Author Topic: In which U.S. states are guns still legal?  (Read 617 times)

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
In which U.S. states are guns still legal?
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:38:54 AM »
Title

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: In which U.S. states are guns still legal?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:46:16 AM »
Guns are legal in all 50 states... We still have the Constitution...

But there are restrictions on certain guns, like automatic and semi-automatic weapons. In some places there are laws which allow one to carry a concealed weapon.

But I doubt there will be any attempt to take away American guns. We have a big gun lobby (NRA) which makes sure of that...

http://www.nraila.org/gunlaws/

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=74

Since state laws are subject to frequent change, this chart is not to be considered legal advice or a restatement of the law.
With extensive gun control laws on the books in America, there are two challenges facing every gun owner. First, you owe it to yourself to become familiar with the federal laws on gun ownership. Only by knowing the laws can you avoid innocently breaking one.

Second, while federal legislation receives the most media attention, state legislatures and city councils make many more decisions regarding your right to own and carry firearms. NRA members and all gun owners must take extra care to be aware of anti-gun laws and ordinances at the state and local levels.

The following chart lists the main provisions of state firearms laws as of the date of publication. In addition to the state provisions, the purchase, sale, and, in certain circumstances, the possession and interstate transportation of firearms are regulated by the Federal Gun Control Act of 1968 as amended by the Firearms Owners` Protection Act of 1986. Also, cities and localities may have their own gun ordinances in addition to federal and state restrictions. Details may be obtained by contacting local law enforcement authorities or by consulting your state`s firearms law digest compiled by the NRA Institute for Legislative Action.

1.   "Assault weapons" are prohibited in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey and New York. Massachusetts: It is unlawful to sell or transfer handguns not on the Firearms Roster. The City of Boston has a separate "assault weapons" law. Some local jurisdictions in Ohio also ban “assault weapons.” Hawaii prohibits “assault pistols.” California bans “assault weapons”, .50BMG caliber firearms, some .50 caliber ammunition and “unsafe handguns.” Illinois: Chicago, Evanston, Oak Park, Morton Grove, Winnetka, Wilmette, and Highland Park prohibit handguns; some cities prohibit other kinds of firearms. Maryland prohibits “assault pistols”; the sale or manufacture of any handgun manufactured after Jan. 1, 1985, that does not appear on the Handgun Roster; and the sale of any handgun manufactured after January 1, 2003 that is not equipped with an “integrated mechanical safety device.” Massachusetts: It is unlawful to sell, transfer or possess “any assault weapon or large capacity feeding device” [more than 10 rounds] that was not legally possessed on September 13, 1994 and the sale of handguns not on the Firearms Roster. The City of Boston has a separate “assault weapons” law. The District of Columbia bans "assault weapons," .50BMG caliber firearms and ammunition, "unsafe firearms," and "large capacity" (more than 10 rounds) ammunition feeding devices. Virginia prohibits "Street Sweeper" shotguns. (With respect to some of these laws and ordinances, individuals may retain prohibited firearms owned previously, with certain restrictions.) The sunset of the federal assault weapons ban does not affect the validity of state and local “assault weapons” bans.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 02:50:01 AM »
Fire Arms are illegal in my country :'(  The only weapons i have are a trunceon, a spear, and a pen knife, but iam thinking of getting a bow & arrows ! :::D

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 02:54:31 AM »
Did you mean guns as in pistols or as in rifles and submachine guns ?

I think automatic fire weapons are illegal since the Klingon era am I wrong ?

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 03:25:31 AM »
I meant rifles and submachine guns

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 03:39:22 AM »
I meant rifles and submachine guns

As I said, most handguns and rifles are not a problem. But automatic and semi-automatic weapons may have limitations in many states.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14