Author Topic: One Day in the Life of a Jew in France  (Read 5705 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
One Day in the Life of a Jew in France
« on: November 11, 2011, 08:48:24 AM »
I received this post from a friend in NY. One of his friends is living in France and posted this to him with the request that he distribute it to his American friends. He prefaces with: Once again, the real news in France is conveniently not being reported as it should. To give you an idea of what's going on in France where there are now between 5 and 6 million Muslims and about 600,000 Jews, here is an email that came from a Jew living in France. Will the world say nothing - again - as it did in Hitler's time?

He writes: "I am a Jew - therefore I am forwarding this to everyone on all my e-mail lists. I will not sit back and do nothing. Nowhere have the flames of anti-Semitism burned more furiously than in France: In Lyon, a car was rammed into a synagogue and set on fire. In Montpellier, the Jewish religious center was firebombed; so were synagogues in Strasbourg and Marseilles; so was a Jewish school in Creteil - all recently. A Jewish sports club in Toulouse was attacked with Molotov cocktails, and on the statue of Alfred Dreyfus in Paris, the words 'Dirty Jew' were painted. In Bondy, 15 men beat up members of a Jewish football team with sticks and metal bars. The bus that takes Jewish children to school in Aubervilliers has been attacked three times in the last 14 months. According to the Police, metropolitan Paris has seen 10 to 12 anti-Jewish incidents PER DAY in the past 30 days. Walls in Jewish neighborhoods have been defaced with slogans proclaiming 'Jews to the gas chambers' and 'Death to the Jews.' A gunman opened fire on a kosher butcher's shop (and, of course, the butcher) in Toulouse, France; a Jewish couple in their 20's were beaten up by five men in Villeurbanne, France The woman was pregnant; a Jewish school was broken into and vandalized in Sarcelles, France . This was just in the past week. So I call on you, whether you are a fellow Jew, a friend, or merely a person with the capacity and desire to distinguish decency from depravity, to do, at least, these three simple things: First, care enough to stay informed. Don't ever let yourself become deluded into thinking that this is not your fight. I remind you of what Pastor Neimoller said in World War II: 'First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up, because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.' Second, boycott France and French products. Only the Arab countries are more toxically anti-Semitic and, unlike them, France exports more than just oil and hatred. So boycott their wines and their perfumes. Boycott their clothes and their foodstuffs. Boycott their movies. Definitely boycott their shores. If we are resolved we can exert amazing pressure and, whatever else we may know about the French, we most certainly know that they are like a cobweb in a hurricane in the face of well-directed pressure. Third, send this along to your family, your friends, and your co-workers. Think of all of the people of good conscience that you know and let them know that you and the people that you care about need their help. The number one bestselling book in France is..'September 11: The Frightening Fraud,' which argues that no plane ever hit the Pentagon. Please pass this on. Let's not let history repeat itself, thank-you for your time and consideration." Freedom Center pamphlets now available on Kindle: Click here. -- Rabbi Nachum Shifren Your Educational Candidate Lecturer and Author, Candidate for California State Senate, District #26 www.RabbiForSenate.com Rabbi Nachum Shifren needs your help, please contribute any amount large or small to support his candidacy for State Senate, helping take back our neighborhoods, state and country. To contribute to this cause click on the following link; http://tinyurl.com/ydro6le "If we had 10 more teachers like Rabbi Shifren, we could turn around America tomorrow."

....Rev Jesse Lee Petersen

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
Re: One Day in the Life of a Jew in France
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »
I don't understand this call to boycott everything that's French. All the antisemitic incidents that take place in France are carried out not by the indigenous French population, but by Arab and African immigrants, who also actively target non-Jewish natives by the way. It's not French culture and French people that are the causes of this violence, it's immigration of Muslim and Arab roaches and the left-wing policies that promote it. There are French Jew-haters, but : 1) they are a small fraction of the French population; 2) they do not carry out violent acts against Jews. The public, the media, the politicians and the police are not indifferent and passive in the face of antisemitic acts in France. On the contrary, several cases have raised public outcry. There has been a mobilization of security forces to protect synagogues and cultural centers. The vast majority of France is safe for Jews. The incidents are all concentrated in a few neighborhoods populated by Arabs and Africans. I am not saying this is good enough. I am saying that the root cause of the problem is a minority of Muslims (and their radical left-wing friends) who have nothing to do with the principles of the French Republic and who actually attack them continuously by trying to impose sharia law. The solution is not a meaningless boycott of France, the solution is to throw all these Muslim roaches out.
Needless to say, any Jew who wants to live a truly Jewish life should move to Israel anyway. Unfortunately for Israel and for Judaism, a lot of French Jews are very assimilated and very attached to France (which is a very anti-religious country in general).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:59:33 AM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »
Also, about the reference to 9/11, you Americans should not believe that the French have irrational hostility towards the US because it's not true. Most French are actually friendly towards the American people and all the French were supportive of the Americans when the terrorist attacks occurred in 2001. The French are sometimes critical of US policies (sometimes with good reasons by the way) and they are attached to their independence. But that doesn't mean they don't like the Americans. Most of them actually admire the American people for their all their achievements. They just resent being looked down upon or told orders by a foreign power because they are proud of their culture and they want to preserve their differences.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:46:19 AM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 11:12:37 AM »
Yaakov mandelbrot, it's true that most of the anti-jewish action is  carried by muslims but you cannot seriously try to excuse the native frogs, i mean french  ;-) let's see.... didn't degaul backstabbed us in 1967 and all subsequent french presidents continually condemned us in exchange for friendly relations with the Muslim world and with the increasing Muslim population in France?

