Author Topic: Allen West: I‘m Here to Lead Blacks Off the Democratic Party ’Plantation’  (Read 672 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/allen-west-im-here-to-lead-blacks-off-the-democratic-party-plantation/

GOP Rep. Allen West believes that the Democratic Party is akin to a modern-day “plantation.”

In an interview on Wednesday night’s “O’Reilly Factor,” he told guest host Laura Ingraham that he is the “modern-day Harriet Tubman“ and that he wants to lead fellow African Americans away from the the ”21st century plantation.”

West made extremely bold statements throughout the interview, apparently undeterred by any negative response he might receive from the Democratic Party or from fellow African Americans. Commenting on anger that was seen at a Congressional Black Caucus (of which West is the only GOP member) town hall meeting in Detroit this week, he said:

“The people on that plantation are upset because they’ve been disregarded, disrespected and their concerns are not cared about…I’m here as the modern-day Harriet Tubman to kind of lead people on the underground railroad away from that plantation into a sense of sensibility.”

West went on to dismiss some African American leaders as “nothing more than overseers over that plantation” and he stated his belief that white liberals have relied upon people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to support Democratic policies. These individuals, he claims, have failed to addresses important matters. West also discussed recent flash mobs (as per the Huffington Post):

The freshman Republican said the fact that black leaders have done nothing in response to the recent spate of flash mobs in U.S. cities is proof of their disconnect from the black community. This summer has been marked by flash mobs in several cities, including Philadelphia and Cleveland, and are thought to be fueled by growing discontent among unemployed urban youth.

He also went on to say that Republicans have not done well drawing black voters into the conservative movement. That said, he explained that there is an opportunity for conservatives to reach African Americans by connecting with them on the issues of “individual responsibility and accountability, faith and family, [and] hard work ethic.”

Watch West’s comments, below (his Harriet Tubman statement is at 2:35):

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
I love that he's using that language against the liberals.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
West is 100% right however he is barking up the wrong tree... The few blacks he would lure of the plantation are off the plantation already... The thing with blacks is for the most part they want to be on the so called plantation... Being off the plantation means work and having then have nothing to complain about when things don't go your way... Sadly for blacks they are more or less where they desire to be... A few more handouts a few more liberal justices in the various courts and they be good to go... Like Al Sharpton said.... " We started out on this here donkey and we are going to ride him to the end of the line".
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
That said, he explained that there is an opportunity for conservatives to reach African Americans by connecting with them on the issues of “individual responsibility and accountability, faith and family, [and] hard work ethic.”

Yeah Riiiight!  :::D

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Yeah Riiiight!  :::D

AHhaahahah

Because hard work, responsibility, accountability and family are the first things that come to mind when I hear about black people.  :::D
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
West is 100% right however he is barking up the wrong tree... The few blacks he would lure of the plantation are off the plantation already... The thing with blacks is for the most part they want to be on the so called plantation... Being off the plantation means work and having then have nothing to complain about when things don't go your way... Sadly for blacks they are more or less where they desire to be... A few more handouts a few more liberal justices in the various courts and they be good to go... Like Al Sharpton said.... " We started out on this here donkey and we are going to ride him to the end of the line".
Yep.