I can do is write about it. It's the only outlet I have. The other thing I can do is pray for the geulah and the speedy recovery of the mourners. But no matter what, all I can keep saying over and over is Hashem runs the world and I don't question Him.
Sure we can all send her money, billions of dollars won't do drek for her. Materials won't help her. I'm sure she will be looked after along with her siblings, but what the hell is the point of going on? Her life was essentially taken from her.....I hope I am wrong.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: What can we do to ease the pain of the surviving Fogels?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
I also feel that pain... You did a great job expressing that feeling...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 09:57:52 PM »
Has anyone from JTF been in contact with them? Do we have plans?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 10:20:07 PM »
Has anyone from JTF been in contact with them? Do we have plans?
I don't know what the financial situation is with the surviving  Fogels  however if JTF wants to start a collection for them  I will toss in the first 25 bucks.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:42:11 PM »
I don't know what the financial situation is with the surviving  Fogels  however if JTF wants to start a collection for them  I will toss in the first 25 bucks.
Yes, I think that would be a good idea. Maybe Chaim can find out for us since he has the connections? I feel so freakin helpless! It's not fair! I want to do something!