Author Topic: Sefardi Chief Rabbis: good & bad  (Read 8364 times)

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
Sefardi Chief Rabbis: good & bad
« on: June 09, 2007, 04:43:44 PM »
Former Sefardi Chief Rabbis Ovadiya Yosef and Mordechai Eliyahu dress the same and look similar.

But politically they are poles apart.

Chaim says that one is a "completely insane, senile degenerate" and that the other is a tzaddik gamur.

Is it known what they think or say about eachother?

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
Re: Sefardi Chief Rabbis: good & bad
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 09:41:32 PM »
They are both Tzaddikim Gemurim.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 09:45:55 PM »
Mordechai Eliyahu
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 01:05:52 AM »
There obviously can be good and bad in any religious field, including at the very top. How many hundreds of years was Catholicism dominated by wickedly anti-Semitic and Crusadist jihad pontiffs?

Therefore, it only goes to show that chief rabbis can also vary dramatically in character.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 01:26:32 AM »
Rabbi Eliyahu is a mystic, mekubal. Rabbi Yosef is a halachic, talmudic genius, and the psak for sephardim.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 01:29:43 AM »
What is a mystic mekubal?

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 01:39:36 AM »
The study of Kabbalah. Not the Kabbalah of Madonna, Britney Spears, and these other pieces of trash, but real Kabbalah that only a selected few people from a generation are allowed to study, and practice. To study Kabbalah you have to be over 40 years of age, learned on the ENTIRE Tanach, Shas, have a beard, and be a man. Only a selected few rabbis can study this mystic art, and whoever studys it without being allowed, harm will come onto them. A great book on kabbalah even for goyim, is Faith and Folly: by: Rabbi Yaakov Hillel. In hebrew it is called "Tamim Tihiye" by the same rabbi.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 01:58:38 AM »
Dominater don't refer to gentiles as goyim on here. Even though the word is not inherently derogatory but I believe you are using it as such.  Rabbi Ovadia Yosef has just sold the the jews out again with his enthusiastic support of shimon peresite. Not surprised as ovadia also wants to surrender Jerusalem. The official platform of shas is that you are allowed to give away land for peace. That is all we need to know. Ovadia Yosef is a traitor and he might be a scholar but it does him no good. 
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »
I meant no disrespect by using the word goy, goyim means nations in hebrew. And thats what Hacham Ovadia believes to be the halacha. If giving away land= saving people, then you can give away land. And Ovadia Yosef is in no way, shape, or form, a traitor.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:10:54 AM by Dominater96 »

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 02:20:36 AM »
I meant no disrespect by using the word goy, goyim means nations in hebrew. And thats what Hacham Ovadia believes to be the halacha. If giving away land= saving people, then you can give away land. And Ovadia Yosef is in no way, shape, or form, a traitor.
Ovadia said that anyone who votes for his party is going to Gan Eden, while those who don't are going to hell. Please, separate his politics, which are traitorous, from his halachot, which are actually quite good. He might be a talmid hakham, but I wouldn't put his picture up in my house.
Where did he say this? And you torah is on a higher level than politics.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 02:22:51 AM »
I suggest you guys look in their eyes. They will reveal to you everything.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 02:43:42 AM »
How do you separate halacha from politics? The guy believes saving Arab life comes before everything else--how does that not reflect on his Torah skills?

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 02:44:59 AM »
How do you separate halacha from politics? The guy believes saving Arab life comes before everything else--how does that not reflect on his Torah skills?
You are a real idiot if you believe that Hacham Ovadia believes that. Does the rabbi believe that? NO. Dont be a liar.And he believes JEWISH life come before everything, not Arab life. And dont call the rabbi "guy". Have some respect for the Jewish religion, and call the rabbi by his proper name. Rabbi Yosef, or Hacham Ovadia.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 02:49:27 AM by Dominater96 »

