Author Topic: Im so sad, I never saw a single Harry Potter movie  (Read 1259 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Im so sad, I never saw a single Harry Potter movie
« on: July 19, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
Am I the only one? I have no desire to see any Harry Potter movies... But they say that the movie is breaking box-office records. I have not sat in a movie theater in over 10 years...

PS: I am not sad at all... I still have no desire to see anything about this kid sorcerer.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Im so sad, I never saw a single Harry Potter movie
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
I saw it in 3D, wasn't really that impressed. I like lord of the rings more.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 04:56:13 PM »
Its child entertainment.  To each their own.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
im watching it today on imax. my friends that saw it told me it was really awesome

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 05:01:47 PM »
im watching it today on imax. my friends that saw it told me it was really awesome

Have fun, stay safe!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »
I was dragged kicking and screaming to see the first one.  :'(

Trust me muman you're not missing anything.
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 05:54:08 PM »
I haven't read the books and probably wouldn't want to watch the movies unless I'd read the books first.

I was glad I read the Guardians of Ga'hoole books before the movie came out or I would have had NO IDEA what was going on. Nice visuals in that movie but very little background info about the characters or why they are doing what. My sister watched the Ga'hoole movie with me and told me she couldn't follow the plot because there were no explanations about anything. I also didn't like how they changed a very important fact about Soren's parents to make it more of a 'kid's' movie. The series itself even though it's about sentient owls has some very dark, disturbing material.

I hope they don't do that to Warriors if they ever make a movie of that series... I can just see them glossing over the whole 'Briarlight dragging around paralyzed back half' part or leaving it out. Or 'discovered killer Hollyleaf then threatens to kill her own mother with deathberries' part. Or 'Bluestar drowns after being chased off a cliff by viscious feral dogs'. I honestly hope they never make any Warriors movies if they're going to chop out the most dramatic bits.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:01:39 PM by Rubystars »

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 06:18:39 PM »
I haven't read the books and probably wouldn't want to watch the movies unless I'd read the books first.

I was glad I read the Guardians of Ga'hoole books before the movie came out or I would have had NO IDEA what was going on. Nice visuals in that movie but very little background info about the characters or why they are doing what. My sister watched the Ga'hoole movie with me and told me she couldn't follow the plot because there were no explanations about anything. I also didn't like how they changed a very important fact about Soren's parents to make it more of a 'kid's' movie. The series itself even though it's about sentient owls has some very dark, disturbing material.

I hope they don't do that to Warriors if they ever make a movie of that series... I can just see them glossing over the whole 'Briarlight dragging around paralyzed back half' part or leaving it out. Or 'discovered killer Hollyleaf then threatens to kill her own mother with deathberries' part. Or 'Bluestar drowns after being chased off a cliff by viscious feral dogs'. I honestly hope they never make any Warriors movies if they're going to chop out the most dramatic bits.

that is actually why deathly hallows is a 2-parter. since the 4th or 5th book, the harry potter movies didnt deliver as well as fans expected, so they had to split the last one to get more details in.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 08:07:44 PM »
I have never seen or read any of this myself.... I like some stuff like that but for some reason or another I never saw fit to read or see any of this Harry Potter stuff... After the actor playing the main character went to Broadway and appeared in the buff in one of the plays I lost complete interest... I'll stick to my Steven King Dark Tower books and some of the other fiction he writes.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 09:20:42 PM »
I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies either.  I don't think I'm the target audience, which seems to be teens, but correct me if I'm wrong.  The closest I've come to that science fiction/fantasy genre is reading "The Mists of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley, along with the prequels "The Forest House" and Priestess of Avalon."  However, "Mists" the better of all these books. 

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 10:31:48 PM »
Never saw any Harry Potter movie either, I tried but always something better came up!
Life is short and I don't plan to spend it watching make-belief movies

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:21 AM »
i just came back from watching it deathly hallows part 2

am i the only one here who thinks it was totally awesome?

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 01:05:07 AM »
i just came back from watching it deathly hallows part 2

am i the only one here who thinks it was totally awesome?

No

I liked it as well.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 04:42:31 AM »
I enjoyed reading the whole series of Harry Potter books.
I avoid the movies.  Movies based on books never meet my expectations or match my imagination.  Although, the Harry Potter movies seem very well made.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 04:18:15 PM »
HP is somewhat entertaining.

There is nothing wrong with entertainment in general, including movies, tv. But its just sad that nearly everyone in the entertainment business is ultra-leftist and often times produce nothing more than worthless left-preaching garbage. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 04:23:28 PM »
HP is somewhat entertaining.

There is nothing wrong with entertainment in general, including movies, tv. But its just sad that nearly everyone in the entertainment business is ultra-leftist and often times produce nothing more than worthless left-preaching garbage. 

Well I believe entertainment should not contradict your core religious beliefs. Often casual acceptance of foreign ideas may lead to corruption of a mans values in the future. I try to restrict the amount of 'non-Jewish' culture I accept because my experience is that it does pollute the brain.

We must admit that today the Jewish people are virtually all Hellenized. And this is not a good thing...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 04:33:37 PM »
Well I believe entertainment should not contradict your core religious beliefs. Often casual acceptance of foreign ideas may lead to corruption of a mans values in the future. I try to restrict the amount of 'non-Jewish' culture I accept because my experience is that it does pollute the brain.

We must admit that today the Jewish people are virtually all Hellenized. And this is not a good thing...

You are entitled to that opinion. It's not a wrong opinion to state someone should not watch something that might contradict their religious beliefs.  It is one thing if someone chooses this for themself.  It's another thing when imposing it on one's children...they have to understand why especially if they have never seen or heard of anything this bad.  If they do not understand, there is a risk of rebellious behavior. I don't know the tricks of the trade in this regard, but from personal experience with my upbringing, for certain things, I understood better when I made the mistakes...but there are other things you should never make mistakes doing.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »

Well Harry Potter certainly doesnt have even the slightest hint of Judaism in it.  Its witchcraft, paganism, Mid-evil mysticism, fantasy, etc etc.

I'm sure there are those who are dumb enough to believe in witchcraft, but these are the same weirdos who believe that 'the force' is real.  I think there is a church somewhere that teaches the way of the Jedi.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 07:15:08 PM »
Well Harry Potter certainly doesnt have even the slightest hint of Judaism in it.  Its witchcraft, paganism, Mid-evil mysticism, fantasy, etc etc.

I'm sure there are those who are dumb enough to believe in witchcraft, but these are the same weirdos who believe that 'the force' is real.  I think there is a church somewhere that teaches the way of the Jedi.

Yes, they made Star Wars into a religion...

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 10:47:27 PM »
I never saw any of them, either, never had desire to see them.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 12:00:16 AM »
Yes, they made Star Wars into a religion...

i hear that in britian and/or in new zealand jedi showed up as the religion of 0.7% of the country(ies)

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 05:41:39 PM »
I'm so happy I never seen a harry potter movie.  :dance:

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2011, 08:16:53 PM »
I just got two Harry Potter movies. I plan to watch them tonight.
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
I watched about 45m of Harry Potter movie released in 2010. This is very scary movie not made for kids. I would never let even teenagers to watch it. 
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2011, 09:52:22 PM »
I watched about 45m of Harry Potter movie released in 2010. This is very scary movie not made for kids. I would never let even teenagers to watch it. 

i noticed the change too on how they went along. i, for one, thought it was awesome.