Author Topic: Group promotes wearing of Tefillin by Jews thru SMS msg campaign 2 Knesset staff  (Read 384 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
This is interesting on many levels.  

I think we at JTF should start our own SMS campaign.  It should be two-pronged.   1.  Stop expelling Jews from settlements and stop giving Jewish land to the Arab enemy, and redemption will come.   2.  Let Chaim ben Pesach into Israel.

They should be bombarded every single morning at 7am with a message saying these two things.

Is there any way we can contact the "Light of Tefillin" organization and find out how to contact these knesset staffers directly like they were doing?

http://www.jpost.com/NationalNews/Article.aspx?id=224209

Knesset aide nudged by early morning tefillin SMS
By LAHAV HARKOV
06/09/2011 03:06

Female assistant to MK Gilon devises novel solution to stop daily messages by putting on the phylacteries.
Talkbacks (26)

For the past three weeks, Lior Finkel hasn’t needed to set an alarm clock – she’s gotten a wake-up SMS at 7 a.m. each day. Finkel, an aide to MK Ilan Gilon (Meretz), and many other parliamentary aides have been receiving daily text messages from an organization whose goal is to encourage Jews to put on tefillin in the morning.

Finkel said she considered the messages harassment, and reported “The Light for Tefillin,” the organization responsible for them, to Knesset security and the police.

RELATED:
Jews wearing tefillin cause alarm aboard airplane

“Beginning in the middle of May, I received messages at 7 every morning – except Saturday – telling me to put on tefillin and bring redemption,” Finkel said. “I sent an SMS asking whoever is sending it to stop, but I was ignored, and when I called, no one answered.”

Finkel later discovered that many other parliamentary aides with cellphones provided by the Knesset were receiving similar early-morning messages, and the group of aides filed a complaint with Knesset security.

“Security told us to go to the police, and the police said that there was nothing illegal about the text messages,” Finkel said. “It can’t be that someone can systematically harass people like this without consequences.”

Finkel and her fellow aides notified “The Light” that they would be suing the organization, but the messages kept coming, until she came up with a creative solution.

“I decided that I’d had enough, and I sent a message saying: ‘I put on tefillin, now leave me alone,’ along with a picture of myself, a woman, wearing tefillin,” Finkel said.

“The next day, the harassment stopped,” she said. “I guess they were right – I put on tefillin, and redemption came.”

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I would like to know if there are legal ramifications for this. The article was saying that they were thinking of looking into legal action due to these text messages.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14