Author Topic: My neighbor's cat gave birth!!!!  (Read 987 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
My neighbor's cat gave birth!!!!
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »
Guys: My neighbors cat gave birth to six babies. Each of the babies fits inside my hand! They are so small! Can you cat experts (I know who you are!) tell me what the cats and their mother needs? THEY ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pictures to come soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: My neighbor's cat gave birth!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 10:07:45 AM »
Call a vet and ask them for advice. If one of them is not feeding as well because of competition with the others there are cat milk mixes at pet stores and sometimes the grocery store. I think their mom has to help them poop by licking around that area and then the mama cat eats it to clean it up. If one of the kittens is rejected for some reason by the mama you have to rub that area with a cotton ball after feeding and clean it up after they go (but you don't have to eat it, lol) If the owner of the female cat doesn't have some kind of religious restriction against it I'd encourage her to get the cat spayed and if possible the kittens as soon as they can.  There are way too many cats with no homes and in the spring and summer shelters are putting down thousands of kittens, working overtime just for euthanasia of adoptable animals. She can be spayed and still nurse her kittens if the spay is done from the side. That's what was done for Blackie and Whitenose, they were spayed when they were still nursing and their babies were able to continue to nurse.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »
Call a vet and ask them for advice. If one of them is not feeding as well because of competition with the others there are cat milk mixes at pet stores and sometimes the grocery store. I think their mom has to help them poop by licking around that area and then the mama cat eats it to clean it up. If one of the kittens is rejected for some reason by the mama you have to rub that area with a cotton ball after feeding and clean it up after they go (but you don't have to eat it, lol) If the owner of the female cat doesn't have some kind of religious restriction against it I'd encourage her to get the cat spayed and if possible the kittens as soon as they can.  There are way too many cats with no homes and in the spring and summer shelters are putting down thousands of kittens, working overtime just for euthanasia of adoptable animals. She can be spayed and still nurse her kittens if the spay is done from the side. That's what was done for Blackie and Whitenose, they were spayed when they were still nursing and their babies were able to continue to nurse.
They are trying to sell them. It's some kind of rare Persian cat or something. Worth a lot of money. The babies are, too.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:21:24 PM »
Post pics
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:22:38 PM »
They are trying to sell them. It's some kind of rare Persian cat or something. Worth a lot of money. The babies are, too.

Well unless they do that for a living I don't think they should breed their cat. A lot of pure breed cats and dogs get put down at shelters too and professional breeders do things to improve certain breeds, etc. while if someone just has a pure bred cat for a pet and thinks 'hey I should breed them' it's almost never a good idea. I don't really know what your friend's situation is but I'm glad that at least those kittens are likely to be taken good care of.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
You know mo I think you love animals, why dont you take one? I own a bengal (part wild cat) and an orange tabby we got her 3 months a go as a baby hes is the cutest!

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 01:20:50 PM »
this is an example of a begal 4 generation removed from wild the asian leopard cat

an asian leopard cat

what my cat looks like

they look like snow leopards and clouded leopards

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:32:21 PM by Chai »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »
You know mo I think you love animals, why dont you take one? I own a bengal (part wild cat) and an orange tabby we got her 3 months a go as a baby hes is the cutest!

I'm HIGHLY allergic, and I can't afford it. One day, G-d willing, I will have BIG, friendly dogs. But right now, the mother of the kittens doesn't want to feed them. Should we by bottles or a dropper and fill it with milk? Your cat is really pretty.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 04:37:03 PM »
aww well try a bengal they are hypoallergenic im allergic to cats too. but the are  crazy ..dogs are good too but im not too much of a dog person

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »
oh and thanks , .  There is nothing like the mothers milk , I cant imagine why she does not feed them. You can go to petland discounts and get formula. They will be ok of you do this.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »
She's back to feeding them.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 10:46:52 PM »
the mother should feed them and be very attentive. I went through this 4 years ago thankfully everything went well.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 11:24:20 PM »
I'm HIGHLY allergic, and I can't afford it. One day, G-d willing, I will have BIG, friendly dogs. But right now, the mother of the kittens doesn't want to feed them. Should we by bottles or a dropper and fill it with milk? Your cat is really pretty.

They definitely need fluids/nutrition. Make sure you get the cat milk and a bottle to feed them with then make sure they get them to a vet as soon as possible to be checked out and for further advice if that happens again. I'm glad she's feeding them again now.

Offline England4Ever

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »
I think puppies are cuter than kittens!  ;D

8) 8) 8)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »
I think puppies are cuter than kittens!  ;D

8) 8) 8)

Both of them are about equal to me. :)

I do wish there were FEWER puppies and kittens though so those who are born would get the loving homes they deserve to have.