Author Topic: Which Arab to Believe? Shoebat or Mossab Yousef?  (Read 3186 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Which Arab to Believe? Shoebat or Mossab Yousef?
« on: May 17, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
This story is very convoluted and it is hard to tell who is right and who is wrong. Recently someone posted here at JTF the story that the 'Son of Hamas', an arab who was the son of the leader of Hamas, who claims to have defected and helped the Israeli secret service {Shin Bet}.... But recently Walid Shoebat, another arab who claims to have defected from his past terrorist ways, has thrown some question into whether Mossab isn't really a 'double agent' continuing to work for the Hamas and pretending to help the Shin Bet.

Today I see an article on Arutz Sheva which is purportedly written by a Shin Bet agent which calls Walid Shoebat out, and calls him a liar and a deceptive agent. Apparently this Shin Bet agent throws some doubt on the entirety of Walid Shoebats story, even questioning whether he ever was a 'terrorist' as he claims he was.

I am a bit confused about the whole story. I don't know who comes out ahead in this whole megillah...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/10247

Shame on You, Walid Shoebat
Iyar 13, 5771, 17 May 11 09:44
by Gonen Ben-Itzhak

(Israelnationalnews.com) Editor's note: INN posted an article on the controversy over Mosab Hassan Yousef (author of Son of Hamas) authenticity. Walid Shoebat claimed that Mosab, who wrote a book about his life as an Israeli agent,  was actually a double agent. For the story of Mosab, click here. For the link to the article reporting the accusations against him, click here.

Mosab Hassan Yousef worked as an Israeli agent for about ten years. When I met him, he was a young and wild Palestinian. Over the years, I watched him become one of the most important players in the bloody intelligence game in the West Bank.

Mosab was never a yes-man. He had strong beliefs and character, and he never made any attempt to flatter anyone.

Last week, I read an article by one, Walid Shoebat, who claims to have been a PLO terrorist who bombed Bank Leumi in Bethlehem. Yet, I never heard his name before, never saw his name in any Israeli intelligence files, and there is no record of any such attack.

I found it strange that, while his brothers and sisters are being slaughtered in Syria, Libya, Egypt, and Yemen, Mr. Shoebat’s biggest concern seems to be a year-old television interview. He claims to be a great supporter of Israel, but where was he and what was he doing during the Second Intifada? While Mosab was risking his life day and night, Mr. Shoebat was busy collecting donations with his 800 number.

Mosab Hassan Yousef does not need to prove anything. He has proved it a thousand times over by fighting terror and paying an unreasonably high personal price for his convictions.

As part of my job as an Israeli Shin-Bet agent, I visited many times the Masqubiyeh Prison. Reading Mr. Shoebat’s description of the place, I can only say,Mr. Shoebat, you know nothing of the Masqubiyeh!

Mr. Shoebat is playing a dirty game. As a native Arab speaker, he knows that Arabic is much more than spoken words. In order to understand the meaning of a statement, one must also understand the Arab mentality and culture and the social and political realities.

Mosab's goal was never to recruit people for the Israeli Shin-Bet. His goal is to build bridges, to help his Palestinian brothers see the truth and understand the meaninglessness and futility of violence. I know this, because we talk about it together almost every single day. How many times have you spoken with Mosab, Mr. Shoebat? Or do you think you know a man’s thoughts and the motives of his heart by listening to a television interview?

Mosab helped Israel more than anyone can believe. This is why the Israeli Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee wrote him a letter of gratitude, perhaps the first of its kind in Israeli history. But somehow Walid Shoebat knows something Israeli officials missed? He knows something members of the U.S. Congress missed? He is smarter than the former director of the CIA, smarter than Jewish leaders in the United States?

I am a trained intelligence officer, with degrees in business, law, and psychology and extensive experience in the world of lies and deception. I can smell a fraud and recognize a fake hero on the spot. During his service, Mosab never lied to us, and believe me, we had all the tools and the means to find out.

Unlike Walid Shoebat, Mosab did not commit fictitious crimes against Israel. And unlike Mr. Shoebat, Mosab served hard time in prison and paid for what he did.

Yes, sometimes he criticizes Israel, like any Israeli, like me. He is no blind follower. He is an intelligent, thoughtful man of conviction and integrity. Mosab Hassan Yousef was a member of a team that risked their lives for Israel, and as such, he earned the right to think independently, criticize the things he believes to be wrong, and support what he believes to right. That is what it means to love Israel, not making speeches and soliciting donations.

Mosab loves the USA but dreams about going back to Israel. I look forward to the moment he will return. My house will also be his, because he is part of our proud family, part of Israel.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Which Arab to Believe? Shoebat or Mossab Yousef?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »
I cerainly don't believe the shin bet agent.  The shin bet has an agenda to counteract the Kahanist message and prevent people from telling the truth about islam.  I have heard others in the past condemn shoebat and claim he was never involved in terrorism and their claims were baseless slander with a clear leftist agenda behind them.  I'm pretty sure that shoebat's claim is that he got cold feet about bombing a mall and backed out of it only later to question (and leave) the whole terror enterprise.  If he was in prison, it was many years ago and he was a child or teen.   

The shin bet agent is deceptive on two accounts - 1.  It does not make sense to discredit shoebats description of the prison because he may not remember it that well, it may be different these days, and most importantly, one can easily look up the records and determine whether he was there.   Instead the shin bet agent plants seeds of doubt rather than give us facts.   And 2.  Whether some clown currently working in shinbet has heard shoebats name before is irrelevant.  You know how many habibs and muhammads have spent time in israeli prisons?  Not one single person even the manager of the prison could possibly remember everyone who has been there, so this shin bet footsoldier's memory is not relevant.  And secondly how can he never have heard of shoebat in his later life with all the media appearances and speeches he has done?  Does he live under a rock.

The son of hamas says one thing in english and the opposite in arabic- exactly the type of person israeli leftists love.  Walid shoebat tells it straight and he drives the leftists crazy!

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »
I believe non of them- neither Shubat, nor Yousuf, and not leftist Shabaknik.

Offline Brett

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:26:59 AM »
muman
As a rule I 'never' trust an Arab. Don't let it trouble you mate there's more pressing problems at hand.

Shalom.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 06:30:24 AM »
I would trust Walid Shoebat he has a long history here
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:00:51 PM »
Arabs don't trust each other... One (Yousuf) was always an open PLO pro-Shabak Nazi and the other one (Shoebat) is a bit smarter.. As our teacher and Rabbi Rabbi Meir Kahane zt"l hy"d said: "a promise, a word, a treaty in the Arab world is a weapon in the game of acquisition, and the person who takes an Arab's word seriously deserves his punishment if for no other reason than that he is a fool"

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
I don't think Shoebat is doing taqqiyah.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »
I don't think Shoebat is doing taqqiyah.
I hope I am wrong but I don't fully believe his story of being a PLO terrorist and spending time in Israeli prison.