Author Topic: What is a Noahite?  (Read 8488 times)

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: What is a Noahite?
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 03:08:41 PM »
I have heard it described this way. Take the sun in the sky. It is light, heat and energy. One sun with 3 distinct aspects. In my opinion, one of the strongest arguments for why G-d would manifest in the flesh is because if he didn't, we would be able to say to G-d on Judgement day, "but you don't understand, you are not like us". Jesus eliminates that possability. He was both fully human and fully G-d.

Ok this makes a bit more sense to me.  But to me, light, heat, and energy are all the same.  Yes they are different aspects of the sun, but they are all equal to each other, they are not divisible from one another.  They are not separate. Light is heat, heat is energy, light is energy etc.  Applying the concept of the Trinity (that I've heard at least and the one based on the Shield of the Trinity) to the sun would say instead that light is not heat, heat is not energy and that they are separate entities when they are actually the same.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Allen-T

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 03:20:36 PM »
I have heard it described this way. Take the sun in the sky. It is light, heat and energy. One sun with 3 distinct aspects. In my opinion, one of the strongest arguments for why G-d would manifest in the flesh is because if he didn't, we would be able to say to G-d on Judgement day, "but you don't understand, you are not like us". Jesus eliminates that possability. He was both fully human and fully G-d.

Ok this makes a bit more sense to me.  But to me, light, heat, and energy are all the same.  Yes they are different aspects of the sun, but they are all equal to each other, they are not divisible from one another.  They are not separate. Light is heat, heat is energy, light is energy etc.  Applying the concept of the Trinity (that I've heard at least and the one based on the Shield of the Trinity) to the sun would say instead that light is not heat, heat is not energy and that they are separate entities when they are actually the same.

I have never seen that diagram before. We also use this analogy. I often use this when talking to Jehovah Witnesses. In some passage of the Bible Jesus is saying "I am equal to God". But in others he seems to be making a clear distinction bewteen Father and Son. In a marriage, where man and woman become "one flesh" with God as the glue that holds it together, you have an intrinsic equality as people before God, but at the same time you have a headship of the husband over the wife, and God over both. If I am talking to someone about the intrinsic equality between my wife and I, that would be like when Jesus equated himself with God. If I am talking to someone else about my headship over my wife, that would be equatable to where Jesus is talking about the Father/Son relationship. I believe marriage is in part to help us understand the trinity concept.   

Allen-T

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 03:22:10 PM »

What is intrinsic is equal, what is functional is not.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 05:23:32 PM »
Let's try and be respectful to the Jewish members on this forum. The trinity concept or godman concept is very offensive to most of us and this could be taken in a missionizing manner (even though I know you don't mean it in this way).

I defended the Christians on this forum the last couple of times and this time I'm going to watch for my fellow Jews. I really try to be fair. We don't need religious fighting between us because our mission at JTF is so important.

Please know that I am saying with great respect for my fellow righteous gentiles.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

ftf

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »
It shouldn't be offensive, it's only offensive due to blatant misunderstandings, I do not believe Allen-T is trying to force either of these concepts down your throats, and neither am I, we're just trying to explain how they can make sense.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 05:30:25 PM by ftf »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 05:52:49 PM »
Here's a site of interest for all:

http://www.vendyljones.org.il/

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 08:01:06 PM »
Well, for me, I could never understand the Trinity, it's simply out of my range of comprehension.  I won't criticize it though because I can't criticize something I know so little about.  The similarities of truths between Jews and Christians and the shared purpose in this life are so fundamental that the differences between the Jewish and Christian conceptions of G-d is insignificant in comparison.  Sorry for any misunderstandings jeffguy, I was just curious about the topic and I wanted to learn a little bit more about it, Allan-T was just responding with his beliefs which I think provides for greater understanding.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 08:48:01 PM »
Ah, no need to apologize. This wasn't that big of a deal. I just wanted to interject in case things got heated. I'm trying to watch out for you guys.

I think it was really nice to see people with the intention of trying to understand the Creator -- even though I disagree with the subject matter because I am Jewish. I hope that makes sense.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

ftf

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 04:46:17 AM »
I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.

Allen-T

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 06:21:24 AM »
My final thoughts; Is it not fair to say that on the subject being discussed here, some are right and some are wrong? If that is true, wouldn't it be of interest and in fact desirable to everyone to be right? Is being offended more important than learning or teaching someone truth? I would hope that I am in the company of people that would make more of an effort on my part, if I am seeking to learn about your view, than to not speak to me out of fear of offending me or being banned. I, in turn support the sentiment expressed in the following Proverb; 27:6; Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.