Author Topic: Famine in Somalia; Millions Could Die  (Read 2533 times)

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Famine in Somalia; Millions Could Die
« on: July 20, 2011, 12:55:37 PM »
So here we go again, more aid to the morons who won't put water pipes underground so they'll never have this problem. More money is going to be sent to the Muslim Nazi terrorists who control that aids infested hellhole. Maybe another war to free the people of Somalia.

The United Nations has officially declared a famine in Somalia as the worst drought in 60 years endangers some 12 million people in the African nation.

At least 20 percent of households face extreme food shortages, more than 30 percent of the population is affected by acute malnutrition and there are at least two deaths per 10,000 people each day, according to the UN definition of famine.

Al-Qaeda-linked rebels known as the Shebab control southern Bakool and Lower Shabelle – two specific regions in the south also known as Somalia's breadbasket -- which have been especially hard-hit by the drought.

The terror-linked rebels expelled relief groups two years ago, accusing them of being Christian crusaders and Western spies, sealing the fate of many of those who now find themselves trapped there.

Aid groups are now warning that many will die without urgent action -- and funding -- according to a statement issued by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs for Somalia.

An estimated 3.7 million people – nearly half of the war-ravaged nation's population – face a food crisis, according to the UN agency. Of those, an estimated 2.8 million people are living in the south, said Mark Bowden, UN humanitarian coordinator for Somalia.

“If we don't act now, famine will spread to all eight regions of southern Somalia within two months due to poor harvests and outbreaks of infectious diseases, said Bowden.

“If we are not able to intervene immediately, tens of thousands more Somalis may die,” he said, adding that malnutrition rates there are currently the highest in the world, with peaks of 50 percent in some southern areas.

More than 78,000 Somalis have fled to nearby Ethiopia and Kenya in the past two months to escape the conflict and famine.

The Food and Agricultural Organization appealed Wednesday for $120 million for the 12 million drought victims in the Horn of Africa.

UN agencies are set to meet Monday in Rome to discuss the crisis as world leaders call for mass mobilization to contain what is being referred to as “one of the planet's worst unfolding humanitarian disasters.”

Somalia, a nation in ongoing conflict for 20 years, has been by far the hardest-hit but by no means the only African nation to be affected by the drought. Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda and Djibouti are suffering the effects of a drought as well.

It has been impossible to determine whether neighboring Eritrea is also affected, according to the AFP news agency, since it is one of the most secretive countries in the world. The US has urged the country to reveal whether its own food situation is at risk as well.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Famine in Somalia; Millions Could Die
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 02:04:45 PM »
If they send them food aid, then the Somalians will have more kids, and then they will still be starving, but the problem will be worse because there will be even MORE starving people. That's what food aid does in most of Africa. It artificially inflates the population so that they are unable to sustain themselves through more traditional African lifeways such as hunting and gathering or small scale farming/herding.

Traditionally most Somalians lived a pastoral lifestyle which can only be maintained under a certain size of population. Have too many children and there will be starvation. Sending food aid erases these natural barriers to population explosion and makes the problem worse because you double or triple the amount of people who then can't sustain themselves through their own cultural knowledge and need help. Send more food aid and the problem gets worse, and worse. More people starving, more violence for limited resources, etc.  

And you're talking about countries with very low average IQ. These people aren't about to become a bunch of investment bankers or robotics technicians, so even modernizing you'd just end up with something resembling Detroit.

Food aid also makes it harder for local farmers to be able to sell their crops, and so the country itself produces less food, compounding the problem.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »
Three words for this: I don't care....

I know it's cold, but i believe in being cruel to the cruel.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:45:43 PM »
Give a man a fish, he will eat for the day... Teach a man to fish, he will eat for the rest of his life...

http://www.rabbiweisz.com/divrei-torah/vayikra/behar-teach-him-to-fish/

Behar-Teach him to fish…

If your brother becomes poor and his means falter in your proximity (unable to support himself among you), you shall strengthen him (Leviticus 25:35)

The Torah states in Parshat Behar (Leviticus 25:35), “If your brother becomes poor and his means falter in your proximity, you shall strengthen him.”  

This teaches us that we are obligated to help a fellow Jew financially. By using the word the word mata –to  “falter,”  (u’matah yado, “and his means falter”) to be unsteady – to totter, to falter, to be about to fall) the Torah emphasizes that it is more important to support a Jew financially as he stumbles rather than when he falls to his feet and is reduced to begging for charity.

