Author Topic: High school kid named Osama  (Read 31596 times)

Imerica

Re: High school kid named Osama
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2007, 03:11:53 AM »
You know what? I would recommend this kid's parents to change his name to Chaim.

I put money that he will be respected beyond the skies, if other kids knew of Chaim ben Pesach.

But if you feel differently, why won't you call your son Osama? Really... Just for experiment.
I don't have a son... Not sure how Osama would look on the 5 girls I have. So no dice. If I had a son, though I don't think I'd name him Osama though. There aren't any black men, that I know of, who would be able to pull that name off. I would name my son after my husband though. I have one daughter who has the female version of my husband's first name as her middle name.

On second thought... why don't I just name the next child "OATMEAL". I like oatmeal. :) There's nothing threatening about the name and its good for you. :) *Lame attempt at being funny...sorry, its late.* lol

Hey, your joke is really funny, but if you don't mind, I'll do the ha-ha part tomorrow; too late now.
You're too kind. lmao. :D I'll laugh tomorrow also...right now I have to put my 2 year-old to bed.  G'nite everyone.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2007, 07:21:44 AM »
You know what? I would recommend this kid's parents to change his name to Chaim.

I put money that he will be respected beyond the skies, if other kids knew of Chaim ben Pesach.

But if you feel differently, why won't you call your son Osama? Really... Just for experiment.
I don't have a son... Not sure how Osama would look on the 5 girls I have. So no dice. If I had a son, though I don't think I'd name him Osama though. There aren't any black men, that I know of, who would be able to pull that name off. I would name my son after my husband though. I have one daughter who has the female version of my husband's first name as her middle name.

On second thought... why don't I just name the next child "OATMEAL". I like oatmeal. :) There's nothing threatening about the name and its good for you. :) *Lame attempt at being funny...sorry, its late.* lol

Seven!  Seven Costanza!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Imerica

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2007, 12:28:27 PM »

Seven!  Seven Costanza!
I know of one Neo-Soul artist who had a son and named him Seven. Erykah Badu. (His father is actually Andre Benjamin of Outkast. ) The reason she named him Seven is because 'seven is a devine number' . I didn't get that exactly but I respect her right to name her children what she wants to. She later had a daughter who she named Puma.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2007, 01:57:15 PM »

Seven!  Seven Costanza!
I know of one Neo-Soul artist who had a son and named him Seven. Erykah Badu. (His father is actually Andre Benjamin of Outkast. ) The reason she named him Seven is because 'seven is a devine number' . I didn't get that exactly but I respect her right to name her children what she wants to. She later had a daughter who she named Puma.

or Soda, or Ketchup...

Or Mug...Mug Costanza!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Imerica

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2007, 02:00:30 PM »

Seven!  Seven Costanza!

or Soda, or Ketchup...

Or Mug...Mug Costanza!
How about "Whatumacallit"? lol

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2007, 03:23:43 PM »
I'll humor you a little by reiterating what I was saying. YOU and some of your friends here bashed a young person because his name is Osama. Then you likened him to the terrorist, Osama Bin Laden. THEN you a few others called the boy a camel jockey and other anti muslim names. When I brought Chaim's name into the fold, it was to make the same points YOU made. Would you get angry at someone who made fun of a child who's name would happen to be Chaim because of what they know about his stint in jail? Do you think it would be fair to punish a child ( Chaim)  for the choices (Adult) Chaim Ben Pesach made?

You're making less and less sense by the minute. Whether you like it or not, average Americans see a huge difference between Chaim's act of heroism and bin Laden's mass murder. I know you think what Chaim did was worse than bin Laden somehow, but not too many people are going to agree with you.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2007, 03:57:44 PM »
Re:  "...Seven!  Seven Costanza!..."

Pep-sickoluh
Ko-Ko-luh
Ter-sel
Toy-yote-uh
O-ran-jeluh
Ate (after Seven)
Coat-45
Drank
Aks-uh-dent

Allen-T

« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2007, 04:09:36 PM »
At one time, it looked like Erica was at least slightly interested in learning about us and why we believe what we do. This latest jewel from her dung-covered fingers shows her true colors for all to see.

The question will be what the admins do now.

She's a spy. She's keeping tabs. When I suggested that to her she laughed as if that's the last thing JTF would ever attract. Of course not ???

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2007, 05:56:01 PM »
At one time, it looked like Erica was at least slightly interested in learning about us and why we believe what we do. This latest jewel from her dung-covered fingers shows her true colors for all to see.

She's a spy. She's keeping tabs. When I suggested that to her she laughed as if that's the last thing JTF would ever attract. Of course not ???

you and your conspiracies...she is just a much a "spy" as anyone else on this forum...

Joe Schmo

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2007, 07:12:30 PM »

What??? and further ???...

First of all, Osama Bin Laden wasn't the FIRST OSAMA EVER BORN. Osama might have been the child's Grandfather's name. How would you feel if everytime someone name a child Chaim (of which I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands in the Jewish community)...but everytime said child went to school, people likened him to Chaim Ben Pechach (sp?) , a man who spent time in jail for something horrible. What would you say?

What did Chaim do that was horrible?
According to http://www.answers.com/topic/chaim-ben-pesach

In 1971, at the age of 14, he joined the Jewish Defense League. He eventually became the JDL National Chairman in September 1978. He had to step down in December 1978 after he went to jail for bombing Egyptian targets in an effort to stop the Israeli retreat from the Sinai Peninsula. After his release and upon the completion of his probation in July 1983, he rejoined JDL. In 1984, he eventually became Chairman again and, in an effort to influence the Soviet Union to allow Jewish emigration, in the 1980s, he bombed Soviet diplomatic targets in New York and tear-gassed a ballet performance at Lincoln Center that featured Soviet performers. He continued as JDL Chairman until his arrest in 1987. He pleaded guilty in connection with six bombings and was sentenced to ten years but served five and a half before being released on probation.

