Author Topic: Hey, big spender! Kanye West spends £14,000 in London fabric store whilst enjoyi  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2043856/Kanye-West-spends-14-000-London-fabric-store-whilst-enjoying-cuppa.html

Hey, big spender! Kanye West spends £14,000 in London fabric store whilst enjoying a cuppa

Most people would assume that celebrities who design fashion ranges don't do all the hard work themselves, but this doesn't apply to Kanye West.

The U.S. rapper spent £14,000 in a fabric shop in East London yesterday handpicking materials for his upcoming women's wear collection.

Owner of London Trimmings, Ashraf Loonat, was shocked when the star walked in but said he was very down to earth.

'He turned up unexpectedly at first,' said Loonat. 'He was very polite, interested in what we had to say.'

Even more unbelievable was the fact that the 34-year-old went shopping without a large entourage.

'He just had a couple of people with him,' added Loonat.

The star, who's range will be showcased at Paris Fashion Week at the weekend, also took time to pose for a photograph with stunned Loonat and a member of staff whilst telling him why he was on the shopping spree.

'What was really good was when I asked him why he was here himself he said: "I want to work from the ground upwards, I don't want to leave it to someone else."'

The Love Lockdown singer purchased zips and several fabrics whilst browsing the Whitechapel wholesaler and even made a second trip back to buy more.

On his next visit, Loonat took the time to offer the rapper a drink.

We offered him a cup of tea and he said: "Thank you very much, one sugar please," recalled Loonat.

'We got the kettle on for him and I was surprised he accepted it.'

The controversial star obviously thought a lot of the London store's stock and was taking his role as a fashion designer very seriously.

'Personally I think he will probably come back, Loonat concluded.

'I think London has a special place for his label.'

The star is certainly no stranger to women's fashion in the capital as sat front row at the Burberry Spring Summer 2012 show at London Fashion Week earlier this month.

The singleton was pictured laughing with actress Sienna Miller during the catwalk show, and also sat next to British singer, Ellie Goulding.