The phrase u’mata yado describes his “hand” as becoming shaky; steadying his hand by a small amount of support will keep him standing on his feet.  So the Torah maintains that a person should be supported before u’mata raglo  - he falls to his feet

Do not wait until your fellow Jew falls under the pressure of financial constraints. Help him before he reaches the poverty level. It is easier to give a helping hand and prevent someone from stumbling than to lift up a person who has fallen. Similarly, it is more effective to assist a person while he is suffering from financial instability than to do so when that same person has lost his financial footing completely.

This endeavor must be made imach (with you). In offering and lending assistance, do not reduce him to a condition of sloth and loss of self-respect: give him the opportunity of remaining with you. The Torah also teaches us to provide this assistance in a humane and thoughtful way. In Tehillim (41:1) we are taught, “How blessed is the lot of one who wisely helps the poor.”

Strengthen him, give him the ability to stand on his own to feet: ‘Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life’ (Ancient Proverb).
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 04:52:20 PM »
Give a man a fish, he will eat for the day... Teach a man to fish, he will eat for the rest of his life...

http://www.rabbiweisz.com/divrei-torah/vayikra/behar-teach-him-to-fish/

I agree with this for a fellow Jew and righteous gentile.

Last I checked, Somolia didn't fall under that category.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »
Somalians have an average IQ of 68. This number is within the mildly mentally retarded range. Consider the fact that this is the AVERAGE IQ in Somalia, which means that in reality, half of the population of Somalia is below 68 IQ. Half are also above, but I think the curve on that with 68 in the middle is still going to leave a lot of people above that number very low.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 05:09:42 PM »
How come these people are so unable to bring about the development of their country ?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:42:59 PM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2011, 08:08:10 PM »
How come these people are so unable to bring about the development of their country ?
Oh the creatures develop things all the time... Aids, the black market, a million children they can't care for... How much more should I say?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 08:14:11 PM »
I agree with this for a fellow Jew and righteous gentile.

Last I checked, Somolia didn't fall under that category.

I was not suggesting it... But the concept of helping all humanity is also a Jewish concept. And by teaching them to fish they will be able to sustain themselves. It is wrong to give people hand-outs with the expectation that it will solve the problem. All countries, and all peoples, should be able to sustain themselves.

http://www.torah.org/learning/rabbis-notebook/5763/pinchas.html

PS: I should say that we should never help an enemy...

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:24:52 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »
Allah is unable to feed his sand crawling minions.  They are blood thirsty savages who cares.  No big lost and they also follow the gutter cult so good let em eat their own and stop rotting the planet.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 08:48:50 PM »
Muman if you give them farming equipment they will sell it, give them seeds they will eat them, give them fishing rods they'll use the line to pick the seeds out of their teeth. They had enough handouts from the western world and still chose Islam. Let them all rot in hell where they belong.
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 09:01:13 PM »
Muman if you give them farming equipment they will sell it, give them seeds they will eat them, give them fishing rods they'll use the line to pick the seeds out of their teeth. They had enough handouts from the western world and still chose Islam. Let them all rot in hell where they belong.

I certainly understand the sentiment although I attempt to emulate our father Abraham. It is hard to condemn an entire people to such a fate, and it is best to understand Hashem as a loving father of all of humanity. Why should he make creations which are only destined to be destroyed. I believe that even non-Jewish heathens have sparks which might be able to be harnessed.

Abraham, despite the fact that Hashem clearly desired to wipe out all of Sdom and Amora, davened to Hashem to spare the righteous of Sodom from the destruction which rained upon those cities. I do not desire to save the irredeemable evil people from death but it is hard to believe that there are not some righteous minority who merit redemption.

This is not being kind to the cruel. It is being kind to the kind, saving them from a fate which has been decreed due to the evil nature of their fellows...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »

Before you search for 1000 righteous amongst millions of evil, better to use your time saving israel and the jewish people. By doing that you show other nations how to fish.

I certainly understand the sentiment although I attempt to emulate our father Abraham. It is hard to condemn an entire people to such a fate, and it is best to understand Hashem as a loving father of all of humanity. Why should he make creations which are only destined to be destroyed. I believe that even non-Jewish heathens have sparks which might be able to be harnessed.

Abraham, despite the fact that Hashem clearly desired to wipe out all of Sdom and Amora, davened to Hashem to spare the righteous of Sodom from the destruction which rained upon those cities. I do not desire to save the irredeemable evil people from death but it is hard to believe that there are not some righteous minority who merit redemption.

This is not being kind to the cruel. It is being kind to the kind, saving them from a fate which has been decreed due to the evil nature of their fellows...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 10:16:22 PM »

Before you search for 1000 righteous amongst millions of evil, better to use your time saving israel and the jewish people. By doing that you show other nations how to fish.

Obviously the course which I personally have taken. I spend most of my time concerned with Israel, the Jewish people, and supporting organizations which further these causes.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2011, 10:31:03 PM »
Rubystars, there's something I don't understand, that maybe you or the others can explain to me. 

You say giving them aid only causes them to have more children, which means more starving mouths to feed, which is true in this case.  But what I don't understand is, if you're going to have kids, why not do all you can to provide for the ones you do have, as opposed to making more that you still can't feed? 

The fact of the matter is that despite dreadful diseases like AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis and others, the populations of Somalia and other African hell holes is rapidly increasing.  It's as if all these people do is eat, sleep, and have sex.  And from what I understand, those men don't believe in condoms either.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 04:37:50 AM »
I don't care. The rich muslim nations like Saudi Arabia can easily provide all aid for the Somali muslim pirate nation.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 08:09:15 AM »

Great post IZ.

A lot of Africans have no idea how to keep sewage out of their drinking water so how in the world are they going to figure out even more complicated things?

Offline Wanjiku

• New JTFer
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 11:43:04 AM »
Well I come from Kenya and neighbouring Somalia.  Basically there are so many Somalis in Kenya and part of Eastern kenya is where they trade.  Many of them have camps in Kenya and most of them have the Kenyan citizenship. Places like Mombasa is a Muslim infested area.  The crime rates in this areas is very high insecurity too.  Visiting some of this places makes one feel like like you are in some Muslim country.  They also vie for positions in the government.  Thank God that most Kenyans are God fearing and so basically they have no chance. My opinion on the current food crisis in Somalia is a punishment for their evil deeds.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 11:56:50 AM »
Well I come from Kenya and neighbouring Somalia.  Basically there are so many Somalis in Kenya and part of Eastern kenya is where they trade.  Many of them have camps in Kenya and most of them have the Kenyan citizenship. Places like Mombasa is a Muslim infested area.  The crime rates in this areas is very high insecurity too.  Visiting some of this places makes one feel like like you are in some Muslim country.  They also vie for positions in the government.  Thank G-d that most Kenyans are G-d fearing and so basically they have no chance. My opinion on the current food crisis in Somalia is a punishment for their evil deeds.

And this is from someone who is amongst them.  Welcome to the forum.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 02:09:47 PM »
And this is supposed to be a tragedy why?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 11:15:05 PM »
I just don't want the Somalians to start coming hear because of this.

I will send them anything, food, money, clothes, lip disks, pointed sticks, more dung for home-building, anything!!! as long as they don't step foot in the U.S. or the west.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 02:10:32 PM »
Rubystars, there's something I don't understand, that maybe you or the others can explain to me. 

You say giving them aid only causes them to have more children, which means more starving mouths to feed, which is true in this case.  But what I don't understand is, if you're going to have kids, why not do all you can to provide for the ones you do have, as opposed to making more that you still can't feed? 

The fact of the matter is that despite dreadful diseases like AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis and others, the populations of Somalia and other African hell holes is rapidly increasing.  It's as if all these people do is eat, sleep, and have sex.  And from what I understand, those men don't believe in condoms either.

The women will get beaten severely if they suggest the man use a condom, that is if they even know condoms are an option or have access to them. Women really don't have much of a choice whether or not they get pregnant or when and with whom they have relations. They do what men tell them to do or they get a beating, that's how it is and they have no power to change it. The men for their part probably figure caring for their kids is the women's job and may not even know how many they have.

Eat, sleep, and have sex is basically how animals live. It's sad that these people are living like animals, but this has been the African condition for eons.

I think it would help if they would truly accept Biblical morality. It might even help them to be smarter. That's a real long shot at this point though. I just thought I'd bring that up as basically the only thing that could help them, but they will probably continue to reject.

You also can't really expect someone with an IQ of 68 to be able to function at the same level as even blacks in the USA, who have an average of 85, so for you to expect them to do that kind of looking ahead planning like "I can only support so many children", may simply be asking too much. If they are able to think about it, it's possible that they would commit infanticide rather than use any kind of birth control measures.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 02:12:56 PM »
Thank G-d that most Kenyans are G-d fearing

Yes thank God for that.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »
Thanks for your response, Rubystars.

