Author Topic: Cannabis Positively Linked To Schizophrenia Risk!  (Read 4930 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Cannabis Positively Linked To Schizophrenia Risk!
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2011, 05:49:37 PM »
Schizophrenia almost always comes about in young adults. The number of children under 10 who are diagnosed with what might be called schizophrenia in an older person is essentially zero. Every paper I have read on it states that it comes about as a combination of heredity and environmental factors, in young adults or teens at the earliest. I have never heard of anybody "born with it"--maybe you mean he was born into a family where it ran in their genes and later developed it?

Yes, he was diagnosed with it in his teens.... I did not mean he was 'born' with symptoms. I know about it through research I did when he was a neighbor of mine. You are correct it is usually diagnosed in the teens. My neighbor did have to take medication to keep his symptoms in control but as many schizophrenics do he eventually went off the medicine and just disappeared one day.... I never figured out what happened to him..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2011, 05:51:43 PM »
His schizophrenia was probably caused by a combination of genes and various factors in his upbringing. We may never know exactly what those factors are but it is never totally inevitable that someone gets it even if all the genes are there.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »
Schizophrenia almost always comes about in young adults. The number of children under 10 who are diagnosed with what might be called schizophrenia in an older person is essentially zero. Every paper I have read on it states that it comes about as a combination of heredity and environmental factors, in young adults or teens at the earliest. I have never heard of anybody "born with it"--maybe you mean he was born into a family where it ran in their genes and later developed it?

But other mental diseases also develop in young people (or older) as a combination of heredity and environmental factors, which also have nothing to do with the occult.  

Being unrelated to "occult" does not require a person to be "born with it" in any situation.     But you also said there is a combination with heredity, so that actually implies they are somewhat born with it (in combination with environmental factors).    So I'm really not sure what you're trying to say here.

As a clear example, regarding something that is not a mental illness but a degenerative disorder, Parkinson's (the nonfamilial type) is not hereditary, and no one is born with that.   Nonetheless it is developed later in life in some people, God forbid, and has nothing to do with occult.  

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
Schizophrenia IMO is a mental disease and has nothing to do with the occult.  Certainly nothing that can be verified.

Putting yourself at risk of schizophrenia is definitely wrong, if that is a significant risk.   There is no need to invoke witchcraft or other hardly related matters.   Either it's a health risk, or it isn't.  If it is, then one should not do it, just as they should not eat unhealthy food or do other unhealthy habits.
Fair enough. It is clear that marijuana use can cause or significantly contribute to schizophrenia. The occult stuff was just my opinion and commentary but it does not affect the central findings made about cannabis/schizophrenia.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2011, 06:05:01 PM »
regarding something that is not a mental illness but a degenerative disorder, Parkinson's (the nonfamilial type) is not hereditary, and no one is born with that.   Nonetheless it is developed later in life in some people, G-d forbid, and has nothing to do with occult.  
Like you said, Parkinson's isn't a mental illness at all. I do know that some drugs, such as meth, can cause Parkinson's in later life (I don't know if marijuana can). I focused on marijuana because methamphetamine is universally acknowledged to be a terrible drug whereas cannabis is not.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 06:09:09 PM »
Like you said, Parkinson's isn't a mental illness at all. I do know that some drugs, such as meth, can cause Parkinson's in later life (I don't know if marijuana can). I focused on marijuana because methamphetamine is universally acknowledged to be a terrible drug whereas cannabis is not.

Speed Kills.... That is true..
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2011, 06:13:30 PM »
Fair enough. It is clear that marijuana use can cause or significantly contribute to schizophrenia. The occult stuff was just my opinion and commentary but it does not affect the central findings made about cannabis/schizophrenia.

I hear you.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2011, 06:42:29 PM »
So KWRBT--is it okay to eat pig?  :P :laugh: