Author Topic: Tattoos Linked to cancer  (Read 4452 times)

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
Re: Tattoos Linked to cancer
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 11:19:38 PM »
Tattoos, for the most part, demonstrate impulsiveness, weak foresight and a lack of respect for one's body. I am turned off by tattoos on a woman and I can't see myself ever getting one.

at least tattoos can be removed now, it just hurts like boiling oil.

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 11:24:30 PM »
Muman, Jehovah will reward you for living a clean life!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 12:34:07 AM »
Muman, Hashem will reward you for living a clean life!

Thank you very much maelgwyn... I appreciate the support. May Hashem grant us all the vision to see ourselves reaching our potential.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 07:40:46 AM »
Ruby,

I will tell you a short story.  when I was in school with a lot of spoiled young brats in anatomy lab, some of the women in my class (boozers, gossipers, low end trash) said that they frequently saw people with tattoos in the small of their back, just above their backsides (and why were they looking???).  They said that this was a "slut tag."  I'd never heard of this expression before, but when I heard it, I thought these girls in my class were about as nasty as I'd ever seen a group of young people, with no 'slut tag.' As is so often the case, those who are most loud and rebellious, have the most to hide with respect to their own inner wickedness.  I felt sorry for the girl/guy with the tattoo above their backsides being the objects of their derision. I never wanted to have a tattoo, but I always tell people who tell me that they are getting one no matter what to atleast try Henna first

I've also heard this referred to as a 'slut tag'. I think tattoos on various parts of the body send different signals to those who know how to decode them, but in general I think they just make people look trashy. I don't really have anything against Henna because it's temporary. I think things like henna or face paint are ok just not anything that permanently marks the body.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 07:47:30 AM by Rubystars »

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 11:45:58 AM »
That tattoo in the small of the back on a woman is also called a Tramp Stamp. And yeah, it more often than not tells you that a woman is a slut. I would never date a woman who has one.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
That tattoo in the small of the back on a woman is also called a Tramp Stamp. And yeah, it more often than not tells you that a woman is a slut. I would never date a woman who has one.

The sad thing about it is that when/if they grow up and become more mature, they are still stuck with the 'tramp stamp' unless they spend a lot of money and go through the pain of getting it removed. Even then they'd likely have some scarring there showing where it was.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 01:10:39 PM »
On the one hand I don't care for lots of tats and would never get one (though a few don't bother me). On the other, I don't see a good reason to judge people for something that the Bible does not say is wrong for all people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 01:24:56 PM »
On the one hand I don't care for lots of tats and would never get one (though a few don't bother me). On the other, I don't see a good reason to judge people for something that the Bible does not say is wrong for all people.

Tattooing is a pagan practice but you're right that not everyone with one is evil. However I do believe that it's a sin for Christians but I know there are differences of opinion on  this.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 07:12:04 PM »
However I do believe that it's a sin for Christians but I know there are differences of opinion on  this.
Where in the Bible does it say this?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2011, 08:24:23 PM »
Where in the Bible does it say this?

Leviticus 19:28
2 Corinthians 6:14-17

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2011, 09:40:18 PM »
Leviticus 19:28
2 Corinthians 6:14-17
What does a covenant that Christians are not under, and a paragraph admonishing believers not to intermarry or be united with unbelieving philosophers have to do with modern-day tattoos?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 07:48:57 AM »
What does a covenant that Christians are not under, and a paragraph admonishing believers not to intermarry or be united with unbelieving philosophers have to do with modern-day tattoos?

There are a lot of things that we believe are still sins which are forbidden primarily in the OT. Christians do have beliefs with respect to grace and not being under the law in the same way when it comes to things like what we can eat and some other things, but that doesn't invalidate everything in that part of the Bible for us. The part about the nonbelievers has to do with the fact that tattoos are part of pagan worship and practice and Christians should not be taking part in it. One thing I've noticed is that many tattoos have occult imagery in them. For example why would someone put a star (pentacle) on their bodies? Why would someone put a dragon (symbolic of Satan in Revelations) on their body? It's even worse if they try to put "Christian" symbols on their body. Putting Bible verses on you and then sweating all over them or getting dirty in the normal course of life is a pretty big desecreation of God's word. Would you put a religious symbol on your arm and then wipe yourself or do other things using that arm? Imagine someone putting a tramp stamp of a cross on themselves right above their donkey... would that be majorly disrespectful? I think so. Then there are the 'tribal' tattoos. Why in the world would someone want something referring to a tribal (pagan) society?

Also think about the mark of the beast, why would we want to mark ourselves with pagan symbols when that's the very type of thing that will be done under pressure in end times prophecy (they will not be able to buy or sell without it) and it will condemn people to hell?