Author Topic: The rise of the planet if the apes  (Read 607 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
The rise of the planet if the apes
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
I saw the preview of this movie and thought"its happening already"

But by apes, I don't mean black people. I mean the scum of the earth.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: The rise of the planet if the apes
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 04:24:46 PM »
I saw the preview of this movie and thought"its happening already"

But by apes, I don't mean black people. I mean the scum of the earth.
Take a ride down Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn down near Jerome Avenue and you will see the Planet of The Apes  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
I think the apes in that movie are smarter than the apes in Harlem. Apes running muslim or black african countries would be an improvement in many ways.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:21:52 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »
I am actually looking forward to the movie.

By the way, I saw Captain America with my son.  We both loved it.  Very well done.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 07:03:19 AM »
I wonder how many times there are going to be different shots at this?

The original movies are kind of interesting if a bit cheesy, the Tim Burton (2001) one was disturbing on many levels not the least of which was that it had implied beastiality in it!  :o

I'm curious to see if the new one will be any better but I think the original few movies probably won't be outdone or improved upon.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:59:15 AM »
I wonder how many times there are going to be different shots at this?

The original movies are kind of interesting if a bit cheesy, the Tim Burton (2001) one was disturbing on many levels not the least of which was that it had implied beastiality in it!  :o

I'm curious to see if the new one will be any better but I think the original few movies probably won't be outdone or improved upon.
So now in 2001 they even had to bring in an element of miscegenation to the story line... :::D  The original movie was big back then... America was close to landing on the moon and most people had no idea where all this space travel stuff would lead...  The notion of  people returning from space travel to a vastly changed world peaked peoples imagination back then in a big way... Looking back at the movie some 40 years later I am amazed at just how well the original plot showed the decay of human society... The story line is almost frightening.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 08:44:14 AM »
So now in 2001 they even had to bring in an element of miscegenation to the story line... :::D  The original movie was big back then... America was close to landing on the moon and most people had no idea where all this space travel stuff would lead...  The notion of  people returning from space travel to a vastly changed world peaked peoples imagination back then in a big way... Looking back at the movie some 40 years later I am amazed at just how well the original plot showed the decay of human society... The story line is almost frightening.

I liked one of the sequels where a human is told "An ape can say NO to a human, but a human can never say NO to an ape!" They were referencing another "N" word.  :::D

I think you're right that the 2001 movie was promoting miscegenation albeit in a sneaky way.

I think the first two movies are kind of funny though how the female scientist chimp Zira is such a feminist and yet she had no problems with the idea of Nova (a female human) being dissected and was annoyed when Taylor wanted to bring her along when he was rescued.