Author Topic: "Jewish" rapping  (Read 11711 times)

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: "Jewish" rapping
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2013, 12:59:25 AM »
Shyne and Drake are not even Halachically Jewish

Shyne did  a halachic conversion & hangs around with the Belzers here in Jerusalem.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2013, 01:18:06 AM »
cRap should be illegal just like Islam. It is the biggest promoter of domestic terrorism and denigration in the U.S.

You just listen to the wrong kind. I can point to many good hip-hop songs with honest, clean, Jewish messages...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2013, 01:19:34 AM »
cRap should be illegal just like Islam. It is the biggest promoter of domestic terrorism and denigration in the U.S.

Maybe prayer should also be outlawed, as Muslims pray 5 times a day, and Jews are only required to pray 3 times a day...

By your calculation prayer is the biggest promoter of domestic and international terrorism...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2013, 01:21:57 AM »
Hodu Lashem (Thanks to G-d)... By BenYomen...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2013, 01:33:19 AM »
I have posted this one before (maybe a few times) but it still ranks among my favorite hip-hop 'Jewish' songs. It utilizes a theme which the great Rabbi Nachman of Breslov made famous. We sing 'Kol HaOlam Kulo (gesher tzar meod)' on Shabbat afternoon after lunch many Shabbatons, which means 'The Whole World Is a Narrow Bridge' and 'The Main Thing is to Have No Fear At All'....

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2013, 01:34:10 AM »
I listened for a second and I heard him say "We be those Hebrews". Why can't they at least do it in real English?

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2013, 01:42:49 AM »
Maybe prayer should also be outlawed, as Muslims pray 5 times a day, and Jews are only required to pray 3 times a day...

By your calculation prayer is the biggest promoter of domestic and international terrorism...

I'm not talking about all rap just cRap like "I piss on that hoe smoking a doobie shooting up &#*@)es" which I have heard likewise in real cRap song lyrics which people will play down the road at ridiculous volumes in front of children

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2013, 01:46:02 AM »
I listened for a second and I heard him say "We be those Hebrews". Why can't they at least do it in real English?

It would depend on the rhyme which is being rapped, I don't particularly recall in which song that line is used but at this point I have heard some incredible rhymes from some of these guys. I have been listening to Nossan Zand from Boston, Mass lately and he is pretty talented.

I surely realize that everyone has different tastes in music, so I don't expect you to like it like I do. My musical background, if you have not heard before, is mainly 80s Rock (Rush, Styx, Yes, Van Halen) and Heavy Metal (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath) and I was quite a Deadhead in the 80s (saw the band 40 times). For a long time I refused to listen to any rap because all there was at the time was the 'gansta rap' which I was (like it seems some here) very vocally against. There are still discussions on the Internet from those days (90s) in the 'rec.music.gdead' usenet archives where I was called a 'racist' for being against gangsta rap, but what is interesting is that at that time I was also for 'gun control' which I am firmly against today.

Anyway, don't watch the videos I post if you find them irritating. I find the lyrics mostly inspiring and listen to these songs on my car stereo (with sub-woofer) and they sound great (and not rumbling like those creeps who drive by with distorted speakers).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:01 AM »
I'm not talking about all rap just cRap like "I piss on that hoe smoking a doobie shooting up &#*@)es" which I have heard likewise in real cRap song lyrics which people will play down the road at ridiculous volumes in front of children

Ok, now I get it... I call that 'Gangsta Rap'...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2013, 01:52:58 AM »
Two more and I hang it up for tonite..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2013, 02:04:26 AM »
Ok, sue me.... Two more...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2013, 02:12:28 AM »
Three...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2013, 02:37:06 AM »
Hey Muman. Do you think G-d said "don't shave the corners of your beard" instead of your hair, because you're not supposed to shave?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2013, 02:41:31 AM »
Hey Muman. Do you think G-d said "don't shave the corners of your beard" instead of your hair, because you're not supposed to shave?

Why do you ask this in this thread? I believe I discussed the mitzvah of 'peyot' which you are referring to.

I believe it says 'the corners of the head' which the sages determined are 'side-burns' on the sides of the head. The mitzvah of not shaving with a 'razor' is an entirely different commandment. The length of this hair has been debated and the way it may be cut is with scissors.

If you like we could discuss it more in the Torah section...

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
I've developed a liking of Jewish Hip-Hop and know of at least four great Jewish 'rappers'. I do not like any non-Jewish rap because the only thing which is good about it is good Jewish themes.

Some good artists:

Prodezra
Jewda Maccabee
Shtar
Ben Yomin
Nossan Zand

Here are some Shtar songs:

:laugh:

You like that krap?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2013, 01:27:34 PM »

:laugh:

You like that krap?
  You don't like them... Okay you'll LOVE this one. Warning f word said once!

Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2013, 01:28:29 PM »
I have posted this one before (maybe a few times) but it still ranks among my favorite hip-hop 'Jewish' songs. It utilizes a theme which the great Rabbi Nachman of Breslov made famous. We sing 'Kol HaOlam Kulo (gesher tzar meod)' on Shabbat afternoon after lunch many Shabbatons, which means 'The Whole World Is a Narrow Bridge' and 'The Main Thing is to Have No Fear At All'....

He is officially now a Jew. He can't rap for sh^t.

He was much better before when he was a true ------

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2013, 01:39:44 PM »

He is officially now a Jew. He can't rap for sh^t.

He was much better before when he was a true ------

BIG TIME WARNING ON THAT ONE!
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »
  You don't like them... Okay you'll LOVE this one. Warning f word said once!

ahhhh such beautiful poetry
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2013, 01:50:24 PM »

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2013, 04:26:44 PM »
All rappers are pathetic and untalented. Regardless of race and or religion.

Fully disagree. Not every rapper is singing about drugs, money and women. More then enough rappers singing about real life. About problems, about love, about death, about pain. I think it's realy stupid to call ALL rappers regardless....
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Super Mentalita

• Master JTFer
  • Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out!
« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2013, 04:32:02 PM »
Two more and I hang it up for tonite..

I should lie if i say i not enjoy these 2 songs.
''At the siege of Vienna in 1683 Islam seemed poised to overrun Christian Europe.
We are in a new phase of a very old war.''

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #97 on: June 24, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »
Rav Amnon Yitzhak making fun of rap.

.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:21 AM »
Dust Up! Here is more Nosan Zand for you all...

Fast Lane

Bound Up

Believer w/Matisyahu

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »
I hope some of you are watching these videos and enjoying them. I don't post them for my own amusement...

:o