Author Topic: Who Killed the Rabbi?  (Read 1896 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Who Killed the Rabbi?
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »
This world is going insane I tell you, INSANE! I could not have thought of a worse story to relate than this one. The grandson of one of the great Rabbis {Gedolim HaDor} Baba Sali {Rabbi Yisrael Abuhatzeira} was just stabbed to death today. Once I read the news I was expecting to read that some arab terrorist killed the Rabbi. But then I realized it was not an arab terrorist who stabbed to death the great Rabbis grandson {who himself was a respected Rabbi}. It appears a Jew was the culprit in this murder.

How could a Jew kill a Rabbi? How could he kill the grandson of the great Baba Sali? I have heard many rabbis relate the wisdom of the Baba Sali and to hear that his grandson was treated with such disrespect makes me ashamed of my people. So many questions are boiling in my brain cells.... Why? What punishment awaits us in this generation for the disrespect and soiling of the Torah of the people of Israel? Hashems anger must be flaring and we can only guess what the edict will be. I just filed the paperwork for taking time off for the High Holidays... There is much we as a nation need to ask forgiveness for...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/146195#.TjINcSy6SL8

Baba Sali’s Grandson Murdered

Rabbi Elazar Abuhatzeira, the grandson of Rabbi Yisrael Abuhatzeira, stabbed to death in Be’er Sheva.
Elad Benari

Rabbi Elazar Abuhatzeira, the grandson of Rabbi Yisrael Abuhatzeira (also known as the “Baba Sali”), was stabbed to death in Be’er Sheva late Thursday night.

According to reports, the rabbi, who was known as the “Baba Elazar,” was stabbed in a yeshiva in the city while receiving worshippers who came to get a blessing from him. One of them entered the room the rabbi was in and stabbed him several times in the chest and in the stomach.

The rabbi, who was critically wounded, was taken by Magen David Adom paramedics to Soroka Hospital in Be’er Sheva, but died of his wounds on the way to the hospital. The Baba Elazar was 70 years old.

Voice of Israel radio reported that the rabbi's followers were able to capture the assailant and hold him down until police arrived. An investigation is still under way but police reportedly believe the motive for the murder is criminal.

Two years ago, a man was arrested on suspicion of planning to stab the rabbi. At the time, the rabbi refused to file a complaint with the police, but his associates filed a complaint in his name.

Rabbi Elazar Abuhatzeira’s grandfather, the Baba Sali, was a Jewish Moroccan rabbi who was revered to have mystic healing powers.

The Baba Sali lived a spartan life devoid of material interests, often fasting and praying throughout the day. He was also one of the main leaders of the immigration to Israel and helped bring nearly the entire Jewish community from Morocco to live in the Holy Land.

His home in Netivot was a site for pilgrimages of people seeking his blessing and advice during his lifetime and more than 100,000 people attended his funeral in 1984; since that time, his tomb has become a shrine for pilgrims and petitioners who come often to pray for assistance and intervention in their daily troubles. Many bring their three-year-old sons to his tomb for the traditional "chalaka", i.e. first hair-cutting.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Who Killed the Rabbi?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:56:59 PM »
The article gives no reason why the man attacked the Rabbi... Sounds like this person was sick or just plain crazy... Sadly people are very unpredictable now days...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:03:36 PM »
The article gives no reason why the man attacked the Rabbi... Sounds like this person was sick or just plain crazy... Sadly people are very unpredictable now days...

Some forms of insanity are caused by spiritual sickness...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:28:19 PM »
It might be a muslim nazi

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 12:25:43 AM »
"The motive was criminal."   What does that mean??!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 02:36:07 AM »
Oh my, it was a Jew who has mental issues... I sometimes wonder if it would be safer for the population if people who are dangerous were institutionalized.

09:07 Reported
News Brief
  7/29/2011 9:07:00 AM, Tammuz 27, 5771
Murder Suspect Named

Hareidi-religious internet sites reported, Friday morning, that the man being held for the Thursday evening murder of Rabbi Elazar Abuhatzeira is Asher Dahan of Elad. The websites said Dahan has been under psychiatric care in recent years and his condition deteriorated recently.

Dahan faces a hearing for extension of his remand Friday morning in the Be'er Sheva Magistrates Court.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 04:18:08 PM »
I agree muman people with major issues should be institutionalized... Here on Long Island we had a few very large mental hospitals some years back that belonged to the state... The state closed most of the hospitals and put many of the people out on the streets... They claim that the medication has become better over the years and many of the people that needed to be locked up in the past can now live on the outside.... Some might but a vast majority of them are really living on the edge so to speak... Now in order to give a nut job their civil rights allowing them to live in open society  people like the rabbi need to loose their life... I would rather pay a few extra tax dollars to have people who are not right kept in a hospital instead having them out on the streets where they are a danger to everyone including themselves.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »
Here is an update on this story:

It appears that the man wasn't necessarily 'insane' but it seems to me he was possessed by the yetzer hara and murdered the Rabbi. I don't know what could have possessed this man to do this. He claims it was related to 'marital problems' which were not being resolved. Well I know about marital problems and I would never blame anyone else besides myself and my wife for any problems in the marriage { I am divorced at this time }.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/146239#.TjWpXZtWOo8

Murderer of Kabbalah Rabbi: I Kissed His Hand before Killing Him
The murderer of the grandson of the Babi Sali Thursday says he kissed the rabbi’s hand before stabbing him. “The devil made me do it.”

The murderer of Rabbi Elazar Abuhatzeira, the Kabbalah rabbi grandson of the Babi Sali Thursday says he kissed the rabbi’s hand before stabbing him. “I don't know what devil or Satan got into me” at the moment of the murder.

Asher Dahan, who is in police custody, told the Hebrew-language Maariv newspaper, “I respect Rabbi Abuhatzeira and depend on him for everything. He was everything for me. I worshipped him.”

Dahan murdered the rabbi, grandson of the renowned “Baba Sali” Rabbi Yisrael Abuhatzeira,” in his conference room later Thursday night.

“Every time I left the rabbi, I had a feeling of happiness and joy,” Dahan told police investigators. He gave me hope there is a solution to everything in life, and I never [sic] tight {thought}  for a moment that perhaps he was wrong.

Dahan had consulted Rabbi Abuhatzeira several times lately concerning marital problems.

“There were problem between my wife and me,” Dahan explained. "I went often to the rabbi for advice, and he told me to do all sorts of things, but the situation only got worse. It caused me personal damage, and it reached point that I was afraid of a divorce.”

He described his actions after he entered the rabbi’s conference room without anyone stopping him or asking him any questions. Dahan waited to be the last one to see the rabbi so he could be alone with him.

“I kissed the rabbi’s hand and said a few words” after entering, Dahan related. "Seconds later, I took out the knife and stabbed him in his chest. He screamed and fell to the floor.”

PS:

Another point to learn about this is that a person, in this day and age, should not look to the Rabbi as absolute perfection. Even a great tzadik has been known to be wrong on occasions...

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »
Satan has entered into this man and made him kill the rabbi.  >:(
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 08:53:23 PM »
Satan has entered into this man and made him kill the rabbi.  >:(
The devil made him do it... Honestly however I think the man was just crazy.