Author Topic: Who is your favorite Israeli musician ?  (Read 9304 times)

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
Who is your favorite Israeli musician ?
« on: June 14, 2007, 09:37:07 PM »
I really like Yosef Karduner.
I think his melodies are beautiful.

If you're not familiar with his music, you can listen to a streaming mp3 of his Road Marks album at this address:

http://breslov.com/music/

Hope you enjoy.

Joe Schmo

Re: Who is your favorite Israeli musician ?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »
Yefim Bronfman.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »
Re:  "...I really like Yosef Karduner.
I think his melodies are beautiful..."

I agree...he's a true artist.
I often listen to his music.
For some reason I thought that he doesn't make his home in Israel.

Allen-T

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:19:13 PM »
Avishai Cohen at the moment.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:43:55 AM »
I really like Matti Kaspi and Schlomo Gronich.  They were part of a fantastic jazz/classical/rock group from the '70s.  Also, Yizchak Perlman is one of the greatest musicians alive.  I would have to go with Perlman.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Allen-T

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:52:26 AM »
Does anyone here know an Israeli band from the late 60's early 70's called The Churchills? Their original vinyl LP is worth a fortune, around $1500-$2000. They also recorded as Jericho Jones, I think. I have a great LP by a group called Shivat Zion-The New Chassidic Sound. It's from 1975 on Hed-Arzi label and it's a folk-rock type sound that I think is really good. I was planning to do a video about it in the near future.   

Here is an ebay auction result of the Churchills LP;

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=2566227965

I might add that I think this LP is good, but very overrated. I have rarer Lps than this in the $500 value range that blow it away.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:59:09 AM by Allen-T »

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 10:37:26 AM »
Does anyone here know an Israeli band from the late 60's early 70's called The Churchills? Their original vinyl LP is worth a fortune, around $1500-$2000. They also recorded as Jericho Jones, I think. I have a great LP by a group called Shivat Zion-The New Chassidic Sound. It's from 1975 on Hed-Arzi label and it's a folk-rock type sound that I think is really good. I was planning to do a video about it in the near future.   

Here is an ebay auction result of the Churchills LP;

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=2566227965

I might add that I think this LP is good, but very overrated. I have rarer Lps than this in the $500 value range that blow it away.

They also recorded as Jericho I believe.  They have three albums, I have them all in digital format.  They're quite good.  There are lots of good Israeli artists from the '70s such as Atmosphera, Arbaesra Octavot and  Zingale.  I have tons of old Israeli rock music. If anyone wants to trade, don't hesitate to contact me. ;)
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 11:08:05 AM »
I dont like Israeli music...only some of the religious music...
American music is great !
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 11:17:15 AM »
American music is the worst music made in the entire world!  OK, possibly with the exception of arab music.  The only good American music was R&B from the '60s, Jazz, and SOME classic rock from the '70s.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:19:20 AM by Z. Jabotinsky »

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 11:19:14 AM »
American music is the worst music made in the entire world!
Well...im like only hard rock (metallica for exemple)..I know non about other typs of music
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »
Metallica is awful.  There's much better heavy metal made all over the world, even in Israel!

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 11:21:33 AM »
Metallica is awful.  There's much better heavy metal made all over the world, even in Israel!
Metallica is awful ? ha...its a joke right ?
the israeli rock bands are horrible .

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:25:11 AM »
Metallica is awful ? ha...its a joke right ?
the israeli rock bands are horrible .

You're just not listening to the right ones.  Of course I'm not talking about the garbage that comes on the radio and TV. ;)  There are plenty of good Israeli bands, you just have to look around a bit to find them.

Allen-T

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »

Yes, Metallica is complete sheet. Motorhead, now that's rock!!

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 11:34:09 AM »

are you talking about 'new' metallica? im talking about metallica befor 1991.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Allen-T

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »

Metallica has always reminded me of when we were kids, we would put baseball cards on the forks of our bicycles so they made a clicking sound when they were hit with the spokes of the wheel. Clickety-Clack, clickety-clack, that's what that awful drummer in Metallica sounds like. I just listened to the August 16th 1972 recording of Space Truckin' by Deep Purple live in Osaka Japan, Ian Paice, need I say more? 

Offline BabylonianJew

• Senior JTFer
  • Berber/Shepardic Jew
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 12:54:20 PM »
Ofra Haza she is the best!

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 01:23:15 PM »
Led zeppelin is also nice.
I like the songs thet neomi shemer Z"L wrote, even she didn't seng them...

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Joe Schmo

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 01:24:36 PM »

Metallica has always reminded me of when we were kids, we would put baseball cards on the forks of our bicycles so they made a clicking sound when they were hit with the spokes of the wheel. Clickety-Clack, clickety-clack, that's what that awful drummer in Metallica sounds like. I just listened to the August 16th 1972 recording of Space Truckin' by Deep Purple live in Osaka Japan, Ian Paice, need I say more? 

I know.  Metallica's drums are always too loud.

They used to be a good band though.

Allen-T

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 02:54:48 PM »
I am in my back yard drinking Becks and listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd right now ;D

Joe Schmo

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2007, 02:58:16 PM »
I am in my back yard drinking Becks and listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd right now ;D

Sweet Home Alabama.

Allen-T

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 03:06:26 PM »

Sweet Home Alabama.

I love this obscure Skynyrd cut called "Railroad Song" on Nuthin' Fancy. I remember when the plane crash happened.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 03:08:59 PM »

Sweet Home Alabama.

I love this obscure Skynyrd cut called "Railroad Song" on Nuthin' Fancy. I remember when the plane crash happened.

I was too young to remember the crash, but I've always loved the band.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 06:24:39 PM »

Made in Japan is one of the best live albums EVER!

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 11:40:14 PM »
Firstly Ofra Haza died of AIDS so she is drek. I like Eyal Golan along with subliminal. I know subliminal is rap but its Israeli rap and he is pretty right wing. There are others as well and it's a better alternative to the american stuff especially since turning on the radio here makes rap noise come out of your speakers. Every station plays shvartza stuff.
I am urinating on a Koran.