Author Topic: NO MORE SEXUAL POSTS (and other rules) - PLEASE READ!  (Read 4412 times)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: NO MORE SEXUAL POSTS (and other rules) - PLEASE READ!
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 08:15:16 PM »
I agree. We don't need that crap here.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2009, 05:35:57 PM »
I agree with Shlomo, we can all be effective without being nasty, disrespectful, and Crude.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »

You are correct, Chaim. I care so deeply for DownwithIslam and CF. They put their hearts into the cause and try to do as much as they possibly can to help.
I'd like to start posting some vids for the movement but my computer is uber-slow and I don't have any recording equipment.
Private Message me and I will give you some advice on what to use.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »
I agree! :dance:
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 01:07:13 PM »
I would like to add that attempting to bypass the profane language filter will result in a ban.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2011, 02:45:03 PM »

Shlomo is absolutely right. And what he points out is more essential and profound than just the respect of some decency and courtesy rules.
We, regular users who have a history of posting, understand each other. We don't always have to sugarcoat everything when we speak together. But the question is : do we want to become a mass movement or remain underground ? It is clear that the purpose of JTF is to become a mass movement. Then, we must not deter or turn off new comers by using foul language and making provocative statements that make us look childish.
I am not saying we should try to be politically correct. We all despise that, otherwise we wouldn't be here. And we don't want the forum to become boring. But we will be all the sharper by using facts and sound logic - which most of us usually do, by the way...

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2011, 03:26:44 PM »
HiWarp though it would be funny to post words bypassing the word filter in this same post. I am not amused.

He is banned for 3 days. I have also banned The Coon for his language (using the "c" word and then blaming the word filter for not catching it).

I am not lying when I say I will ban the offenders. Do not try my patience. We will not alienate our religious members or the young members of this forum, G-d forbid.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2011, 03:33:21 PM »
HiWarp though it would be funny to post words bypassing the word filter in this same post. I am not amused.

He is banned for 3 days. I have also banned The Coon for his language (using the "c" word and then blaming the word filter for not catching it).

I am not lying when I say I will ban the offenders. Do not try my patience. We will not alienate our religious members or the young members of this forum, G-d forbid.

Good work... When I saw that post I knew it would be problematic. I assumed that the poster would take it upon himself to edit the post to remove the offending language... Maybe I should have suggested it myself, but I thought he would take the hint...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2011, 03:39:06 PM »

Have you banned coon temporarily or indefinitely ?

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2011, 03:47:37 PM »
For 1 week and if it happens again, forever.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »
Right now we do have to be extra careful because it's getting close to the time when the anti-Obama campaign will be starting up. I heard today that Obama is expected to raise a billion dollars for his campaign. This is going to be a very hard fight.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:48 PM »
Are scientific words for anatomical body parts against the rules if they are in the context of a scientific or proper discussion.  For example, can one say the word "penis" if talking about circumcision?  I think we should be able to express ourselves as long as the person is not being provocative on inappropriate.  For example that large woman from Code Pink looks like she had a prolapsed uterus.  It was really just a huge pannus, but well....

Shlomo, You are a true voice of reason on this forum and I will respect whatever rule you set.  I do think there should be room for appropriate adult discussion of things, even those that could have a sexual meaning, as long as that is not the intent and it is clearly NOT the intent

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2011, 08:50:03 PM »

I think it's important to keep the forum clean and I am with you Shlomo, but I think the above actions will prove to have been a mistake.  sorry to say it, but that's what I think.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 09:14:52 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »
So what do you suggest, Kahane Was Right?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2011, 09:32:30 PM »
Are scientific words for anatomical body parts against the rules if they are in the context of a scientific or proper discussion.  For example, can one say the word "penis" if talking about circumcision?  I think we should be able to express ourselves as long as the person is not being provocative on inappropriate.  For example that large woman from Code Pink looks like she had a prolapsed uterus.  It was really just a huge pannus, but well....

Shlomo, You are a true voice of reason on this forum and I will respect whatever rule you set.  I do think there should be room for appropriate adult discussion of things, even those that could have a sexual meaning, as long as that is not the intent and it is clearly NOT the intent

I think that it is clear that the word in question was not being used in a clinical sense. Obvious use of profane language should not be tolerated. I have noticed that as time goes by people have become more comfortable at posting things which are obviously over the bounds. I hope that this reminds everyone to consider who is reading their posts before hitting the send button.

I suggest that this ban be temporary, included for Coon. I don't know what else he has said or done which would require such a ban...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:07 PM »
So what do you suggest, Kahane Was Right?

I suggest they be allowed to come back but no more kidding around with Shlomo's profanity rules or else then you will have to ban them for real.   If they are warned personally, then there will be no choice. 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2011, 01:46:03 AM »
I would hate to see coon banned permanently.  I think he is a great member.  Its unfortunate that many kids habitually use bad language and its certainly a part of our culture and upbringing.  I'm sure coon will learn from his mistake and continue to be a productive member.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2011, 08:39:21 AM »
1st time offender: 1 week ban
2nd time: 6 months
3rd time: forever

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2011, 11:13:55 PM »
1st time offender: 1 week ban
2nd time: 6 months
3rd time: forever

That's a very stiff punishment, no?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2011, 11:36:54 PM »

That's a very stiff punishment, no?

Yes I think what mo suggested is extreme to the point of being ridiculous.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2011, 11:19:14 PM »
They are trying to run a serious forum; they should have serious punishments. Why waste time playing games and beating around the bush? The rules are the rules. If you don't like it, leave. I love making funny/inappropriate jokes as much as the next guy, but I also know that this is not the forum for that and we should all accept it and not complain.