Author Topic: Archie Bunker meets the JDL  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
Archie Bunker meets the JDL
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:58:18 PM »
Not quite, but the implication is clear. 

I heard this scene mentioned here on the board a few weeks ago and found it on youtube.   There's a clear left-wing slant, and a sad ending for JTF'ers, but I thought it was well acted on all parts even though I don't watch much t.v. anymore.   Enjoy.

Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Allen-T

Re: Archie Bunker meets the JDL
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:19:49 PM »
Not quite, but the implication is clear. 

I heard this scene mentioned here on the board a few weeks ago and found it on youtube.   There's a clear left-wing slant, and a sad ending for JTF'ers, but I thought it was well acted on all parts even though I don't watch much t.v. anymore.   Enjoy.

Thanks, I was the one who posted about that!

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »
That was such a great show, when you watch All in the Family it is obvious how the quality of TV has gone downhill.
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Joe Schmo

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 07:42:24 PM »
That was such a great show, when you watch All in the Family it is obvious how the quality of TV has gone downhill.

But it was SO leftist!

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 07:46:54 PM »
Thats true, it was pretty Leftist, I suppose that was the true danger, a great show that also pushes evil ideas
Ramban

Imerica

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 08:23:49 PM »
I loved "All In The Family" and I equally loved the fact that politics and civil rights were worked into the script. Some of the shows [censored] me off royally... not a big fan of people like Archie Bunker ...but it was one of the first examples I'd seen that made me socially aware.  That episode, I remember very well, because I cried at the end. I was probably too young to know what was really going on but having heard the bomb go off in Paul's car, I knew something bad had happened. That was a sad episode...and its even sadder that there are people here, Chaim included who'd go the route Paul went then feel invincible; as if nothing bad could happen to them.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 08:26:41 PM »
I loved "All In The Family" and I equally loved the fact that politics and civil rights were worked into the script. Some of the shows [censored] me off royally... not a big fan of people like Archie Bunker ...but it was one of the first examples I'd seen that made me socially aware.  That episode, I remember very well, because I cried at the end. I was probably too young to know what was really going on but having heard the bomb go off in Paul's car, I knew something bad had happened. That was a sad episode...and its even sadder that there are people here, Chaim included who'd go the route Paul went then feel invincible; as if nothing bad could happen to them.

Erica, you're incoherent.  I have NO idea what you're talking about.

And you're one of the smart ones!  ;D

Imerica

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 08:33:26 PM »

I'm incoherent because I don't agree with you? What I'm talking about is crystal clear in the post.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »

I'm incoherent because I don't agree with you? What I'm talking about is crystal clear in the post.

No.  I have no problem agreeing with something so long as I understand it.

Why did the show '[censored] you off royally'?  Because of Archie Bunker?  He was the idiot of the show!  ALL the jokes were on him while the blacks could do no wrong.

Who is paul?  What are you talking about?!

Crystal clear my butt!

Allen-T

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 09:17:54 PM »

Where do you get the idea Chaim feels invincible? I don't get that impression at all. He does what is right and seems well aware of the risk involved.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »

Where do you get the idea Chaim feels invincible? I don't get that impression at all. He does what is right and seems well aware of the risk involved.

It's not that he thinks he's invincible. 

He's not afraid of Death.

Offline strangelove

• New JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2007, 09:28:06 PM »
hahah that video was hilarious. Those left-wingers :D but the ending was sad.

Imerica

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »

Why did the show '[censored] you off royally'?  Because of Archie Bunker?  He was the idiot of the show!  ALL the jokes were on him while the blacks could do no wrong.

Crystal clear my butt!
First of all I said SOME of the shows [censored] me off royally because of the racist remarks, especially when the Jeffersons moved next door to them. Archie, the antagonist of the show, started a petition to get them kicked out. .. YES that [censored] me off... he wound up learning, at the end of the show that you can't judge a book by its color but look at the way we're living today. The same things are happening in affluent neighborhoods where the residents feel as if their property taxes would plummet if blacks lived amongst the rest of the neighbors.

As for "Who is Paul"...don't make it seem as if I'm talking out of my arse... Did you even watch the video mentioned in the very first post in this thread? Obviously not. Once you watch it, you'll know who Paul is on that episode.

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2007, 11:13:57 PM »
Scriabin, even though All in the Family was Leftist it was a lot funnier then anything on TV today.
Ramban

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2007, 11:18:47 PM »
It was the biggest thing on TV back then. It was a must see each week and keep in mind back then we had no VCR's if you missed it that was it.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Imerica

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
Scriabin, even though All in the Family was Leftist it was a lot funnier then anything on TV today.
I think it comes on in an hour here... around 10pm on TV Land. I enjoy the show...it does bring out the liberal in me. :)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 01:05:55 AM »

Crystal clear my butt!
First of all I said SOME of the shows [censored] me off royally because of the racist remarks, especially when the Jeffersons moved next door to them. Archie, the antagonist of the show, started a petition to get them kicked out. .. YES that [censored] me off... he wound up learning, at the end of the show that you can't judge a book by its color but look at the way we're living today. The same things are happening in affluent neighborhoods where the residents feel as if their property taxes would plummet if blacks lived amongst the rest of the neighbors.

As for "Who is Paul"...don't make it seem as if I'm talking out of my arse... Did you even watch the video mentioned in the very first post in this thread? Obviously not. Once you watch it, you'll know who Paul is on that episode.

You're right Erica.  I didn't watch the video.  I apologize.