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 02:47:36 AM »
Mods, how long will you tolerate this? This is a Jewish forum isnt it?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 03:40:26 AM »
Dominater, you are correct expect Rav Mordechai Eliyahu HaTzadik is also great in Halacha, you (and all Jews) should learn his perush on the Shulchan Aruch. I remember that on his death bed Rav Kaduri said we should follow Rav Mordechai Eliyahu shlita in all things.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2007, 03:53:11 AM »
Mods, how long will you tolerate this? This is a Jewish forum isnt it?
I've about had it with you. First you insult me, by telling me that I am going to hell in a previous post for criticizing Ovadia, and then you insult the goyim like Chaimfan on this forum by telling them they have no right to criticize him. Here is what the tzaddik had to say on all the Jewish BLOOD MONEY he recieved: "A little is not enough for us. We want more and more – not only Torah but also good deeds. Four years ago we managed to get a big budget, build 138 mikvehs and renovate another 156 around the country. We installed beautiful tiles; even Achashverosh’s floor wasn't that nice.

btw, here is where he said that all those who vote for shas go to gan eden, but those that don't go to hell. http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3229425,00.html
No, under Halacha Goyim do not have the right to criticize Gedolai Yisrael. May those Goyim who attack the Tzadikim have their mouths fill with dust and their hands never write again.
Ramban

Offline Dominater96

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2007, 04:20:13 AM »
Can you read? Did Rabbi Ovadia Yosef say those words?????? NO he didnt another Shas leader did.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2007, 08:26:03 AM »
So us 2nd class gentiles aren't allowed to question Ovadia Yosef on anything he does and if we do, we should burn in hell and have our hands turn to dust, etc, etc? If this attitude is tolerated, why should gentiles support this forum? Really. People like kahaneloyalist and dominator love to attack us, condemn our faith and call us nasty terms like goyim. I'm bloody sick of it! Either we're equals or not. He's one of the most learned in the world on these matters. I don't question Rav Yosef's halachic knowledge. But if we cannot even question his politics without getting "burn in hell" proclamations from some people then what are we doing here?

I'm sorry but I'm still hot over when kahaneloyalist accused my savior Jesus Christ of being an informer and in league with the Romans who put him on the cross.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 08:29:45 AM by thunderbolt »
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2007, 09:21:21 AM »
So us 2nd class gentiles aren't allowed to question Ovadia Yosef on anything he does and if we do, we should burn in hell and have our hands turn to dust, etc, etc? If this attitude is tolerated, why should gentiles support this forum? Really. People like kahaneloyalist and dominator love to attack us, condemn our faith and call us nasty terms like goyim. I'm bloody sick of it! Either we're equals or not. He's one of the most learned in the world on these matters. I don't question Rav Yosef's halachic knowledge. But if we cannot even question his politics without getting "burn in hell" proclamations from some people then what are we doing here?

I'm sorry but I'm still hot over when kahaneloyalist accused my savior Jesus Christ of being an informer and in league with the Romans who put him on the cross.
Do what you want, but I am still "hot" over you calling for the death of Jews who condemn Jesus and Christianity, and you are a Goy, it just means non-Jew. If I wanted to insult you there are many words I could use that actually are insults.
Ramban

ftf

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »

Do what you want, but I am still "hot" over you calling for the death of Jews who condemn Jesus and Christianity, and you are a Goy, it just means non-Jew. If I wanted to insult you there are many words I could use that actually are insults.
kahaneloyalist, where did thunderbolt call for the death of Jews for insulting Jesus, give me a quote.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 10:21:02 AM »
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?topic=4667.0

This Jewish kid in the video should be executed. Nowhere in the Torah does it say to hate gentiles and bar them from being in Israel. If a state were to arise with this kind of attitude it would be just as against G-d as the current Israel state. It would be destroyed by G-d.

I believe he originally said such Jews should be killed but modified his post later on.

What is the JTF board position on Jews who openly hate Christianity? Can this be clarified please? I don't want to get into trouble by saying terrible things should happen to these evil Jews. I find it very hypocritical that people are crying about hoping for bad Jews to die as opposed to Christians and other peoples. IMO A Jew who says he's happy that Christ died and that Christians are scum is an evil person.

Ramban

ftf

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2007, 10:23:10 AM »
I think that you are overstating what he said. I will talk to him about it though.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »
There is no need, I believe Jimmy has already addressed the issue
Ramban

ftf

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »
If so, why are you still complaining.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2007, 11:17:57 AM »
If so, why are you still complaining.

You asked where thunderbolt said to kill Jews, and my first comment was in response to his anger at my statements about Jesus
Ramban