Author Topic: Hollywood is evil, I will never spend a dollar on a movie again  (Read 611 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Well, off topic here but I ended up buying the lord of the rings trilogy on bluray and popped it in my laptop, I run a HDMI cable to my HDTV since my TV is 1080p and my laptop is only 720p and watch the movies through my computer, turns out I cannot play the video and it says something about copyright protection and that it isn't supported through HDMI, so I setup my HDTV through SLI as a second monitor and the video plays, but I have no sound in the movie, changed my audio track to Portuguese and the Portuguese works but the English doesn't, try all the other disks and same result.

Turns out there is some sort of water mark or prevention which means I cannot even use my computer as a bluray player to my tv despite the fact the biggest marketing gimmick for HDTV capable laptops is HDMI out to broadcast to your tv.

This shows how greedy Hollywood is and their stupid digital copyright protection, and this is exactly why I will never buy a signal movie again.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
Re: Hollywood is evil, I will never spend a dollar on a movie again
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »
try downloading VLC media player, it never gives me any BS

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 11:42:52 PM »
Doesn't work with commercial bluray.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 12:01:59 AM »
So go to pirate bay dl the bluray

Offline BritishSword

• Pro JTFer
    • Lawful Rebellion
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:24:37 AM »
Well your problem solves itself. Go and learn portuguese  :laugh:
I'm British. I'm Sharp.  I'm Deadly.
I am BritishSword

6a55022f0e321cd66b22318630573230965751cf

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 11:00:11 AM »
I watch the movies I'm really interested in by going to the actual theater most of the time but I download the rest. At least VLC player will play downloaded movies. I have a DVD player on my computer and was considering buying some movies from Amazon like the LOTR extended edition (I like high fantasy type stories and want to encourage more of that type of movie to be made) but I'm not sure if I will have the same issue or not.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 08:40:59 PM »
This is no different from the deal that Dell and other PC makers have worked out with the MPAA by which after a couple of years from your computer's date of manufacture, it automatically downloads drivers that disable DVD playing.

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 12:00:07 AM »
This is no different from the deal that Dell and other PC makers have worked out with the MPAA by which after a couple of years from your computer's date of manufacture, it automatically downloads drivers that disable DVD playing.

Eh?  Where did you read that?  I haven't seen anything about what you mention.