Author Topic: I am in Israel for the first time in 21 years!!!  (Read 804 times)

Offline Nekama

• Full JTFer
I am in Israel for the first time in 21 years!!!
« on: January 19, 2012, 12:53:32 PM »
B'H I am currently in Jerusalem for a family simcha (happy occasion).  I have not been in Israel since 1990 when I spent a year in Yeshiva.  I am shocked by the huge increase in building of Jewish housing in the Jerusalem vicinity.  Of course it is not enough but the build-up has been significant.

This is truly a most beautiful country and this has been an awe inspiring experience so far.   I cannot wait to move here G-D willing. 

Only bad parts of the trip were (1) going to breakfast in the morning and seeing arab cockroaches cooking my food and cleaning up after me and (2) arab cab drivers.  Btw, every arab I have seen has a mono-brow.  What's up with that?

Nekama

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: I am in Israel for the first time in 21 years!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 02:06:40 PM »
Congratulations!!!!   You shoulda brought some Raid bug spray to protect yourself from the Arab Cockroaches.

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
Was this one of your cab drivers?

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 08:52:42 PM »
B'H I am currently in Jerusalem for a family simcha (happy occasion).  I have not been in Israel since 1990 when I spent a year in Yeshiva.  I am shocked by the huge increase in building of Jewish housing in the Jerusalem vicinity.  Of course it is not enough but the build-up has been significant.

This is truly a most beautiful country and this has been an awe inspiring experience so far.   I cannot wait to move here G-D willing. 

Only bad parts of the trip were (1) going to breakfast in the morning and seeing arab cockroaches cooking my food and cleaning up after me and (2) arab cab drivers.  Btw, every arab I have seen has a mono-brow.  What's up with that?

Nekama

Mazel tov!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 01:26:41 AM »
Nekama,    I hope your trip to Israel provides you with great memories.     

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43:11 AM »
Mazel Tov!

I wish I could be there... Soon...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14