Author Topic: Is Everyone Here As Sick As Hearing About The Royal Wedding As I Am?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
My sister has been watching Access Hollywood every night.  And that's all they're covering.  You would think Hollyweird dropped off the face of the earth, the way they're all going on about Prince William, Kate Middleton, Princess Diana, etc.  I'm sick of it.  Who would want to marry into such a hideous family?  And more importantly, why is this even considered news worthy? 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Is Everyone Here As Sick As Hearing About The Royal Wedding As I Am?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 12:35:42 AM »
Heck Yes!

And yet I have not read one single article nor watched one single video about the event. I am just sick of every other article on the web being about this travesty. My mother, who I spoke to earlier this week, said she is sick of it... But she knows more about it than I do, and yet I know who was 'snubbed' by not being invited... Like I really care?

I do remember the gala wedding of Charles and Diana, when I was in my mid teens. Back then it was all incredible, but with the passage of time, their divorce and the eventual fall of the princess... I really don't think it is worth it to invest any time or energy on such things...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:52 AM »

I completely share your feelings. As far as I'm concerned, I carefully avoid mainstream entertainment and news reports and I haven't watched television for years so I don't have to put up with the promotion of the royal wedding.
The brainwashing and stupefying effect of the media on the masses is certainly one of the main reasons why the world is in a state of confusion.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 04:48:05 AM »
It is a global mental torture. Here, in Serbia, for days media reports about it.
And no one here is interested about that. What we(non-British) have to do with those two parasites...?

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 07:15:44 AM »

7/7 all the way

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 08:28:06 AM »
What royal wedding? You mean charles williams and mandy middlesomething?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 09:03:40 AM »
I have an idea. Why not just change the damn channel. It's not that hard. If you did not want to hear about it on tv you either change the channel or turn the tv off.
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
This will make you feel better Lisa

Enjoy

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 03:18:23 PM »
I have an idea. Why not just change the damn channel. It's not that hard. If you did not want to hear about it on tv you either change the channel or turn the tv off.

You're right about that, but it's harder to avoid other people talking about it. One of the benefits I have of an overnight shift is that I'm not around as many people. Plus I don't think the vast majority of people here care about this either.

The only feelings I have about the royal family is that they betray their own country by being so left wing.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
Exactly, only a fool would harp on this anti-Semitic nonsense. BTW, according to sources our precious white virgin bride Middleton is already knocked-up.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 08:49:30 PM »
Exactly, only a fool would harp on this anti-Semitic nonsense. BTW, according to sources our precious white virgin bride Middleton is already knocked-up.
If you're getting "sources" from gossip site I doubt it is a real source

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 01:36:40 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/10187

A Royal Wedding-Holy Matrimony!
by Yonatan Sredni

What does it mean to be 'holy'? The author muses about that question in light of the Royal Wedding, this week's Torah portion and the upcoming memorial days for the holy martyrs of Israel.
If you were a fan of the old 'Batman' TV seriesyou are certainly familiar with the Caped Crusader's loyal sidekick and crime fighting partner, Robin. While Batman was always poised and in control of his emotions, Robin was a highly excitable young man. Throughout their exploits, Robin would often discover something completely unbelievable. On these occasions, he would exclaim, "Holy (insert words here), Batman!"

Of course, if the Dynamic Duo crashed the extravagant 'Royal Wedding' of Prince William and Kate Middleton this weekend in London, Robin could not help himself but exclaim, 'Holy matrimony, Batman!'

Unfortunately, the term 'holy' is thrown around too casually these days. I've heard baseball radio announcers use it to describe amazing plays on the diamond with phrases like 'HOLY COW!' or 'HOLY TOLEDO!' Another variation used by Jews and non-Jews alike is 'HOLY MOSES!'

This week's parsha, aptly named 'Kedoshim', opens with the command: “Be Kadosh (holy), because I, your G-d, am Kadosh." But what does that mean? How does one achieve 'holiness'? How can we be 'kedoshim'?