I don't know if the french hate us or they are merely hypocritical conscience-less egotistical people. But the end result isn't much different anyway.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »
Yaakov mandelbrot, it's true that most of the anti-jewish action is  carried by muslims but you cannot seriously try to excuse the native frogs, i mean french  ;-) let's see.... didn't degaul backstabbed us in 1967 and all subsequent french presidents continually condemned us in exchange for friendly relations with the Muslim world and with the increasing Muslim population in France?

I don't know if the french hate us or they are merely hypocritical conscience-less egotistical people. But the end result isn't much different anyway.

This is about antisemitic actions carried out in France against French Jews, not about the policies pursued by French governments with regard to Israel. Of course the policies pursued by French governments against Israel are very bad. But this is a different topic.

(by the way, you are the first one to notice the fractal figure : are you interested in Mandelbrot's works ?)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:42:01 AM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 11:41:06 AM »
Yaakov, I think the french are trying really hard to see things through Islamic eyes. Not just the politicians, but the entire population. The french don't believe in the anglosaxon version of multi-culti, but they came up with just as bad a solution, which is basically 'you Muslims will learn to speak french, and we will learn to respect Islam.

(I should be interested in Mandelbrot but i haven't studied fractals so far)

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 11:59:10 AM »
Yaakov, I think the french are trying really hard to see things through Islamic eyes. Not just the politicians, but the entire population. The french don't believe in the anglosaxon version of multi-culti, but they came up with just as bad a solution, which is basically 'you Muslims will learn to speak french, and we will learn to respect Islam.

Not true. The French people who really know Islam hate Islam because it goes completely against the values and principles that unite them. But, like every other country in the Western world, a lot of French people have been brainwashed by the educational system, by the media and by the politicians into thinking that Islam is a "religion of peace" and that it would be "racist" to criticize Islam. But things are changing. More and more French men and women are becoming aware of what Islam really is and are starting to come together against it.
Let's hope France will soon have another Charles Martel !

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
France and other nations of the world that are not Israel are becoming increasing more dangerous for Jews to live in.  Idealistically, all Jews should at some point make aliyah to Israel.  That even includes me.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:18 PM »
If the detailed letter is authentic, then it is very serious. Otherwise it is a gimmick arising out of some business rivalry.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2011, 04:35:12 AM »
If the detailed letter is authentic, then it is very serious. Otherwise it is a gimmick arising out of some business rivalry.
It's true just put any of the individual acts into the browser you will find it
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 06:02:31 AM »

It's true just put any of the individual acts into the browser you will find it

Thanx! As it is true so I prefer to curse the perpetrators of the crimes against the Jews.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 06:41:34 AM »
Thanx! As it is true so I prefer to curse the perpetrators of the crimes against the Jews.
:laugh: :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
Yaakov Mendel lies and rewrites history (he also said that the French didn't murder Jews in the Holocaust...) because his wife is French.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2011, 07:40:59 PM »
Yaakov Mendel lies and rewrites history (he also said that the French didn't murder Jews in the Holocaust...) because his wife is French.

Ron what did we tell you about insulting members here?  Did you forget to take your medication?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 07:45:25 PM »
Ron what did we tell you about insulting members here?  Did you forget to take your medication?

Yea, Yaakov denies the Holocaust of at least 76,000 French Jews and I need to sit idly? what are you tolerating, Dr. Dan?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
Yea, Yaakov denies the Holocaust of at least 76,000 French Jews and I need to sit idly? what are you tolerating, Dr. Dan?