I know.  What did he do that was horrible?

Imerica

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2007, 08:09:37 PM »
I'll humor you a little by reiterating what I was saying. YOU and some of your friends here bashed a young person because his name is Osama. Then you likened him to the terrorist, Osama Bin Laden. THEN you a few others called the boy a camel jockey and other anti muslim names. When I brought Chaim's name into the fold, it was to make the same points YOU made. Would you get angry at someone who made fun of a child who's name would happen to be Chaim because of what they know about his stint in jail? Do you think it would be fair to punish a child ( Chaim)  for the choices (Adult) Chaim Ben Pesach made?

You're making less and less sense by the minute. Whether you like it or not, average Americans see a huge difference between Chaim's act of heroism and bin Laden's mass murder. I know you think what Chaim did was worse than bin Laden somehow, but not too many people are going to agree with you.
You know NOTHING. I didn't say that what Chaim did was worse than Bin Laden's actions. Bin Laden's attrocities were a whole lot WORSE than Chaim's actions , which he was man enough to serve his time for. I hate it when people put words I never said into posts.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
  • A Party to the Eternal Covenant
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »

First of all, Osama Bin Laden wasn't the FIRST OSAMA EVER BORN. Osama might have been the child's Grandfather's name. How would you feel if everytime someone name a child Chaim (of which I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands in the Jewish community)...but everytime said child went to school, people likened him to Chaim Ben Pechach (sp?) , a man who spent time in jail for something horrible. What would you say?

In 1971, at the age of 14, he joined the Jewish Defense League. He eventually became the JDL National Chairman in September 1978. He had to step down in December 1978 after he went to jail for bombing Egyptian targets in an effort to stop the Israeli retreat from the Sinai Peninsula. After his release and upon the completion of his probation in July 1983, he rejoined JDL. In 1984, he eventually became Chairman again and, in an effort to influence the Soviet Union to allow Jewish emigration, in the 1980s, he bombed Soviet diplomatic targets in New York and tear-gassed a ballet performance at Lincoln Center that featured Soviet performers. He continued as JDL Chairman until his arrest in 1987. He pleaded guilty in connection with six bombings and was sentenced to ten years but served five and a half before being released on probation.

Scriabin, you gotta understand whom you are talking to.

For Erica (and she will agree with me. Right, Erica?) Chaim was wrong by not killing anyone, by not raping anyone, and by not robbing anyone. For her this is abnormal.
I am Zvulun ben Moshe and I approve this message.

Imerica

« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2007, 08:23:08 PM »

you and your conspiracies...she is just a much a "spy" as anyone else on this forum...
Allen and Judea actually suggested that I come here. So how in the hell am I a spy? (That's for Allen, Danny)_

Joe Schmo

« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »

For Erica (and she will agree with me. Right, Erica?) Chaim was wrong by not killing anyone, by not raping anyone, and by not robbing anyone. For her this is abnormal.

You're right Zvulun...It's like reasoning with a brick wall.

Imerica

« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2007, 08:25:58 PM »

No I don't agree with you. He helped to set off bombs. I don't see how that's a good thing at all. I never said he should have raped or killed anyone but his actions could very well have done so. He served his time.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »

Allen and Judea actually suggested that I come here. So how in the hell am I a spy? (That's for Allen, Danny)_
I agree with you on that one Imerica. You were most definitely invited to the JTF forum.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2007, 08:35:15 PM »

No I don't agree with you. He helped to set off bombs. I don't see how that's a good thing at all. I never said he should have raped or killed anyone but his actions could very well have done so. He served his time.

Do you drive, Erica?

Imerica

« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »

Do you drive, Erica?
Yes, I do. Why?

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2007, 08:37:59 PM »
Have you ever hit another car or person, while driving?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2007, 08:38:37 PM »

Do you drive, Erica?

She almost killed some poor motorcyclist.

Imerica

« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2007, 08:41:08 PM »
Thankfully I haven't. I had a close one a few weeks ago but there was no contact.

Imerica

« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2007, 08:42:42 PM »

Do you drive, Erica?

She almost killed some poor motorcyclist.
That was uncalled for, really. I actually admitted that to Zvulun. It was an accident. I turned too widely and didn't see the cyclist in my blind spot. It was totally my fault and I owned up to it.

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2007, 08:43:56 PM »
Thankfully I haven't. I had a close one a few weeks ago but there was no contact.
There was no contact? Great. But it could have occurred, right?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 08:47:12 PM by Zvulun ben Moshe »

Offline Zvulun Ben Moshe

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2007, 09:06:43 PM »
You see? You are using the same hypothetical reasoning.

You may say that even if you killed the guy, you at least did not do that intentionally.

Then I would say, can you prove me that was the intent of Chaim. And the answer is no. He did his time for political protesting.

By the way, if you lived in Russia, you would have gone to jail for killing or even injuring someone on the road. There was no insurance there.

Now, what is the chance of a mass murder occurence when you crash a plane into a skyscraper?

99.99%. Right?

Osama is a bad guy. You and Chaim are good guys.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 12:56:41 AM by Zvulun ben Moshe »

Imerica

« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2007, 09:09:50 PM »
There was no contact? Great. But it could have occurred, right?
You're right, but the difference between the accident and Chaim is that I didn't set out to hurt anyone. I went to pick my stepdaughter up from school and turned too widly out into the road. It was my fault. Chaim knew that there would be a possibility that someone could get hurt by his actions, and he did it anyway. The similarity though is that both Chaim and I owned up to what we'd done.