I believe part of the answer can be found in the very next verse. First comes the verse, “Be Kadosh, because I, your G-d, am Kadosh." Then the next  verse says, "Ish imo v'aviv tira'u". One should revere his mother and father. (Lev. 19:3).

In the Talmud, the commandment to honor one's parents is compared to honoring God. The Talmud says that since there are three partners in the creation of a person (God and two parents), honor showed to parents is the same as honor shown to God. The commandment, to honor one's parents is repeated many times throughout the Torah.

This Shabbat, Parshat Kedoshim is also closely followed by Yom HaShoa, the day commemorating the six million "Kedoshim" who perished in the Holocaust. Can we perhaps also apply this idea to them? I think so. 'Honor' comes is many forms. Anything and everything we do on this day which 'honors', remembers, and pays respect to those six million 'kedoshim', whether it's standing in silent reflection together as a national (as we do in Israel) for two minutes, reciting Psalms and Kaddish, lighting a Yizkor candle, or even just thinking about them, brings 'honor' (kavod) to the memories of those 'kedoshim'.

And what about the Royal Couple? Well, I wish them much happiness, but most importantly, I hope they take the idea of 'holy matrimony' seriously. In Judaism marriage is called 'Kidushin' for a reason. It is derived from the word 'kadosh' – holy, and this describes quite accurately the Jewish attitude towardmarriage because it is indeed 'holy'. I hope William and Kate not only respect each other, but also respect their parents and grandparents

We all know that the reward the Torah ascribes to one who honors their parents is long life.

With that in mind, I can truly say, "Long the live the Prince!"

And of course, his lovely bride too.

Offline Kerber

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 05:56:28 PM »
Royals 'Congratulated' By Libyan Children

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
What wedding?
I didn't even notice it.
I don't pay any attention to these things.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 09:45:17 PM »
I'm so sick of this garbage... Can we get some real news, that matter?!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011, 10:20:52 PM »

I also have an idea. 

Why don't *you* pay attention before posting. 

In my post, I mentioned my sister, who was the one watching the festivities on tv.  Now being that I live with her, I don't think it would have gone well for me to just walk over and change the channel as she was watching the wedding news. 

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2011, 10:31:23 PM »
I also have an idea. 

Why don't *you* pay attention before posting. 

In my post, I mentioned my sister, who was the one watching the festivities on tv.  Now being that I live with her, I don't think it would have gone well for me to just walk over and change the channel as she was watching the wedding news. 

Did I quote you when I made the comment? NO.
It was directed at people who watch it and complain.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 10:35:48 PM »
Yeah right.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 01:45:49 AM »
Less than 100 years ago there was no TV. My grandfather only had a radio and, as he lived in the country and couldn't go to town very often for batteries, he only listened to the news in the morning. And now poeple complain if ONE day there is something they don't like on TV.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 01:50:48 AM »
At least as far as I can tell this isn't getting the massive coverage of Michael Jackson

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 05:17:30 AM »
This will make you feel better Lisa

htp:/ww.youtube.omwach?v=7m6vHQao

Enjoy

I can't stand seinfeld. If have occasionally seen some parts of it, but those parts where he stands on the stage, supposedly being a standup comedian... it's pathetic. He says things that aren't even funny. He slowly develops his sentences and then it supposedly is funny? I hate his guts.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 07:03:22 AM »
I can't stand seinfeld. If have occasionally seen some parts of it, but those parts where he stands on the stage, supposedly being a standup comedian... it's pathetic. He says things that aren't even funny. He slowly develops his sentences and then it supposedly is funny? I hate his guts.
I never really watched his show when it was on TV... I would only catch part of it now and then flipping through the stations... The show actually seemed funny at times ... It's a strange humor that I think goes over most peoples heads that never lived here in New York... I think Seinfeld has carried this over to his stand up comedy... The man must have something going for him because he is said to be quite well off...As far the Royal Family goes the event is the story of the day...We may not care for the royals but it seems a lot of people do... 2/3 of the stuff on the TV now days is not fit to watch however at least with this event people get some entertainment and pageantry... It is honestly no worse than watching the news endlessly reporting  Trump's birth certificate comedy or the ongoing mess in Libya.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years