Author Topic: Somewhat Kosher 'hip-hop'  (Read 2057 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Somewhat Kosher 'hip-hop'
« on: October 20, 2011, 08:47:37 PM »
I know that many JTFers have no interest in so-called hip-hop music. While I am an avid hater of 'gangsta rap' I have developed a little taste for some 'Jewish Hiphop' which is hip-hop with a positive Jewish message. One such artist I learned about from Ben Bretsky who has a show on Israel National News is named 'Prodezra Beats'. I learned about him last year and have listened to a couple of his songs which I burned on a CD and listen to on the drive in to work...

Prodezra beats has a new CD out which has some very nice songs which all have a positive Jewish message, pro-Israel and spiritually motivating...

Here are some tracks which I like:

Prodezra Beats attended the Mayanot Yeshiva in Jerusalem and that song M.A.Y.A.N.O.T is a play on the name {which means wellspring}...

http://www.chabad.org/centers/default_cdo/aid/117959/jewish/Mayanot-Institute-of-Jewish-Studies.htm
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 08:52:58 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Somewhat Kosher 'hip-hop'
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
One last one... This one is about the coming of Moshiach..

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 02:29:24 AM »
Dear G-d:

Between the Lines:

Survive:

What If?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 02:45:41 AM »
I hope I am not the only one who is enjoying these videos... I do think Prodezra Beats is very talented and I enjoy his lyrics and his message.

This song is about the story of Chanukah when the Greeks oppressed the Jews in Eretz Yisroel...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 12:14:42 AM »
Another good Jewish 'hip-hop' band is Shtar... I've heard them a few times and think they have a good sound...

Modeh Ani:

Heavenly Glow:

Nagila:

Ashrei:

Tikkun HaOlam:

Kel Adon:

Infinity:

Modeh (Live):