I also think restrictions on male sexual behavior plays a part in this.  As I see it, the most backwards societies are those where the men have almost no restrictions when it comes to sex.  In Judaism, a husband and wife can only have intimate relations two weeks of the month due to the woman's menstrual cycle.  Even so, I believe there are other restrictions, but am not quite sure.  Muman or KWRBT are free to correct me on this if I'm wrong.  With Christianity, a man is supposed to only have relations with his wife.  So what it boils down to is that men in the West can't just drop their pants and get down to business whenever the mood takes them with whomever they want.

You guys should also know that in Islam, there is such a thing as a temporary marriage.  It's called Nikah Mut'ah.  Google it.  It's really just a way for a man to get sex when he feels like it. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
Thanks for your response, Rubystars.

I also think restrictions on male sexual behavior plays a part in this.  As I see it, the most backwards societies are those where the men have almost no restrictions when it comes to sex.  In Judaism, a husband and wife can only have intimate relations two weeks of the month due to the woman's menstrual cycle.  Even so, I believe there are other restrictions, but am not quite sure.  Muman or KWRBT are free to correct me on this if I'm wrong.  With Christianity, a man is supposed to only have relations with his wife.  So what it boils down to is that men in the West can't just drop their pants and get down to business whenever the mood takes them with whomever they want.

You guys should also know that in Islam, there is such a thing as a temporary marriage.  It's called Nikah Mut'ah.  Google it.  It's really just a way for a man to get sex when he feels like it. 

This site explains some of what you are saying Lisa:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/sex.htm

Niddah:  The Laws of Separation

One of the most mysterious areas of Jewish sexual practices is the law of niddah, separation of husband and wife during the woman's menstrual period.  These laws are also known as taharat ha-mishpachah, family purity.  Few people outside of the Orthodox community are even aware that these laws exist, which is unfortunate, because these laws provide many undeniable benefits.  The laws of niddah are not deliberately kept secret; they are simply unknown because most non-Orthodox Jews do not continue their religious education beyond bar mitzvah, and these laws address subjects that are not really suitable for discussion with children under the age of 13.

According to the Torah, a man is forbidden from having sexual intercourse with a niddah, that is, a menstruating woman.  The law of niddah is the only law of ritual purity that continues to be observed today.  At one time, a large portion of Jewish law revolved around questions of ritual purity and impurity.  The other laws mainly had significance in the context of the Temple, and are not applicable today.

The time of separation begins at the first sign of blood and ends in the evening after the woman's seventh "clean day".  This separation lasts about 12 to 14 days.  The rabbis broadened this prohibition, providing that a man may not even touch his wife during this time.  Weddings must be scheduled carefully, so that the woman is not in a state of niddah on her wedding night.

At the end of the period of niddah, as soon as possible after nightfall after the seventh clean day, the woman must immerse herself in a kosher mikveh, a ritual pool.  The mikveh was traditionally used to cleanse a person of various forms of ritual impurity.  Today, it is used almost exclusively for this purpose and as part of the ritual of conversion.  It is important to note that the purpose of the mikveh is solely ritual purification, not physical cleanliness; in fact, immersion in the mikveh is done only after a woman has bathed and shampooed and combed her hair.  The mikveh is such an important part of traditional Jewish ritual life that a new community is required to build a mikveh before they build a synagogue.

The Torah does not specify the reason for the laws of niddah, but this period of abstention has both physical and psychological benefits.

The fertility benefits of this practice are obvious and undeniable.  In fact, it is remarkable how closely these laws parallel the advice given by medical professionals today.  When couples are having trouble conceiving, modern medical professionals routinely advise them to abstain from sex during the two weeks around a woman's period (to increase the man's sperm count at a time when conception is not possible), and to have sex on alternate nights during the remaining two weeks.  When you combine this basic physical benefit with the psychological benefit of believing that you are fulfilling God's will, it is absolutely shocking that more couples with fertility problems do not attempt this practice.  The rejection of this practice by the liberal movements of Judaism is not a matter of "informed choice", but simply a matter of ignorance or blind prejudice.

In addition, women who have sexual intercourse during their menstrual period are more vulnerable to a variety of vaginal infections, as well as increased risk of cervical cancer.

But the benefits that the rabbis have always emphasized are the psychological ones, not the physical ones.  The rabbis noted that a two-week period of abstention every month forces a couple to build a non-sexual bond as well as a sexual one.  It helps to build the couple's desire for one another, making intercourse in the remaining two weeks more special.  It also gives both partners a chance to rest, without feeling sexually inadequate.  They also emphasized the value of self-discipline in a drive as fundamental as the sexual drive.