Author Topic: Anti-semitism in video games?  (Read 2162 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Anti-semitism in video games?
« on: July 09, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
I was playing LA Noire for the XBOX 360 which is a detective game based in the 40's and there seems to be a lot of plot on Jewish crime in the game, there are at least 3 Jewish criminals in the game and the hatred for Jews is very prevalent for this era in America. The game focuses on one Jewish man that runs a jewelery shop and shoots a competing store owner and you act as detective and the comments made are definitely anti Jewish. There is also the focus on the gangster Mickey Cohen who is also featured in the game and is involved in the morphine trade, here is a video to show some of the comments, do you think this is becoming an issue in video games?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Anti-semitism in video games?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 07:03:24 PM »
No big deal Italians had to put up with Mafia movies for yrs
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 12:31:21 AM »
I at first agreed with mord...

But when I watched it and saw how Jewishness was brought up in the interrogation, and the use of yiddish words like goy, putz, etc... Then I think it started to enter some questionable territory. It does seem that antisemitism is a part of the game...

I don't play these types of games... It is partly because of this kind of stuff that I only play FPS (1st Person Shooters) games.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:36:08 AM »
Organized Crime in the '40's like it or not included Jews. ie Meyer Lansky, Benjamin (Bugsy) Siegel, Meyer (Mickey) Cohen...... You have to remember these were immigrants if not 1st generation Americans and they spoke Yiddish. At least Mickey Cohen didn't play the victim and fold under pressure from that interrogator. THAT would've [censored] me off!  Also, a little off topic, but it seems that around the time of the interrogation, this game took lines directly out of the film "LA Confidential".

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
the game is also clearly anti Irish due to the fact there is an Irish police officer actually using the word "boyo"...or it's just a video game.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 07:55:45 PM »
This is Islam's way of getting children and teens to dislike Jews!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 08:23:48 PM »
You are absolutely right, WI. Try and see any video game maker portraying Muslims as gangsters (even though most of them are).