I don't think so.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 08:11:30 PM »

I would rather side with a Jew who is trying to improve himself than one who might be in your position and insulting and egotistical.  You have no right to insult the good members in this forum.  Wet have all said it a million times to you to debate and not to defame.  If you don't like it, don't post here anymore.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:48:53 PM by Lisa »

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 04:59:13 AM »
In the 1890s French churchmen were calling for the extermination of French Jews, then the Dreyfus Affair & fate of  French Jews in WW2! >:(

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 06:39:54 AM »
So now I'm called a Holocaust denier. Me, a Holocaust denier...I would never have thought that, one day, I would meet someone who would tell me that I am a Holocaust denier. This is so preposterous that I am speechless.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 08:18:48 AM »
So now I'm called a Holocaust denier. Me, a Holocaust denier...I would never have thought that, one day, I would meet someone who would tell me that I am a Holocaust denier. This is so preposterous that I am speechless.

Yaacov, it's so comical for anyone to believe this about you speechless is the only thing to be.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »
In the 1890s French churchmen were calling for the extermination of French Jews, then the Dreyfus Affair & fate of  French Jews in WW2! >:(

There has been Christian antisemitism in every Christian country, not specifically in France. Actually, the Church was more antisemitic in many other European countries, especially in Eastern Europe.
And, of course, not all churchmen were antisemites. My grandfather (as well as dozens of other Jews) was saved by a French Catholic priest during WWII, and if it wasn't for this Righteous Gentile, I wouldn't be here today.  

then the Dreyfus Affair

The Dreyfus Affair at the end of the nineteenth century literally torn France's society apart. A considerable proportion of the French population were outspoken supporters of Dreyfus, despite all the anti-Dreyfus propaganda by a few influential Jew-haters in the military and in the political circles. Without this popular support, Dreyfus would not have been rehabilitated a few years after his unfair conviction. Today, a big statue of Drefus stands in the middle of the highest military training college in France and Dreyfus (who was a very assimilated Jew by the way) is considered as a great patriotic hero by the French.

& fate of  French Jews in WW2! >:(

The Vichy regime is by no means representative of the French Republic. On the contrary, it was a momentary collapse of all the major principles and values on which the French institutions have been founded since 1789, brought about by a catastrophic military defeat. The Vichy regime did not represent France's nation, it was a creation of the German occupiers.
Only a small minority of French people actively collaborated with the Nazis. There were actions of resistance despite the fact that they were very difficult and dangerous in a country that was OCCUPIED BY THE NAZIS, and those who did this paid a very high price. Some villages who had protected Jews were destroyed and their entire population massacred. The rule was that when one German was killed, the Germans randomly murdered a hundred citizens. It took a lot of courage and even heroism to defend Jews in those circumstances.  And yet, approximately 75% OF FRENCH JEWRY WAS SAVED, Baruch Hashem. That is why France is today home to the third largest Jewish population in the world.
The vast majority of the French population were neither monsters nor heroes, they were ordinary people who were afraid and powerless and simply tried to survive. Most of them did not inform against Jews, but neither did they sacrifice themselves. Before you judge them, think honestly about what YOU would have done in their position, if you were not Jewish and if you had children. The real culprits were the members of the political and the military elite, who miserably failed in the battlefield against the Germans, much to the surprise of Hitler, who expected much more resistance, and then who participated in the criminal institutions that collaborated with the German Nazis.
The pillar of the French nation is not the tragic temporary episode of the Vichy regime, it is the French Revolution, which made Jews free and equal citizens.

And which nation or people can claim to have cared for European Jews during WWII anyway ? America, which did not even bother to bomb the railways leading to the death camps ? The judenrats in Israel who did not even want to save the lives of 600,000 Hungarian Jews in exchange for a few thousand trucks ? The British, who barred Jewish immigration in "Palestine" during the 1930s and sank ships of Shoah survivors ?  

Offline maelgwyn

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 11:07:44 AM »
Iam not a french hater on the wall of my front room is historic pic of the railway coach where Marshall Foch signedthe German surrender on 11.11.1918.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 11:42:01 AM »
Iam not a french hater

I did not say that. By the way, you are absolutely entitled to hate the French - although sweeping generalizations about them would be silly. Personally, I don't hate them but I don't love them either. What I don't like about some of them is their tendency to be cowards and hypocrites. And I am obviously opposed to the policies pursued by French governments with respect to Israel. They want the Arab oil, the Arab contracts and the Arab votes in France.
But I respect French culture and the values and principles of the French Republic.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
I used to like some of the French cheeses, as well as brioche. 

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 11:52:57 AM »
I used to like some of the French cheeses, as well as brioche. 

Well I don't want to sound like the one who defends the French all the time but I'd like to add that, besides fine cuisine, France has also produced many of the brightest mathematicians and scientists of the last two centuries - a number of them being French Jews  ;D