Author Topic: New Doublespeak Term "Marriage Equality"!!!  (Read 685 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
New Doublespeak Term "Marriage Equality"!!!
« on: June 19, 2011, 01:10:45 PM »
The Orwellian doublespeak continues to be employed by the left and the pro-homo crowd. First we were given the term "Homophobia" which is a made-up word employed by pro-homo groups to disparage their opponents. There is no such thing as homophobia and the word doesn't even describe the anti-gay position in the least. Those against the homosexual lifestyle are not afraid of homosexuals which the suffix 'phobia' denotes. Basically all 'homophobia' is is a person who doesn't think that the gay lifestyle is moral or ethical. We do not fear them, we basically feel very sickened that they have chosen a lifestyle which denies the will of the G-d of Israel. Some of you who have known me know that I am not overly down on those who suffer with this affliction as I believe that in the end they will make repentance, if their soul is truly good, before their death. But I do take a stand when they attempt to get others to follow their folly by passing laws and recognizing illicit relations as if they were sanctified.

Today I see a headline which read 'Marriage Equality Supporters Rally for Potential State Senate Vote'.... What struck me is the new term 'Marriage Equality'.... It is usually referred to by the more obvious term 'same-sex marriage supporters'... Then I realized that George Orwell was certainly on to something when he described the term 'doublespeak'... It is how words can be used to imply political meaning, other than the simple meaning... In this case 'Marriage Equality' seems much 'NICER' than 'Same-Sex Marriage' which most people think is immoral... Everyone should want Marriage Equality because Equality is a trait which should be embraced.

I am sick of this doublespeak. We should refer to Marriage Equality as 'Abomination Lovers' or 'Illicit Relations supporters'.. We will be using politically incorrect though factually correct terminology.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doublespeak

Doublespeak is language that deliberately disguises, distorts, or reverses the meaning of words. Doublespeak may take the form of euphemisms (e.g., "downsizing" for layoffs), making the truth less unpleasant, without denying its nature. It may also be deployed as intentional ambiguity, or reversal of meaning (for example, naming a state of war "peace"). In such cases, doublespeak disguises the nature of the truth, producing a communication bypass.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: New Doublespeak Term "Marriage Equality"!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 01:14:29 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Newspeak_words

Blackwhite

Blackwhite is defined as follows:

“    ...this word has two mutually contradictory meanings. Applied to an opponent, it means the habit of impudently claiming that black is white, in contradiction of the plain facts. Applied to a Party member, it means a loyal willingness to say that black is white when Party discipline demands this. But it means also the ability to believe that black is white, and more, to know that black is white, and to forget that one has ever believed the contrary. This demands a continuous alteration of the past, made possible by the system of thought which really embraces all the rest, and which is known in Newspeak as doublethink.    ”

—Orwell, 1984

The word is an example of both Newspeak and doublethink. It represents the active process of rewriting the past, control of the past being a vital aspect of the Party's control over the present.

The ability to blindly believe anything, regardless of its absurdity, can have different causes: respect for authority, fear, indoctrination, even critical laziness or gullibility. Orwell's blackwhite refers only to that caused by fear, indoctrination, or repression of one's individual critical thinking ("to know black is white"), rather than caused by laziness or gullibility. A true Party member could automatically, and without thought, expunge any "incorrect" information and totally replace it with "true" information from the Party. If properly done, there is no memory or recovery of the "incorrect" information that could cause unhappiness to the Party member by committing thoughtcrime. This ability is likened to the total erasure of information only possible in electronic storage.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 01:17:24 PM »
Duckspeak

Duckspeak is a Newspeak term meaning literally to quack like a duck or to speak without thinking. Duckspeak can be either good or "ungood" (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of "The Party" may be good. In the appendix to 1984, Orwell explains:

“    Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all. This aim was frankly admitted in the Newspeak word duckspeak […]. Like various words in the B vocabulary, duckspeak was ambivalent in meaning. Provided that the opinions which were quacked out were orthodox ones, it implied nothing but praise, and when the Times referred to one of the orators of the Party as a doubleplusgood duckspeaker it was paying a warm and valued compliment.    ”

—Orwell, 1984

An example of a skillful duckspeaker in action is provided in the beginning of chapter 9, in which an Inner Party speaker is haranguing the crowd about the crimes of Eurasia when a note is passed into his hand; he does not stop speaking for a moment, or change his voice or manner, but (according to the changed party line) he now condemns the crimes of Eastasia, which is Oceania's new enemy.
[edit] See also

* Thought-terminating cliché

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 01:53:24 PM »
I thought homophobia was meant to describe men (or women) who are not secure enough in their heterosexualtiy and get nervous at the thought of any kind of contact with a member of their same sex.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 02:11:04 PM »
I thought homophobia was meant to describe men (or women) who are not secure enough in their heterosexualtiy and get nervous at the thought of any kind of contact with a member of their same sex.

Yes, but it has been used to describe anyone with a viewpoint which opposes homosexual relations.

I actually have no problem with what is termed 'brotherly love' and some people think that is too much... I have helped a homeless man as if he were my brother and some people said people might perceive it as a homosexual relation. I think there is nothing wrong with being supportive to a good same-sex friend.

Even in our Torah we have an example of brotherly love. We learn about the special relationship between Jonathan and David...

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 03:05:57 PM »
I am not a fan of homosexuality.  On the other hand, we know it exists and nobody, with the exception of crazy Muslims, half of whom are probably closet homosexuals, (many of the early Nazi leaders were homosexuals also) would suggest killng or imprisoning gays.  On the other hand they have gone from wanting tolerance, which I support, to wanting recognition as equal in all aspects to heterosexuals which I oppose.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.