Poll

Now that things have gone of the ground in Iowa, what do you think JTF should support?

Bachmann
4 (36.4%)
Perry
4 (36.4%)
Someone else who is running
2 (18.2%)
I'm a stupid Libertarian and I'm going for Ron Paul
1 (9.1%)
Obama because the end of the world is here and I want it to be over already
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Idealistic Bachmann vs. Perry  (Read 872 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Idealistic Bachmann vs. Perry
« on: August 16, 2011, 09:50:46 AM »
I posted a poll awhile back in regards to this and we have seen something promising from Bachmann.  Chaim would like her to be president, but doesn't think she can beat Obama. Perry is less idealistic but could be Obama.

What do you think?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Idealistic Bachmann vs. Perry
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:52:19 AM »
I'm still running on the hopes of Bachmann. Ultimately, it does come down to who wins the republican race and maybe with the exception of Ron Paul, who doesn't stand a chance, I would choose whomever the GOP picks. 

I still think JTF should go for the ideal candidate and not settle for someone like Perry at this time.

FYI, the last two options are meant to be jokes..don't vote on them unless you are serious.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »
I prefer Ron Paul.I want to end the Israeli slavery to the USA led NWO
Paul is not going to end anything except his bid for the Republican nomination... The guy is old and tired looking... People have only so much tolerance for most of his nonsense... In the past few election cycles he has been the modern day Ross Perot  of presidential elections :::D 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
Paul is the ony serious Republican camndidate
Yes thats what he is a camndidate  :::D

Offline jbeige

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »
This Bachmann thing is what is going to get obama re-elected by a landslide.
I will not support someone that can not win so I will stick with either Romney or Perry.
The make up of the country now looks like Romney can appeal to many people where Perry and Bachman really can not.
I wish everyone who is supporting Bachmann good luck but when obama gets re-elected don't cry over it.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
I like Bachmann but the problem is that the nation has just moved too far to the left to consider somebody like her. This is 2011, not 1980.  >:(

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »
Obama because the end of the world is here and I want it to be over already!

lol, but in all seriousness, i think its still a bit early to say. sure bachmann has a chance, as we saw in the straw poll, but perry just started and has a whole year to take over.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 08:13:33 PM »
I like Bachmann but the problem is that the nation has just moved too far to the left to consider somebody like her. This is 2011, not 1980.  >:(
Well in 1976 the American people put Carter in office and by 1980 they regained a bit of their sanity and Elected Reagan.... Let's hope in works the same way again this time around... Trump was on the TV last night and I usually can't stand the sight of him however for once he said a few things I can agree with... He said if the shvartza president goes in again for a second term America as we know it is finished... He also said that he doesn't care which of the leading Republican candidates carries the ball as long as one of them wins in the general election.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »
Well in 1976 the American people put Carter in office and by 1980 they regained a bit of their sanity and Elected Reagan.... Let's hope in works the same way again this time around... Trump was on the TV last night and I usually can't stand the sight of him however for once he said a few things I can agree with... He said if the shvartza president goes in again for a second term America as we know it is finished... He also said that he doesn't care which of the leading Republican candidates carries the ball as long as one of them wins in the general election.
There is a difference though, cjd. In 1976 most Americans were still basically sane and when they saw what Carter was all about they dumped him like a bad boyfriend. The vast majority of Americans in 1976 were not in favor of faggot "marriage", abortion on demand, massive redistributions of wealth, or worshipping black people. Today an absolute minimum of 50% of Americans are in favor of those things (and I'm talking about the whites).

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 03:50:46 AM »
Dr. Dan. Not all Libertarians are idiots.  We will be scaring away future JTF members if we continue to generalize this way. 

While there are extreme libertarians who dream of child exploitation and free drug use, most libertarians are more moderate and practical.  Libertarians (with a small 'L' as they are sometimes called) are often very smart people who simply want a smaller less obtrusive government. Nothing to scoff at really. 

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 06:56:51 AM »
Dr. Dan. Not all Libertarians are idiots.  We will be scaring away future JTF members if we continue to generalize this way. 

While there are extreme libertarians who dream of child exploitation and free drug use, most libertarians are more moderate and practical.  Libertarians (with a small 'L' as they are sometimes called) are often very smart people who simply want a smaller less obtrusive government. Nothing to scoff at really. 

Actually, if the founders of this country could be categorized as anything at all based on political labels used today, they would most likely be libertarians (with a small 'L'). So, based on the poll, the founders of the United States and framers of the Constitution were idiots.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 07:54:37 AM »
Most libertarians today want to legalize drugs, prostitution, allow homosexual marriage, etc etc.  it is a party of immorality.

wanting a smaller government might be a libertarian ideal, but does not make someone a libertarian.  I would hope that if a government were too small and there was chaos, that more people would want to increase its size especially if it were a moral government.

Government isn't a bad thing. It is when it is an evil government that we worry.  I would prefer a truly righteous large government than no government. Our problem today is that or government us evil and there needs to be less of it.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 08:32:57 AM »
Most libertarians today want to legalize drugs, prostitution, allow homosexual marriage, etc etc.  it is a party of immorality.

wanting a smaller government might be a libertarian ideal, but does not make someone a libertarian.  I would hope that if a government were too small and there was chaos, that more people would want to increase its size especially if it were a moral government.

Government isn't a bad thing. It is when it is an evil government that we worry.  I would prefer a truly righteous large government than no government. Our problem today is that or government us evil and there needs to be less of it.

But government is a reflection of the citizens, at least in a country that is free to elect their leaders. If the majority of people elect immoral leaders, or are themselves immoral, and you have a large, overbearing federal government, then the government is able to forcefully coerce everyone under it's control. At least with a small, limited federal government the immorality or evil is not spread throughout the whole country.

Actually, I am not advocating for small, limited government as much as I am for a small, limited FEDERAL government. This country was supposed to be a federation of states, which is where the majority of political power was supposed to be concentrated in. And then there's this little item in the 10th Amendment of the Constitution: "...or to the people." which further limits government power of the states and further localizes it.  I can't imagine the function of government being any farther away from those founding principle than it is today.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson